Bernardo Silva

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Better player than Ali really ? He had 18 goals this year !! Bernardo Silva had 9 goals 9 assist while playing in France with a team that was scoring goals for fun

He lit up the CL, Ali and spuds flopped in both the CL and EL at the highest level...so yeah.

hes a far more complete player than Ali and for me is simply a better footballer 

Edited by Chelsbear

2 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Neymar is on 150k a week and Suarez is 200k a week as per Forbes in Jan 17. 

There is not a chance in hell we will pay 300k a week to Sanchez. If he's after that number he will move elsewhere. 

Thats just two examples...a year before Sterling we got Costa for 30 million and Cesc for less. It's because they came from English clubs...the market has been over inflated for years unless you have been living under a rock. We payed a near 25 million for Shaun Wright Phillips 10 years ago for goodness sake. The English Market is insane. 

No. of transfers of the price 50mil+:

Pogba (2016)

Bale (2013)

CR (2009)

Higuain (2016)

Suarez (2014)

James (2014)

Neymar (2013)

KDB (2015)

Maria (2014)

Zidane (2001)

Oscar (2017)

Zlatan (2009)

Kaka (2009)

Cavani (2013)

Luiz (2014)

Sterling (2015)

ADM (2015)

Falcao (2013)

Torres (2011)

So out of the world's 19 most expensive transfers : 14 have happened in the last 4 transfer windows. So please, wake up and see the difference. We got lucky with Cesc and Costa. Last season we got Michy for 32 mil. The market is super-inflated and nothing like 10 years ago.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/barcelona-player-salaries/

Just one of the sources. A normal google search saying "suarez wages" gives an answer of 25mil euros. So while they may not be 300mil pounds, they sure are way closer than you think and again, thats the salaries of players that are WORLD class. Hazard's current wages are what? 200kpw according to WAGNH. If we do put a new deal on the table knowing that he is one of the best in the world who is clearly on the radar of a club of the stature of RM, what do you think we are going to offer? 201kpw? 

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/3/29/15109388/new-hazard-contract-300000-per-week-salary-wages

Here, is an article from WAGNH confirming my thinking and making perfect sense.

22 minutes ago, didierforever said:

No. of transfers of the price 50mil+:

Pogba (2016)

Bale (2013)

CR (2009)

Higuain (2016)

Suarez (2014)

James (2014)

Neymar (2013)

KDB (2015)

Maria (2014)

Zidane (2001)

Oscar (2017)

Zlatan (2009)

Kaka (2009)

Cavani (2013)

Luiz (2014)

Sterling (2015)

ADM (2015)

Falcao (2013)

Torres (2011)

So out of the world's 19 most expensive transfers : 14 have happened in the last 4 transfer windows. So please, wake up and see the difference. We got lucky with Cesc and Costa. Last season we got Michy for 32 mil. The market is super-inflated and nothing like 10 years ago.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/barcelona-player-salaries/

Just one of the sources. A normal google search saying "suarez wages" gives an answer of 25mil euros. So while they may not be 300mil pounds, they sure are way closer than you think and again, thats the salaries of players that are WORLD class. Hazard's current wages are what? 200kpw according to WAGNH. If we do put a new deal on the table knowing that he is one of the best in the world who is clearly on the radar of a club of the stature of RM, what do you think we are going to offer? 201kpw? 

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/3/29/15109388/new-hazard-contract-300000-per-week-salary-wages

Here, is an article from WAGNH confirming my thinking and making perfect sense.

I think @ChelseaBear is also correct. The market overall is inflated but there is a huge premium on English players and transfers in and out of English clubs. How many on your list were either in or out of England? Other clubs know English clubs will and can pay more, they also know they have to spend more to get top talent away from them 

I seem to remember them doing early business when Pep joined, signing Nolito etc., and now Nolitos leaving. Didn't help then, hopefully won't now!

Also surely in attack isn't where their weaknesses lie? They were scoring plenty without Silva. I'll be worried if they sign some proper defenders and a midfielder though. 

I have to say I like Silva though; on the ball he has fantastic close control and poise to wriggle out of most tight situations. He'd be an upgrade on Sterling for sure! Never thought he'd come to us anyway though, a team like City is closer to how Monaco play. Hopefully we can make a statement or two in due time...

13 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

I think @ChelseaBear is also correct. The market overall is inflated but there is a huge premium on English players and transfers in and out of English clubs. How many on your list were either in or out of England? Other clubs know English clubs will and can pay more, they also know they have to spend more to get top talent away from them 

8 out of 19 are not to or from england which is still a decent number considering EPL is the most cash rich league. Also, Chelsea is an English team and we will have to pay over the odds.

SWP for 25mil was hardly the norm at that time. Currently you get players like benteke for 32mil. Lukaku/Morata for 80??????? Yes, he and you are right in saying that the english market is more inflated than the current market, BUT even the general market is heavily inflated and simply not relatable to 10 years ago (our transfer targets are quoted to be VVD from 50mil, Lukaku/Morata for 80mil, Bakayoko for 40mil). 2 of these transfers will be club records and all 3 will be part of the club's top 5 transfers. Transfers like Higuain from Napoli to Juve for 75mil (really? Higuain for 75mil), setting world record of highest domestic transfer. 

And if nothing else convinces you guys about the massively bloated market, then this is my last throw of dice: Even Papy went for 8mil in this current market. :ohmy::ohmy:

Edited by didierforever

33 minutes ago, Remy10 said:

I seem to remember them doing early business when Pep joined, signing Nolito etc., and now Nolitos leaving. Didn't help then, hopefully won't now!

Also surely in attack isn't where their weaknesses lie? They were scoring plenty without Silva. I'll be worried if they sign some proper defenders and a midfielder though. 

I have to say I like Silva though; on the ball he has fantastic close control and poise to wriggle out of most tight situations. He'd be an upgrade on Sterling for sure! Never thought he'd come to us anyway though, a team like City is closer to how Monaco play. Hopefully we can make a statement or two in due time...

good post +1

Just hope we don't get tier II players this summer, much like we did last time we won the title (Papy, Rahman etc...). We need world class quality, here and now.

4 hours ago, abramovich said:

I can. I doubt anyone in the club is making that kind of money and giving it to Sanchez will mean agents of other star players(Hazard, Costa) will demand the same for their clients.

Hazard is already about to be given 300k/week in his new contract so why do you think it's crazy we give that to Sanchez? We don't really have a wage structure. We've always paid more for players whom we thought deserved it. It's not like we can't afford to pay it or are too stingy. How many times have you heard Chelsea miss out on a player because of his wage demands in the Roman era? Only one that comes to mind is Robinho and he didn't exactly demand more from us, he just got hijacked at the last minute.

might sound mad because a lot of people rate him, but i don't think he gets in our team ahead of pedro or even willian; to me silva is very similar to mata. pedro this season has something like 9 goals (very important ones at that) and a similar amount of assists, and he provides a lot more to the team than goals too. pep is obviously trying to build a side that is technically sound so they can play the possession based football he likes. pep won't change his style of play ever, so we won't see his team lumping it up the field. 

Edited by enigma

9 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Hazard is already about to be given 300k/week in his new contract so why do you think it's crazy we give that to Sanchez? We don't really have a wage structure. We've always paid more for players whom we thought deserved it. It's not like we can't afford to pay it or are too stingy. How many times have you heard Chelsea miss out on a player because of his wage demands in the Roman era? Only one that comes to mind is Robinho and he didn't exactly demand more from us, he just got hijacked at the last minute.

Who says we don't have a wage structure? And no, we don't have the tendency to overpay, in fact I can't remember the last time we spent an incredible amount of money on one player. Maybe Torres. United and City do that on a regular basis, we don't.

If anything, the club has been very cautious about their spending since the introduction of the FFP. Which puts us in a disadvantage because the likes of City seem to have a found a way to wipe their asses with it and keep spending money they can't possibly earn.

14 minutes ago, enigma said:

might sound mad because a lot of people rate him, but i don't think he gets in our team ahead of pedro or even willian; to me silva is very similar to mata. pedro this season has something like 9 goals (very important ones at that) and a similar amount of assists, and he provides a lot more to the team than goals too. pep is obviously trying to build a side that is technically sound so they can play the possession based football he likes. pep won't change his style of play ever, so we won't see his team lumping it up the field. 

13 in all comps, and surprisingly Willian has 12, given his limited playing time thats pretty impressive.

Not many players out there that we could buy and comfortably get ahead of those two. 

It was inevitable that the Manchester clubs were going to spend big, really big this summer and it's fair to say we can't compete with them financially. So I am really hoping that we get our business done really quickly this summer. Having said that, I don't see us competing with those two or the other European giants as I don't think we can. Hopefully we'll do some astute transfer work signing some under the radar players. Let them all spend 500 million on the Monaco team.

Going to be a hell of a lot tougher next season, for sure.

1 hour ago, Snedger said:

It was inevitable that the Manchester clubs were going to spend big, really big this summer and it's fair to say we can't compete with them financially. So I am really hoping that we get our business done really quickly this summer. Having said that, I don't see us competing with those two or the other European giants as I don't think we can. Hopefully we'll do some astute transfer work signing some under the radar players. Let them all spend 500 million on the Monaco team.

Going to be a hell of a lot tougher next season, for sure.

Seeing as we have over 330m in revenue coming in this year excluding player sales and Roman's own intent to hand Conte a huge transfer kitty (according to Matt Law among others), I don't see how this is a thing. We're even more advantaged than them if we happen to have common targets seeing as we're in much better shape as a team. There aren't many players who they can bully us out of.

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

Who says we don't have a wage structure? And no, we don't have the tendency to overpay, in fact I can't remember the last time we spent an incredible amount of money on one player. Maybe Torres. United and City do that on a regular basis, we don't.

If anything, the club has been very cautious about their spending since the introduction of the FFP. Which puts us in a disadvantage because the likes of City seem to have a found a way to wipe their asses with it and keep spending money they can't possibly earn.

I was going to go on about how we blew the roof open on wages in the Premier League but then you added the caveat of post-FFP so I'll give you that. We have been a bit more cautious since FFP. Still, we've paid up the wages when we saw the need to. We're hardly constrained like Spurs and Arsenal.

1 hour ago, enigma said:

people are too impatient. our board will have targets and be negotiating for sure, but we aren't going to spend over the odds for players who won't be an upgrade to our squad. 

In today's transfer market, almost any decent player would cost "over the odds".  If that is the way the Board wishes to operate and not pay what it takes to get business done, then there should be no expectation on landing any of the names mentioned in this sub-forum.  The spectate of summer 2015 still haunts me....

Were we seriously linked with him? If not, someone will sign him on big money anyway, not much we could have done about it. This is a typical Pep's signing, how the hell he's going to keep all these attacking players in the team? I'm happy as long as Pep keep overloading his team with flashy attacking midfielders, and not signing real defenders.

8 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Were we seriously linked with him? If not, someone will sign him on big money anyway, not much we could have done about it. This is a typical Pep's signing, how the hell he's going to keep all these attacking players in the team? I'm happy as long as Pep keep overloading his team with flashy attacking midfielders, and not signing real defenders.

The same guy who reported this first is reporting that they're close to singing Mendy. They got rid of a lot of their fullbacks so it's clear they're going to sign

Edited by MANoWAR