Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

JMaher94

Context? Okay here is context.

We lost 9 games in the league games in half a year with Mourinho this year against big teams and small. Conte lost 7 league games in three years at Juve.

We are upgrading on a dated manager who seldom won a game towards the end and ripped the sole out of Chelsea. 

Flat out lying does not work in here mate. conte lost about 15 odd games in his time at Juve.

Even in the worst period of his career Jose lost only 2 big games this season (city and dippers at home) compared to Conte who lost about 3-5 big games each season in the best era of his career.

Its is plane simple dumb to ignore Jose's glittering 9 year career and go by just half a season where he was set up to fail.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

conte is still a young coach at 46 and has already won a good amount, but he can still achieve a lot more in football. bit unfair to compare conte to mourinho considering the latter had managed good sides packed with world class talent - that helps a lot. why go critiquing our new coach's achievements before he's even arrived? let's just get behind him now. 

Edited by enigma

Flat out lying does not work in here mate. conte lost about 15 odd games in his time at Juve.

Even in the worst period of his career Jose lost only 2 big games this season (city and dippers at home) compared to Conte who lost about 3-5 big games each season in the best era of his career.

Its is plane simple dumb to ignore Jose's glittering 9 year career and go by just half a season where he was set up to fail.

He isn't lying. He said he lost 7 league games in three seasons which is TRUE !

2011/12 Won 23 Drawn 15 Lost 0

2012/13 Won 27 Drawn 6 Lost 5

2013/14 Won 33 Drawn 3 Lost 2

That makes 7 on my calculator .... :-)

Season 1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Serie_A

0 losses in the league

Season 2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Serie_A

5 losses in the league

Season 3: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Serie_A

2 losses in the league

Now correct me if i'm wrong or flat out lying here but to my knowledge 0 + 5 + 2 = 7 does it not?

I won't even get started on the fact you said 'plane simple dumb'. 

Now i would appreciate it if you removed your comment where you insinuated i have lied as i have proven evidence. When you are man enough i will accept an apology from you also.

Edited by RIP Mourinho

Thank you very much, you just beat me to it!

Yes and he got knocked out of 3 X Italian cupx, 2 X CL and 1 X EL by mike tyson punches rather than lost football matches.  :face_palm:

you've totally lost it mate. take a step back and reflect on good things in your life. That might help. 

Excellent record he had at Juve. Hope he can similarly impress in the PL !

An undefeated season in a Major European league is as rare as hens teeth ... winning 33 games out of 38 is also mighty impressive (that's one more than Jose managed in his best season at Real Madrid)

Yes and he got knocked out of 3 X Italian cupx, 2 X CL and 1 X EL by mike tyson punches rather than lost football matches.  :face_palm:

you've totally lost it mate. take a step back and reflect on good things in your life. That might help. 

Strange. that doesn't seem to say "Sorry mate, i got a little excited and tried to claim you were lying when everything you said was pure fact and I was infact wrong." 

By the looks of it, you're trying to dodge the point i made about you chatting sh*t. Just admit you were wrong and we can move on. 

Excellent record he had at Juve. Hope he can similarly impress in the PL !

An undefeated season in a Major European league is as rare as hens teeth ... winning 33 games out of 38 is also mighty impressive (that's one more than Jose managed in his best season at Real Madrid)

I know, i think he'll do great at Chelsea. Hopefully another undefeated season at Chelsea in the future for Conte  :wink:

I think I was even there in MH Lower when Jose lost to the mighty Charlton at Home in the League Cup in 2005 lol. Cups are always a lottery ....

conte is still a young coach at 46 and has already won a good amount, but he can still achieve a lot more in football. bit unfair to compare conte to mourinho considering the latter had managed good sides packed with world class talent - that helps a lot. why go critiquing our new coach's achievements before he's even arrived? let's just get behind him now. 

Conte also managed a Great side packed with world class talent in Pogba, Vidal, Bonucci, Cheillinei, Buffon and Tevez. All world class players.

The point is not to belittle Conte's achievements here. He is a solid manager for the league but he genuinely has a very average "big match" record.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

Strange. that doesn't seem to say "Sorry mate, i got a little excited and tried to claim you were lying when everything you said was pure fact and I was infact wrong." 

By the looks of it, you're trying to dodge the point i made about you chatting sh*t. Just admit you were wrong and we can move on. 

My point was simple. Conte's big match record is average. End of.

Until you came in with your anti-Jose w**kfest and started spewing lies all over the place.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

Conte also managed a Great side packed with world class talent in Pogba, Vidal, Bonucci, Cheillinei, Buffon and Tevez. All world class players.

The point is not to belittle Conte's achievements here. He genuinely has a very average "big match" record.

Conte took over a team that was consistently finishing mid table and finished the league unbeaten first year.. Losing to none of these 'big teams' in the league that he seems to consistently lose against. 

Yes he did manage great players, but he also signed most of them too. He made the side great. 

My point was simple. Conte's big match record is average. End of.

Until you came in with your anti-Jose w**kfest and started spewing lies all over the place.

Spewing lies hahahahaaha. C'mon kid, everyone has pointed out there are no lies and i've used facts. Just say sorry, get a warm glass of milk and get an early night. I think all this internet has got to your head. 

Conte took over a team that was consistently finishing mid table and finished the league unbeaten first year.. Losing to none of these 'big teams' in the league that he seems to consistently lose against. 

Yes he did manage great players, but he also signed most of them too. He made the side great. 

So he dint lose in the first season and then lost like a "bored housewife in vegas" for the next two seasons. 

And the point is??

Spewing lies hahahahaaha. C'mon kid, everyone has pointed out there are no lies and i've used facts. Just say sorry, get a warm glass of milk and get an early night. I think all this internet has got to your head. 

Haha facts that are wrong are also lies. give up with your negativity about mourinho mate.

As I said go reflect on whats good in your life, that would help you get rid of the negativity.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

So he dint lose in the first season and then lost like a "bored housewife in vegas" for the next two seasons. 

And the point is??

Haha facts that are wrong are also lies. give up with your negativity about mourinho mate.

As I said go reflect on whats good in your life, that would help you get rid of the negativity.

I'm almost certain you are trolling now. We've shown you actual figures and links to web pages that show you what you need to know. 

Your mum needs to cancel your internet privileges.

Should be an Arsenal fan because you're absolutely delusional.   

Lets have his big match record then. I'd like to see how average it is as I have no doubts he'll be able to beat WBA or Bournemouth

Most of his big games from his first 2 seasons. 

20 May 2012Final Juventus 0–2 Napoli [show]Rome 

25 September 2012 5 Fiorentina 0–0 Juventus [show]Florence
29 September 2012 6 Juventus 4–1 Roma [show]Turin

20 October 2012 8 Juventus 2–0 Napoli [show]Turin

3 November 2012 11 Juventus 1–3 Internazionale [show]Turin

25 November 2012 14 Milan 1–0 Juventus [show]Milan
9 February 2013 24 Juventus 2–0 Fiorentina [show]Turin
16 February 2013 25 Roma 1–0 Juventus [show]Rome

1 March 2013 27 Napoli 1–1 Juventus [show]Naples

30 March 2013 30 Internazionale 1–2 Juventus [show]Milan

21 April 20133 3 Juventus 1–0 Milan [show]Turin
29 January 2013Semi-finals Second leg Lazio 2–1 (3–2 agg.) Juventus [show]Rome

In CL he got knocked out by Bayern so wont give him any grief for that. Also he knocked us out of CL that season.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

Disappointed to read about his big game loses. He's going to need to step it up in these games if he wants to good things here.

So was it Conte's Juve that Oscar scored his wondergoal? The Juve that won the group?

Disappointed to read about his big game loses. He's going to need to step it up in these games if he wants to good things here.

So was it Conte's Juve that Oscar scored his wondergoal? The Juve that won the group?

Yes. They did knock us out that season though.

Did I read "Klopp wins big games?"  The same Klopp that has an 0-5 record in Cup finals in recent years?

He did the double over city, beat us at SB, knocked united and dortmund in spactacular fashion just in the last 6 months.

I'd say he is better at big games than Conte. 

I am not worried about klopp though. He loses plenty of easy games so he wont be anywhere close to top4.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

I don't know a lot about the topic but you don't seem to have a strong case orpington blue. It seems you want to believe Conte has a bad record in big games.

I said its very average. How you get that to mean "bad" I am not sure.

I am sure he will do better than wenger and poch, but thats not saying much. Especially when you have Jose and guardiola coming at ya with far bigger transfer budgets.

Edited by Orpington_Blue

• coco unpinned this topic