January Window 17/18

IliyaKrostin
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

7 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Werner would be a good one.  How much do you reckon he would cost?

sh*t loads, no chance Werner or Belotti would join without being number 1. There has to be a number 1, the one which plays the big games against the big teams, the one who starts in the champions league knock out stages and cup finals. Just cant seeing it working.

The only way I see us bringing in another expensive striker like werner, belotti, icardi PEA etc. is if conte plays a 352 with hazard in the number 10 behind 2 strikers. It would be a throwback to his juve playing days, when Zidane used to play behind del piero and inzaghi. 

I can't see him playing that offensive as you would essential be leaving 3 players up as hazard will not get back into midfield. 

5 minutes ago, Bulshizza said:

Why u guys are still insisting on a new LWB? What can Bertrand or that class one give us Alonso can't? Except a full-form Sandro.

If I had to make a desicion btw LWB and RWB. I'd clearly want a new RWB

How can Alonso play every game?

6 minutes ago, Bulshizza said:

Why u guys are still insisting on a new LWB? What can Bertrand or that class one give us Alonso can't? Except a full-form Sandro.

Well we have two RWB's and one LWB. Hence the need for a LWB..

3 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

How can Alonso play every game?

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Well, good point. But If we can't pick Sandro, why should we go for another high class lwb? 

Buying someone for backup is a thing, buying someone for replacing Alonso is an another thing. 

I accept the idea that buying smn for backup tho.

1 minute ago, Bulshizza said:

Well, good point. But If we can't pick Sandro, why should we go for another high class lwb? 

Buying someone for backup is a thing, buying someone for replacing Alonso is an another thing. 

I accept the idea that buying smn for backup tho.

We need backup, 2 semi final games in the league cup, fa cup, league, 2 legs in the champions league. Not sure who will play tomorrow.

On 1/3/2018 at 04:02, Fruity66 said:

Realistically the Players who will leave potentially are Bats (Sell/Loan), Luiz (Sell), Kenedy (Loan), Musonda (Loan)

if we have to sign and replace before we sell I reckon that we won't see Luiz leave until the Summer. There aren't too many Centre Backs of his (potential) talent floating around and if so they will cost a fortune. The only ones I can think of would be Benatia (Juventus) or maybe Manolas (Roma) ? . Also must remember Zouma has to come back and assume he will play some role next season. Clarke Salter and Ampadu aren't at the standard yet to cover the loss of Luiz anyway (not sure whats happening with Clarke -Salter to be honest).

Bats will go on loan I would assume but every chance he might be sold... Everton could use a striker and have enjoyed our Belgian players before? In terms of replacement ? maybe someone Conte has used before? Immobile is having a good season at Lazio and Conte like the Boakye character. Id love Mandzukic as another option but unlikely to happen even if behind Dybala and Higuaín. 

Kenedy and Musonda may just be loaned out for experience but would surprise me if Kenedy was sold as no long term deal signed like Musonda and doesn't really seem to have a position.. unless Conte fancies him for a left sided Moses. 

Sandro would be the obvious choice at LWB and seems to be more readily available than before but Gaya, Sessegnon, Telles, Jonas Hector & Philipp Max all seem strong candidates.

I could also see a slightly wacky move for a midfielder... maybe on loan to cover CM/DM as may be slightly light here ... especially someone who isn't Champions League registered. This will be crucial in who we sign if we plan to go further too. 

I agree that we should be in for Telles.  He wouldn't be that expensive, relatively speaking.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

We do also have Dave who can play Left back, and enough cover in centre back for that.

On 05/01/2018 at 22:57, Bulshizza said:

Why do you want 3 RWBs?

9 minutes ago, comtrend said:

We need to stop signing quantity and sign quality players instead. Liverpool have already signed VVD, Mahrez is close to signing and Keita will sign in the summer. No more players like Zappacosta, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley etc, or we risk our top 4 spot and Hazard + Courtois leaving.

Well said.

4 hours ago, comtrend said:

We need to stop signing quantity and sign quality players instead. Liverpool have already signed VVD, Mahrez is close to signing and Keita will sign in the summer. No more players like Zappacosta, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley etc, or we risk our top 4 spot and Hazard + Courtois leaving.

Amen to that 

15 hours ago, comtrend said:

I agree. But personally i'm quite happy with DDW and Zappa. Barkley could also be OK, especially for what we paid. Baka, sh*te, Bats, pretty neutral on that one.

Personally i feel midfield is packed, defence is packed. All we need is a solid LWB and another good striker. Lets hope!!

May be i am wrong but i think we are still not upgrading our squad , first we saw City making a real strong team and now Liverpool working to get Riyad Mahrez , Lemar also having inclination there , naby keita 

Hazard ,Courtois having rumors of moving to RM (atleast that what rumors are running around) and Morata is still not able to be at his best , i am now really confused what the club is thinking to do? i am also a blues fan and want chelsea to win but with this squad i dont have the confidence , Alonso did good but i think Alonso and Moses both are not that good, we need some signings specially a LWB and forward 

Edited by Alakshendra

16 hours ago, comtrend said:

Totally Agreed , Bakayoko is proving a real disappointment and Batshuayi (i dont understand why he is even in this team)