Man City Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 3/12 2016 KO 12:30 GMT

On 11/29/2016 at 11:57, DonAntonio said:

City clear favourites with the bookies, a win for city twice as likely as a win or even a draw for us apparently...wonder why this is the conclusion, we are by far the best in form team in the league and we have scored 19 to concede 1, quite prolific by anyone's standards, seeing Debby downers on this thread again, as with every single game after Hull, thought the team have earned a bit of trust by now, can't understand the mindset of a fan that starts out expecting a loss every game, can't be much fun. 

God thank you was just about to say the same thing, every time since we have shifted to 3-4-3, every match thread is how we are going to get found out and our clean sheet run is about to end. No way could we keep Ibra quiet, no way will Saints not score at their own ground, Lukaku against a back three no way we stop him from scoring, we always struggle away to Boro (even tho we have won our last 4 without conceding there) we might struggle against a lesser side in a tough away ground. Every game we could get found out, we will struggle away to a tough team, beat Saints comfortably, we will get found out when a team match our formation, won 5-0, we won't cope with going behind, went behind and won. If we win this weekend i guarantee the next excuse will be we haven't proved ourselves against a team who park a double decker bus so facing West Brom managed by Tony Pulis will be the real test.

Ofcourse like the clean sheet run our winning run will end sometime, but the sheer volume in how people predict it every single match is just ridiculous and screams pessimism for the sake of it, i'm not just talking this forum, in my social life and on other places people are banging on about it.

Edited by Argo

11 minutes ago, Argo said:

God thank you was just about to say the same thing, every time since we have shifted to 3-4-3, every match thread is how we are going to get found out and our clean sheet run is about to end. No way could we keep Ibra quiet, no way will Saints not score at their own ground, Lukaku against a back three no way we stop him from scoring, we always struggle away to Boro (even tho we have won our last 4 without conceding) we might struggle against a lesser side in a tough away ground. Every game we could get found out, we will struggle away to a tough team, beat Saints comfortably, we will get found out when a team match our formation, won 5-0, we won't cope with going behind, went behind and won. If we win this weekend i guarantee the next excuse will be we haven't proved ourselves against a team who park a double decker bus so facing West Brom managed by Tony Pulis will be the real test.

Ofcourse like the clean sheet run our winning run will end sometime, but the sheer volume in how people predict it every single match is just ridiculous and screams pessimism for the sake of it, i'm not just talking this forum, in life and on other places people are banging on about it.

Well said man!  

STUCK!

Does anyone have or know of any spares for the coach ride up to the Etihad? Or otherwise, of anyone driving there who has a spare seat? I live near Hounslow.

My friend was meant to be driving us to Manchester, but has fallen ill.

I really don't want this to ruin what is sure to be an excellent end to what has been a nightmare of a week for me!

Any help much appreciated!

Man City away usually the one game of the season i think "would take a draw".  (prior to us both being took over, we beat them regularly)  

current form though i think we will do them, both teams to score 2-1 to us.  If we lose it isnt that big a hit as City would only go 2 ahead of us with lpool, arsenal, and leicester to come this month.

Whereas we have WBA, Palace, Bournemouth sunderland and stoke to come.  Much easier month on paper.  Putting tomorrow aside I genuinely do not expect us to lose a single one of those upcoming games.

The Bluemoon users will have you believe Aguero, Silva and KDB are the greatest things to ever grace the PL, but to be fair, right now; Hazard is better than Silva, Sterling, and Nolito and yes, on form id have him over KDB.  Current form I would have Pedro over Sterling too and Navas (who is just utterly, hilariously bad)

Diego Costa is joint top scorer with Aguero, with an added 4 assists and same no. games played.  But yeh, Aguero is miles better, different planet.... not

This myth that City's squad is far stronger than ours is laughable.  It is perhaps better overall, but its marginal.

If that's true then pep needs to prove himself in the euros against the best team in the world with Southampton rejects....give conte Barca and Bayern Munich I think he would do rather well in the CL, in fact I think even I could get them at least to the quarter finals by playing a Benny hill video in the dressing room pre match then saying go out and win lads...

[emoji3] [emoji106]

If you match us up with them man to man, I think we come out on top. Hazard/Costa and De Bruyne/Aguero are equal, Sterling or Silva is usually better than Pedro but on current form that's not as pronounced. I'd take Kante/Matic over Fernandinho/Fernando, Toure's old but Gundogan with one of the first two would make this a more even matchup. At the back though with their injury crisis I'd take all 5 of our defenders and Courtois over their lot.
2-1 to us.

Courtois????

The Bluemoon users will have you believe Aguero, Silva and KDB are the greatest things to ever grace the PL, but to be fair, right now; Hazard is better than Silva, Sterling, and Nolito and yes, on form id have him over KDB.  Current form I would have Pedro over Sterling too and Navas (who is just utterly, hilariously bad)
Diego Costa is joint top scorer with Aguero, with an added 4 assists and same no. games played.  But yeh, Aguero is miles better, different planet.... not
This myth that City's squad is far stronger than ours is laughable.  It is perhaps better overall, but its marginal.

The only reason why I think they have a better team is because of their strong bench.

20 hours ago, Gokul JK said:

ha ha , i absolutely agree . but the irony is leicester are still champions and we got to retrieve it from them .

What a pity . look at them now . They're closing on relegation spots !

irony? where is/what comprises the irony exactly?

This is going to be a tough match for us. City are favourites with ourselves to win the Premiership and have home advantage. Toure, Aguero and De Bruyne worry me. Toure in midfield is always a bonus for Citeh, Aguero likes scoring against us and De Bruyne can be a a match winner for them.  Our main hope is that their defense isn't too hot without Kompany. I will be very happy to get a draw today but I fear we may come unstuck.  COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

The nerves are setting in, but I believe we can win this! We're as good as anyone and should fear nobody! If we can exploit City's defensive weakness we're a massive chance.

A reminder to Australians here that SBS will be broadcasting the game live with coverage starting at 11:00pm EST so there's no need for streams tonight!

Any set piece in their half and we should push up with our CBs alongside Costa, Matic and Alonso to pressure their keeper and defence. Bravo is well dodgy at those so we need to exploit it.