Palmieri

Any news on this signing? Because we clearly need a LWB to give Alonso some rest (he was dreadful last night against the l'arses). I'd say this signing is more important than the Dzeko one, yesterday showed again that William, Hazard, Pedro works (until William had to be substituted).

Concerning that we're again signing someone returning from injury, how long before they're match fit?

Barkley, Bakayoko and Morata all signed this season and unable to play immediately due to injury. All well and good signing players but they're no use to you in the immediate if they're not fit enough to play. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Concerning that we're again signing someone returning from injury, how long before they're match fit?

Barkley, Bakayoko and Morata all signed this season and unable to play immediately due to injury. All well and good signing players but they're no use to you in the immediate if they're not fit enough to play. 

Morata played in both the Community Shield and the opener against Burnley, so it wasn’t an “unable to play immediately” situation there, but I get your point.  We also knew we wouldn’t have Hazard with his ankle injury, so you would think we would’ve signed players who could contribute immediately.  Maybe just a business decision by us, the board thinking “how can we get decent players for much cheaper?  Buy the ones who are injured.”

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Agree with this, but we need a LWB to give Alonso a rest. I am not sure who was the clever one to let Kenedy go on loan before last night's match, because given the physical state of Alonso it would have made sense to play him instead of Alonso.

This season is now about getting top 4 and have a decent run at the FA Cup, but next season if we want to compete in all 4 and have a chance to win something we need Palmieri (if not Alex Sandro).

On 1/24/2018 at 18:38, Ernie_blue said:

I'm sure 9 league starts really helped the situation, Luis himself said he wasn't use to fighting for his place in the team and wanted to play over 50 games a season. Tells me games was apart of it.

I think so too ...

Easy to have your head turned back to Atletico Madrid when you're feeling unappreciated at your new club. Especially when the manager indulges a poor performer at right back, and plays the decent right back in your position at left back ...

Luis leaving was the start of Costa being unsettled as well. They were very good friends and Costa would probably not have signed in the first place had Luis also not been signing at the same time.

And Costa leaving has had an adverse effect on David Luiz LOL. These Brazilians are a sensitive lot. Thank god Palmieri is Italian now :)

haha i did think to myself not to be confident until they're both holding up the shirts. why we leave these deals so late i will never know. trust us to sell kenedy and not sign a lwb. considering dimarzio, matt law and simon stone all have said we've agreed fees and palmieri was close, i don't really get this latest news. all a bit up in the air at the moment. let's hope it's good news though and we get them both, as if we finish this window without a reinforcement for lwb and striker it would be a bit foolish considering our predicament. 

58 minutes ago, Ledgerson said:

This is too much now...

WTF !!

Not only was Kennedy loaned out to Newcastle (Which Emerson suppose to take his place) but now also Baba Rahman is doing a medical for Schalke as we speak. He's heading to Germany !!

6 days left in the January Transfer Window. Anything can happen in these last few days.

Edited by ChelseaFanBoy

Don't speak Italian. The article hasn't been translated yet but saw the names of Kurzawa and.. Giroud and it was enough for me. Not looking good.

Guess the earlier report was true.

EDIT: 

English translation. Tomorrow apparently decisive day for both transfers. If not, then for Kurzawa and Giroud...

Edited by Ledgerson

12 minutes ago, Ledgerson said:

Don't speak Italian. The article hasn't been translated yet but saw the names of Kurzawa and.. Giroud and it was enough for me. Not looking good.

Guess the earlier report was true.
  •  

Google translate would indicate that negotiations are ongoing and tomorrow may be the big day with Chelsea looking elsewhere should things break down with the agents.

The meetings in London between the agents of Edin Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri and the intermediaries to find all the agreements involving Rome and Chelsea in a grueling negotiation continued today. We proceed in an attempt to close the operation, but today's day was still nothing decisive, while tomorrow may be the day from inside or outside. In fact, the Chelsea will not wait indefinitely that the Blues have also moved to Layvin Kurzawa of the PSG for the role of left-back, as well as having then borrowed Olivier Giroud all'Arsenal, who would have said no to this transfer formula. Chelsea, Rome, agents and intermediaries, however, still work to clear the distances on the demands of Edin Dzeko and on demand-offer between the two clubs. For a non-stop negotiation, which will see tomorrow the possible decisive da”

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Don’t get why we’re in for this guy, Leighton Baines should be our target obviously. 

No no emile heskey and Nigel winterburn are still free agents, home grown and not cup tied in europe. So they are for FREE marina come on you know it makes sense :)

30 minutes ago, goose said:

Google translate would indicate that negotiations are ongoing and tomorrow may be the big day with Chelsea looking elsewhere should things break down with the agents.

The meetings in London between the agents of Edin Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri and the intermediaries to find all the agreements involving Rome and Chelsea in a grueling negotiation continued today. We proceed in an attempt to close the operation, but today's day was still nothing decisive, while tomorrow may be the day from inside or outside. In fact, the Chelsea will not wait indefinitely that the Blues have also moved to Layvin Kurzawa of the PSG for the role of left-back, as well as having then borrowed Olivier Giroud all'Arsenal, who would have said no to this transfer formula. Chelsea, Rome, agents and intermediaries, however, still work to clear the distances on the demands of Edin Dzeko and on demand-offer between the two clubs. For a non-stop negotiation, which will see tomorrow the possible decisive da”

Heard it before. First was Tuesday, then today and now tomorrow. Face it they guess and hope.

54 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Heard it before. First was Tuesday, then today and now tomorrow. Face it they guess and hope.

Yip, safer not listening or reading the transfer crap that goes round and just wait for official announments.