Manuel Pellegrini for Chelsea!

chemcint

Yeah right, we bought it.........

I bet manure wish they could have spend millions, then they'd be sure-fire winners of the PL this season....oh, wait......

Well said BQ, I don't just get how a Chelsea supporter ( who claims he's been for 46yrs!) can make such a statement

Not a good idea at all. With all the money spent at City you would think he should have done better in europe.

Their seeding meant City would always struggle. Considering they are quite new to CL I would say he's done a good job, setting them up for the future when they are more used to CL football. 

His ability in europe shouldn't be in question considering what he's achieved with Villarreal and Malaga. 

Their seeding meant City would always struggle. Considering they are quite new to CL I would say he's done a good job, setting them up for the future when they are more used to CL football. 

His ability in europe shouldn't be in question considering what he's achieved with Villarreal and Malaga. 

If what he has done with City in Europe is a "good job", I would love to know what you would consider to be a "f**king terrible job".

They have been embarrassing bad previously; perhaps they will get further this year but the excuses you are making for him are laughable with the resources at his disposal at City. 

This would be a terrible decision.

Instead of going for these so called top managers, why don't we go for someone a bit different ?

We need to be realistic, we ain't getting Champions League football next season, as it stands we are in a relegation fight, i really can't see us ending up with a so called top manager. I think we need someone who can rebuild the team, not someone who is looking for instant success.

If what he has done with City in Europe is a "good job", I would love to know what you would consider to be a "f**king terrible job".

They have been embarrassing bad previously; perhaps they will get further this year but the excuses you are making for him are laughable with the resources at his disposal at City. 

A "f**king terrible job" would be not qualifying for the knockout rounds at all obviously. I've already said they should got 2nd place in their first season and could have done better in their second season, they weren't as good as Madrid and Dortmund at that point but they should have at least put up a better fight and got 3rd over Ajax.

I'm not making excuses, I'm just being realistic and acknowledging that resources can only get you far. Malaga actually got further in the CL once they lost their financial backing and were left with an average squad but back to City. Their players and Pellegrini have admitted that they lacked the right mentality in the CL, you can't fix that with money. Only with experience and they have improved each season, baring that awful 2nd season. 

So yes, I maintain that he's done a good job when you consider all factors. Not great, could obviously be better but a good job nonetheless. There's no shame in finishing runners up to a team like Bayern two years in a row, I wouldn't fancy our chances topping a group with them in it either, and then getting knocked out twice by Barcelona who then went on to win it in 14/15. 

even Pep has only managed to win the CL twice despite having coached the two best clubs in Europe. 

jose's CL run with both us and Madrid was well below par, and even his first tenure we should have done better with the squad we had which was arguably our best team ever. 

pellegrini is still a top manager no matter what anybody says, and if we don't get Pep there is very few, if any coaches out there for us. 

No matter how much you try to defend him there is just no disputing his time managing City in Europe has been anything other than terrible.

Given the money he has spent his achievement at City are not that great at all.

He would be a woeful appointment for our club.

Fair enough, we clearly have different views on what terrible actually is then. 

A "f**king terrible job" would be not qualifying for the knockout rounds at all obviously. I've already said they should got 2nd place in their first season and could have done better in their second season, they weren't as good as Madrid and Dortmund at that point but they should have at least put up a better fight and got 3rd over Ajax.

I'm not making excuses, I'm just being realistic and acknowledging that resources can only get you far. Malaga actually got further in the CL once they lost their financial backing and were left with an average squad but back to City. Their players and Pellegrini have admitted that they lacked the right mentality in the CL, you can't fix that with money. Only with experience and they have improved each season, baring that awful 2nd season. 

So yes, I maintain that he's done a good job when you consider all factors. Not great, could obviously be better but a good job nonetheless. There's no shame in finishing runners up to a team like Bayern two years in a row, I wouldn't fancy our chances topping a group with them in it either, and then getting knocked out twice by Barcelona who then went on to win it in 14/15. 

Right. Wouldn't it be the manager's job to fix it then? Which he failed to do. If we are throwing in one team examples then look at Chelsea. We had quite good CL runs initially after Roman bought the club and the squad didn't really have more CL experience than Pellegrini's City.

Right. Wouldn't it be the manager's job to fix it then? Which he failed to do. If we are throwing in one team examples then look at Chelsea. We had quite good CL runs initially after Roman bought the club and the squad didn't really have more CL experience than Pellegrini's City.

It is his job and like I said they have improved, gradually, but it's not going to change overnight. We'll see how far they get this season before claiming he's failed to do anything.  

Unlike City, we had a rich history of playing in europe so our seeding was already high enough to ensure we would avoid group of deaths. Also we had core players like, Gallas, Terry and Lampard who were involved in that history prior to the takeover. 

doesn't matter if he gets the job or not, he will be gone inside 2 years + or - a few months

its quite clear there is no long term vision at Chelsea FC board level involving managerial stability and bringing up players from the academy ranks

the board under RA (god bless him & his billions after all) have their own agenda it seems with managers as 'figureheads' only, the Russian

bird and DOF are imo 'running' the 1st team show

we shall see this pan out with uncle Guus's selections and tactics over the next few months, Villa are cut adrift, Sunderland lose today and will

be joining them very soon, so all CFC have to do is avoid the dreaded 18th place (very close down there), I hope Emenalo's tactics and team selections work then !

This is in response to the post by chemsint, for some reason it's not letting me quote!

It's going a bit off topic but I've got to deal with this moronic post.

Abramovich gave us as a club the tools we needed to win the title, he hasn't bought the title because as Liverpool have found out that's impossible to do.  Giving us the tools is something Bates tried to do and got us close to doing but we came up slightly short, without his intervention though RA would never have been interested in us.

because I am disillusioned I guess. At this point I don't care if I miss a game. I hated looking at Costa, Fab and Hazard on Last week. No matter how bad it got, you don't give up on the team, as they surely did.

doesn't matter if he gets the job or not, he will be gone inside 2 years + or - a few months

its quite clear there is no long term vision at Chelsea FC board level involving managerial stability and bringing up players from the academy ranks

the board under RA (god bless him & his billions after all) have their own agenda it seems with managers as 'figureheads' only, the Russian

bird and DOF are imo 'running' the 1st team show

we shall see this pan out with uncle Guus's selections and tactics over the next few months, Villa are cut adrift, Sunderland lose today and will

be joining them very soon, so all CFC have to do is avoid the dreaded 18th place (very close down there), I hope Emenalo's tactics and team selections work then !

Rubbish

Ok.

So Pelligrini didnt do wel in Europe because they needed experience? Hasnt Yaya won the CL before? Hasnt Aguero won the EL(perhaps multiple times)? In fact, if pressed, I think you would struggle to find many important MCFC players who didnt have signifcant experience in European competitions....the manager certainly lacked no experience there so I wil ask, how can experience or mentality be mentioned as an excuse rather than indicate the managers weakness? In light of the resources, I'd say MCFC in Europe under Pelligrini is as dissapointing as this season has been for us.

Or, alternatively, how have MCFC fared in Europe compared to Arsenal? The latter have spent far less and actually could claim the excuse of players lacking experience.

Now on to the BPL.

Yes Pelligirin has won the BPL with significant investment in a team that had won the BPL then finished second in the two seasons prior. I do maintain that it was a fortunate BPL title for MCFC as they only won it by two points after teams ahead of them faltered in the home stretch (LFC and us, thanks MIke Dean) but then perhaps cutting it close is their style. Afterall, they previously won it on the final day in the final minutes on goal difference, a tale for the ages to be sure.

Now we've had managers win the league with big investments too. Thing is they smashed a league record each time and won it convincingly. They marched up and grabbed that cup with authority, didn't need it to slip through the fingers of other teams to catch the prize.

and despite having the best squad (debateable i suppose) pre transfer window and the biggest spending spree in said window, where is MCFC right now under Pelligrini? 3 points behind Leicester and 1 point above Tottenham.

I fail to see anything that could lead me to believe he would be an improvement.

It is his job and like I said they have improved, gradually, but it's not going to change overnight. We'll see how far they get this season before claiming he's failed to do anything.  

Unlike City, we had a rich history of playing in europe so our seeding was already high enough to ensure we would avoid group of deaths. Also we had core players like, Gallas, Terry and Lampard who were involved in that history prior to the takeover. 

Pellegrini was appointed five years after the takeover by the Sheik. That was their third consecutive season in the CL, and they were also involved once in the Europa League and once in the UEFA Cup in the previous three season. He did get a squad with European experience, including some players with vast CL experience from their previous clubs.

Ten years before that Ranieri did not have a squad with better experience. Some new players like Maka, Geremi, Crespo or Veron, yes. But the majority of the squad did not have CL experience. In the three previous years we didn't get through the UEFA Cup qualifiers. From the 1999-2000 squad that did play in the CL he only had Babayaro and Desailly (JT, Carlo and Melchiot only watched that from the bench at best).

Ok.

So Pelligrini didnt do wel in Europe because they needed experience? Hasnt Yaya won the CL before? Hasnt Aguero won the EL(perhaps multiple times)? In fact, if pressed, I think you would struggle to find many important MCFC players who didnt have signifcant experience in European competitions....the manager certainly lacked no experience there so I wil ask, how can experience or mentality be mentioned as an excuse rather than indicate the managers weakness? In light of the resources, I'd say MCFC in Europe under Pelligrini is as dissapointing as this season has been for us.

Or, alternatively, how have MCFC fared in Europe compared to Arsenal? The latter have spent far less and actually could claim the excuse of players lacking experience.

Now on to the BPL.

Yes Pelligirin has won the BPL with significant investment in a team that had won the BPL then finished second in the two seasons prior. I do maintain that it was a fortunate BPL title for MCFC as they only won it by two points after teams ahead of them faltered in the home stretch (LFC and us, thanks MIke Dean) but then perhaps cutting it close is their style. Afterall, they previously won it on the final day in the final minutes on goal difference, a tale for the ages to be sure.

Now we've had managers win the league with big investments too. Thing is they smashed a league record each time and won it convincingly. They marched up and grabbed that cup with authority, didn't need it to slip through the fingers of other teams to catch the prize.

and despite having the best squad (debateable i suppose) pre transfer window and the biggest spending spree in said window, where is MCFC right now under Pelligrini? 3 points behind Leicester and 1 point above Tottenham.

I fail to see anything that could lead me to believe he would be an improvement.

Maybe they are scared that we will hire Brendan Rogers and hence are clamoring for Pellegrini ? Rogers atleast did something with Swansea.

He did get Liverpool playing great football for 1 season, albeit helped massively by a world class player. We have the funds to sign "world class" players. Although Rodgers money spent at Liverpool was by and large awful and he wasted a great deal of it. I'd say he's too risky. Plus he's a knob.

"For me the focus is on Swansea. I came here to do a job. The story for us all so far has been fantastic and I hope that will continue. If any of our fans are wondering about me and Chelsea, they need not panic.

"I am trying to build my career and not destroy it."

"For me the focus is on Swansea. I came here to do a job. The story for us all so far has been fantastic and I hope that will continue. If any of our fans are wondering about me and Chelsea, they need not panic.

"I am trying to build my career and not destroy it."

As insulting as it sounds, It is a sad truth with how we handle managers. That again does not mean that I want him as the Chelsea Gaffer. I feel like his career will be much better once he learns to shut his mouth.

Archived