Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

JMaher94

Disappointed to read about his big game loses. He's going to need to step it up in these games if he wants to good things here.

So was it Conte's Juve that Oscar scored his wondergoal? The Juve that won the group?

This is his record against the Top 6 in Serie A in each season he was at Juventus:

post-15270-0-05789400-1464114286_thumb.jpg

Overall record across 3 seasons vs Serie A Top Six is won 20 drawn 6 lost 4.

Not much of concern really ... 100% record at home ... maybe he won't be able to maintain that LOL.

Edited by Sexyfootball

I said its very average. How you get that to mean "bad" I am not sure.

I am sure he will do better than wenger and poch, but thats not saying much. Especially when you have Jose and guardiola coming at ya with far bigger transfer budgets.

I think it may be that your first statement was the he lost to big teams frequently.  Also, there seems to have been a bit of a jump about between talking about what he did in the league mixed with what he did in all competitions.

I think in the league he was exemplary (as you proved when you showed he only had 4 losses).  Cup competitions are always a gamble, and as you said he may not have taken some as seriously.

I think "frequently" is a bad word to have used, and I also think he is better that "average" based on some of the facts that you and others in this thread have provided. 

Antonio Conte: Italians who move to MLS must 'pay the consequences'

“We evaluated them technically, we didn’t leave anything to chance. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, we went everywhere to have clear and precise ideas. I picked the 30 who I think will give me the most guarantees.”

Edited by the special one

I confess to knowing next to nothing about Conte and the Italian league, the latter has never interested me. I don't think we can take much from the Euro's by watching Italy, he'll have different players at Chelsea so if they go out in the group stages I can't say it'll have me panicking.

The last four Italian managers we've had have been absolute gents and whilst their persona isn't imperative to getting results - I'm hoping we can play the type of football we did under them and win some trophies to boot. We, three did with us... but the fourth did just win the league

seems like conte has annoyed the mls with his comments regarding not including giovinco and pirlo in the italy national squad 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/24/antonio-conte-italians-mls-consequences

and mls respond

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/05/24/borg-take-antonio-contes-words-what-they-really-are-tired-cliche

Edited by enigma

Not the most convincing retort by the MLS. When you roll out an Albanian, 83 year old Irish striker and an uncapped 30 year old Belgian as evidence your league is strong with quality internationals you know your point is as credible as Robben's right foot.

i think he can speak decent english, but even if he went into a rant in italian i think he would make the players sit up. even when he's talking relatively calmly he seems like a real intense guy. i can only imagine what he'd be like if the players act up. he seems exactly what we need in a coach and if he can bring in the players he wants i really think we can build a strong side. 

Edited by enigma

seems like conte has annoyed the mls with his comments regarding not including giovinco and pirlo in the italy national squad 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/24/antonio-conte-italians-mls-consequences

and mls respond

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/05/24/borg-take-antonio-contes-words-what-they-really-are-tired-cliche

The reply from the MLS is petty and childish. It is reasons like this that no one takes the Americans seriously when it comes to 'soccer'. Could you imagine if the FA had put something like this out. Embarrassing.

• coco unpinned this topic