Barkley

Zeta
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I haven't seen any rumours, I'm just throwing this one out there.

We need 8 HG players as far as I am aware, and currently we only have (Cahill, Moses, Fabregas) as certainties, with people like (Musonda, Baker, Christensen) as possibilities, although I expect at least 1 of them to be sold as well.

So we are short on HG players.

We are also going to be short on CMs, with 3 out and 1 in, we'll have just (Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko) for the 2 CM spots, for PL, FA cup, league cup, chamoions league, which could be upwards of 50/60 games depending on how far we get.

Barkley is almost certainly leaving Everton, he's not got long left on his deal and isn't signing a new one. He has stagnated a bit the last few seasons, but he still has a lot of potential, and he would fit the HG rule.

He's expected to go to Spurs, but I thought I'd put his name out there as a possibility.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Geert The Flyer said:

Conte doesn't seem the type to just put a bunch of 20 year olds on the pitch. Having worked with a rather old Juve and Italy squad.

Pogba was 19-20. Conte played him

Barkley doesn't offer much defensively so he'd never get in the side ahead of Fabregas. He's not creative / quick enough going forward so you'd keep Pedro/Willian ahead of him. Can't see him wanting to warm the bench. 

I'd just keep Baker around for rotation and see how he does. 

37 minutes ago, terryble things said:

Barkley doesn't offer much defensively so he'd never get in the side ahead of Fabregas. He's not creative / quick enough going forward so you'd keep Pedro/Willian ahead of him. Can't see him wanting to warm the bench. 

I'd just keep Baker around for rotation and see how he does. 

Baker would be my preferred choice, but i've been seeing rumours of him leaving.

Our current squad has 22 players with 5 HG. So with upgrading 3 youth we have the 8 out of 25 (I'm assuming we have at least 3 decent 18-19 year olds still on our books)

we will probably ship zouma, Kenedy matic and costa and replace them by the deadline (2 wing backs, a winger and a striker).

Essentially, we don't need to spend money on a crap midfielder to meet the quota

On 7/14/2017 at 13:40, Zeta said:

I haven't seen any rumours, I'm just throwing this one out there.

We need 8 HG players as far as I am aware, and currently we only have (Cahill, Moses, Fabregas) as certainties, with people like (Musonda, Baker, Christensen) as possibilities, although I expect at least 1 of them to be sold as well.

So we are short on HG players.

We are also going to be short on CMs, with 3 out and 1 in, we'll have just (Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko) for the 2 CM spots, for PL, FA cup, league cup, chamoions league, which could be upwards of 50/60 games depending on how far we get.

Barkley is almost certainly leaving Everton, he's not got long left on his deal and isn't signing a new one. He has stagnated a bit the last few seasons, but he still has a lot of potential, and he would fit the HG rule.

He's expected to go to Spurs, but I thought I'd put his name out there as a possibility.

Thoughts?

No more dealings with Everton. 

Just for clarification - we don't actually NEED 8 homegrown players at all, in fact we can have none if we wanted.

its a max of non 17 non homegrown players and the remainder of the 25 man PL squad then should to be filled with homegrown players. If you can't meet that criteria then you just go with the best total you can under 25 as we have done previously.

in addition you can add an unlimited number of players under 21.

Dont really think we should be buying expensive English players for the sake of them being grown to be honest, though having said that I am surprised we've got 3 foreign goalkeepers as part of our 17.

Allegedly Tottenham are favourites to sign him... Not sure how Levy will get on negotiating with Everton who are almost as stubborn as he is. 

Personally I think we should avoid dealing with Everton, we've had no joy with them the last couple of times and came out of it looking the worse for it. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Allegedly Tottenham are favourites to sign him... Not sure how Levy will get on negotiating with Everton who are almost as stubborn as he is. 

Personally I think we should avoid dealing with Everton, we've had no joy with them the last couple of times and came out of it looking the worse for it. 

Chelsea will probably match Tottenham's bid but offer Barkley higher wages 

Yeah, I'd rather see us give the youth a chance. Barkley seemed to have massive potential only a few years ago but now he seems to have stagnated and I can't see him getting much better.

Hopefully we don't need to worry about signing English players because we have plenty.

9 minutes ago, AndyBlue82 said:

Apart from his hg status I don't really see where he fits in our squad.

Would rather have kept Chalobah

We will most likely play 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 next season, so he would get games in midfield