January Window 17/18

On 25-12-2017 at 21:08, Strider6003 said:

I didn't, so do tell is he as good as he looks in the clip?

Yep, he is! And he's getting better!

Already in 2015 (july, 13) I started a topic in 'Rumours'.

Another youngster from us is Yannick Carrasco. He will leave Atletico. Probably also for a good English team.

Edited by Krc-fan

If being English is one of the main criteria our board is looking at for bringing in players, I wouldn't mind Chelsea going in for Wilshere. I think he could flourish in the 3-5-2 system especially with Kante doing his leg work for him. This would allow us to rotate Fabregas without losing his creativity and the rotation would probably suit Wilshere with his injuries.

3 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

If being English is one of the main criteria our board is looking at for bringing in players, I wouldn't mind Chelsea going in for Wilshere. I think he could flourish in the 3-5-2 system especially with Kante doing his leg work for him. This would allow us to rotate Fabregas without losing his creativity and the rotation would probably suit Wilshere with his injuries.

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, OverAndOut said:

We're dumb if we don't at least try and sign Sanchez.

Few months left on his contract and he's eligible for every single competition bar the League Cup.

Sanchez, Mahrez, Vidal and Sandro would be a decent January for starters.

Shipping off OnoYoko would be well worth it too.

Yes that would be a great window, but realistically we may sign a squad player for 15 mill and that will be it. The club are very careful in the transfer market these days and know there is no value for money in January, also the club know Conte won't be here next season, so why buy players he wants? The league has gone and we got two hopes for the champs league and that's Bob hope or no hope, as for the league cup or fa cup the current squad is good enough to win those, so it's very much as we are till the end of season and then wait for Ancelloti to reassess the squad in the summer.

9 hours ago, Zeta said:

Juventus won't let Sandro go in the middle of the season. Plus, when do we ever see any major changes in Jan? You get the occasional big signing, but no more than 1 or 2 players coming and going.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we make no signings.

Absolutely right, there will be no big moves coming our way in January.

13 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Barkley rumours are back. If we want a young raw Englishman with potential his name is Ruben and he is free.

The guy didn't play since start of season, but we want him, I can't believe it.. If that happen, so that Loftus-Cheek plays at impressive level since start of season, the Board is literally silly

Hot topics this window has to be Sanchez and Mahrez. Seems Arsenal might be going in for Mahrez to replace Sanchez, we should outbid Arsenal for Mahrez and offer to pull out if Arsenal let us have Sanchez for say 25m. 

Id be happy with Sanchez and nobody else, but if we can get a decent left back as well that would be a great bonus. Perhaps Sandro....

28 minutes ago, Jackbuchanan said:

Hot topics this window has to be Sanchez and Mahrez. Seems Arsenal might be going in for Mahrez to replace Sanchez, we should outbid Arsenal for Mahrez and offer to pull out if Arsenal let us have Sanchez for say 25m. 

Id be happy with Sanchez and nobody else, but if we can get a decent left back as well that would be a great bonus. Perhaps Sandro....

The problem with that is that some other club could swoop in for Sanchez or Mahrez with big money and we'd end up with neither.

I think the bigger conern may be our ability to keep hold of Hazard. If RM come in with a decent bid i can see our mob going for it without any plan B of who to bring in as a replacement.

This January may give us a good indication of the board's true ambition.

Ryan Sessegnon is a fantastic talent. Can't believe he'll stay at Fulham next year or even this month. He's English so he'd be a great addition to our squad. Sign him January if it's going to only cost £30 million. Spurs sniffing around for him as well. Could take some of the workload off Marcus and the potential with this lad is insane. Could be another Ashley Cole. 

10 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

We would have a better chance at getting Mahrez ourselves than going in for Sanchez. Sanchez will go to the team that will offer him the most money, we won't offer him more than City.