We've got a new Kepa

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Cech insists he is ‘100 per cent ready’ to play for Chelsea if Lampard needs him via @Onefootball. Read it here: 

https://1.ftb.al/QXdlkfcI6ab

Bye bye Kepa's tiny shred of confidence. What a nightmare. Absolutely no other way but to sell him as soon as we can for the benefit of both parties. 

It would be great if we could offload him but who would buy him, given his recent performances, he isn’t an attractive proposition ? 

Also, he is on fantastic wages per week that no one else will match, will he just walk away from ?? 200k per week for 5 more years , that’s between £40 - 50 million - maybe not ?

3 hours ago, Paddy said:

It would be great if we could offload him but who would buy him, given his recent performances, he isn’t an attractive proposition ? 

Also, he is on fantastic wages per week that no one else will match, will he just walk away from ?? 200k per week for 5 more years , that’s between £40 - 50 million - maybe not ?

Will be tough. I think we just need to offload him, pay the difference in the salary, and put a buyout price. Maybe somewhere in the area of 45m BP. He is still young and his talents are apparent. I think his confidence is just so shattered he can't wear Chelsea uniform anymore.

6 minutes ago, evissy said:

Will be tough. I think we just need to offload him, pay the difference in the salary, and put a buyout price. Maybe somewhere in the area of 45m BP. He is still young and his talents are apparent. I think his confidence is just so shattered he can't wear Chelsea uniform anymore.

He's not going to be sold for more than 20m unless he excels on loan somewhere first. And even then I don't think he goes for much more than that. 

45m ain't happening. He was worth 15-20m when we bought him. 

27 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

He's not going to be sold for more than 20m unless he excels on loan somewhere first. And even then I don't think he goes for much more than that. 

45m ain't happening. He was worth 15-20m when we bought him. 

If he performs let's say in a good side for one season on loan and he is the side's better players for a young lad 45m is pretty much spot on IMO. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

If he performs let's say in a good side for one season on loan and he is the side's better players for a young lad 45m is pretty much spot on IMO. 

He would then be the first and third most expensive keeper of all time. 

I think you've overvalued how much teams spend on goalkeepers. No one is spending more than 20/25m and to get that fee he needs to be very impressive on loan 

He will also be 27 by then. Not exactly young. 

Edited by bisright1
34 minutes ago, evissy said:

It’s hard to know who you mean by ‘good’ side but which good side would take him ?

His performances for us are a matter of record for all to see and he’s just shown himself to be a not especially talented goalkeeper - if he were available now, knowing what I know, I wouldn’t want him near the place , not even for free .

As much as I want him gone, I don’t know who would have him and I can’t see he’s worth anything like 45million, but we live in hope ?

16 minutes ago, evissy said:

71m was overboard but his actual level and potential is not 20m. It is something in between. No one from Chelsea is really not the best people to market him but he is a quality player. He just has 0 confidence. The weight of the world is on his shoulders. 

No it’s not. You’re absolutely insane if you think Kepa is worth 45m. 

Kepa is easily one of the worst goalkeepers in the Premier League. Are you telling me that Dubravka, Schmeichel, Pope and Henderson all worth 45m? 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

71m was overboard but his actual level and potential is not 20m. It is something in between. No one from Chelsea is really not the best people to market him but he is a quality player. He just has 0 confidence. The weight of the world is on his shoulders. 

Real Madrid pulled out of signing him only 6 months earlier for 18m. He then signed a new contract with the ridiculous buyout in it. 

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Again, at 45m he would be the 3rd most expensive keeper of all time after himself and Alison. 

We aren't talking about an outfield player. There are 8 clubs in the world that will spend 40m+ on a keeper. None of those will be signing kepa. 

None of the spanish clubs who might loan Kepa will spend more than 20m on a goalkeeper. 

I genuinely think we will be lucky to get 20m and I suspect we will never sell him. 

Edited by bisright1
4 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Again, at 45m he would be the 3rd most expensive keeper of all time after himself and Alison. 

We aren't talking about an outfield player. There are 8 clubs in the world that will spend 40m+ on a keeper. None of those will be signing kepa. 

None of the spanish clubs who might loan Kepa will spend more than 20m on a goalkeeper. 

I genuinely think we will be lucky to get 20m and I suspect we will never sell him. 

I agree with your thinking and think 10m in the current market.

It is grim how things have changed yet the COV-ID is also impacting the market too. 

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Off the top of my head Sanchez to Manchester United in recent history was a worse transfer. 

Kepa wasn't too bad in his first season here and helped us win the Europa League. 

But Sanchez could at least be sold and on his day he is a goal threat.

Kepa is a goal threat for the opposition!

1 minute ago, Deino said:

Sanchez has 9 goals in 80 appearances in all competitions for both United and Inter. He has been a goal threat since leaving Arsenal and was released on a free transfer by United to Inter. 

He was earning £400k a week (£20m per year) at United plus a further £75k per game played (wiki says 32 appearances which equals £2.4m) plus an annual £1m per year loyalty bonus. 

21 minutes ago, Deino said:

As crap as Kepa has been he hasn't actually cost us anything in the grand scheme of things, we made top 4 in both his seasons despite his flaws.

6 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Sanchez has 9 goals in 80 appearances in all competitions for both United and Inter. He has been a goal threat since leaving Arsenal and was released on a free transfer by United to Inter. 

He was earning £400k a week (£20m per year) at United plus a further £75k per game played (wiki says 32 appearances which equals £2.4m) plus an annual £1m per year loyalty bonus. 

Yeah but he could still be sold because he has some usability and Conte likes him. Even still he was a free transfer but going by the time he's been there (3 years) and the wages he's collected plus the 9m payoff. That's about 60m + 2.4m + 3m + 9m = 74m loss give or take and if my maths regarding contracts are right.

Kepa is going to cost us more. 

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

As crap as Kepa has been he hasn't actually cost us anything in the grand scheme of things, we made top 4 in both his seasons despite his flaws.

We also got knocked out of several cups last year and conceded soft goals.

Could we have won more? Maybe, who knows. Football is a game of small margins