We've got a new Kepa

Zeta
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, reparto corse said:

The reason why Kepa is as bad as he is now is not entirely his fault. He was decent during Sarri's reign and most parts of Lampard's first season. He got attacked so harshly for questionable goals and lost confidence because of irrational people like you who call him the worst player ever. 

It is not his fault we overpaid hard for him and it's also understandable that playing behind the likes of Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma, Marcos Alonso, Emerson and rookie Reece James while conceeding a lot of goals will not help him. Kepa was often critisized too harshly and I totally understand that a human being will start to question himself when thousands of people bash you for every little mistake you make week in week out. 

I don't regularly follow Span but the fact that he is still their number one GK should be enough to understand his trouble is not just due to him being the "worst player ever". 

Unfortunately it is too late now and Kepa should be dropped to protect both Chelsea and him from further damage. Bookmark this post and re-read it in a few months when Mendy is the next "worst GK ever". 

You clearly don't follow Span otherwise you'd know that De Gea is their number 1 keeper. 

3 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Feel sorry for him it must feel horrible having every fan pundit ex players and ex coach’s saying your a comedy act when your actually a professional athlete. He isn’t up to it and lampard got it wrong thinking he could start today he is damaged beyond repair mentally he needs a good few months out the spotlight. 

Well I too feel for him, genuinely I do but I wonder what it must be like to get a 7 year contract worth £70 million ? I wonder if he ever thought  “am I good enough?” before he signed that almost 200k a week deal in 2018 ? 

It’s not his fault that some fool at CFC decided to buy him for £70 + million, but he’s too small, he isn’t a presence, he doesn’t command and I swear the whole of our defensive unit feel zero confidence in him when he plays - almost every shot on target is a goal when he’s between the jumpers.

Guess he’ll have to do a Bogarde and Ozil, see out his seven years and bank the dosh - probably best he go to after work classes and get qualified in something to do from 2025 - agent perhaps ?

2 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Are you watching his performances or reading the stats? What he does for Spain has no bearing on that. Continues to cost us points - but go ahead and ignore that. 
Subjective for sure, but he’s right up there with Bakayoko. If you can name a more damaging player to Chelsea in PL I’ll eat my words!

Bosingwa ? 

44 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

Didn’t he win the CL with us? And he scored some beauties from long range. Poor yes, but not Kepa poor. 

Actually, the comparison was with Bakayoka not Kepa and was very tongue in cheek, although my blood went stone cold when I realised that Ivanović wouldn’t be able to play in the CL final - (a) because Branislav seems a top fella, was great player for us, served us well and deserved a place (b) cause I knew his replacement would be Bosingwa 😱

your right, he did win the CL with us but our winning the CL had little or nothing to do with Bosingwa’s performance that evening and everything to do with Gary Neville’s, “ ....... it’s written in the stars !”  prophecy during the Barça semi final 🤣🤣

Oh, did you happen to notice mr B during the trophy presentation? you might have noticed him briefly, it was his best effort that evening !! 

4 hours ago, reparto corse said:

The reason why Kepa is as bad as he is now is not entirely his fault. He was decent during Sarri's reign and most parts of Lampard's first season. He got attacked so harshly for questionable goals and lost confidence because of irrational people like you who call him the worst player ever. 

It is not his fault we overpaid hard for him and it's also understandable that playing behind the likes of Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma, Marcos Alonso, Emerson and rookie Reece James while conceeding a lot of goals will not help him. Kepa was often critisized too harshly and I totally understand that a human being will start to question himself when thousands of people bash you for every little mistake you make week in week out. 

I don't regularly follow Span but the fact that he is still their number one GK should be enough to understand his trouble is not just due to him being the "worst player ever". 

Unfortunately it is too late now and Kepa should be dropped to protect both Chelsea and him from further damage. Bookmark this post and re-read it in a few months when Mendy is the next "worst GK ever". 

You must be Kepa or his best friend. He is one of the highest paid GK in the league, there should be some accountability and reliability from him. 

All 3 goals could have prevented if we had Neuer. 

1st goal, Ings wasn't even scared of him. If it was Neuer, he would have made himself big and block Ings' vision.

2nd goal, Neuer would have booted or caught the ball. He wouldn't p*ssy out of a challenge

3rd goal, the flight of the ball was slow, a desperate all out jump could have saved us.

At least 2 goals could have been prevented if Kepa had the balls to claim the ball outright

I'm not saying that we would have gotten Neuer or anything, I'm just comparing a real top class GK with Kepa.

Edited by Deino

5 hours ago, Sindre said:

https://streamja.com/VZAoR

Kepa was the clear favourite for the ball and actually got there first and you'll see in the clip above. Adams is still a yard or two away when Kepa gets there.

Only for Kepa to let the ball go through his legs. It's a massive mistake, again.

The more I see it the more pathetic Kepa looks.

Cech must be crying or laughing out loud when he looks at Kepa's performance.

5 hours ago, reparto corse said:

Thing is, the signs were there even then, he did the basics better under Sarri but he still let in soft goals by weak wrists and allowing long range shots we just all tried to convince ourselves it was a first season in England thing.

The most damming thing now is the obvious/comical errors are creeping in, his one saving grace last season was that for all the shots he tamely conceded he didn't make many if any Karius esque cock up's, this season he's doing it in his sleep. That suggests we've got our answer on whether the added competition would wake him up, it's not only failed to do that it's made him even worse.

Edited by Argo

This is Neuer's last season's performance. Not even his best season but I wanted to show that if Kepa was there they would have conceded 9 times out of 10.

This is the level required for us to achieve what we want to achieve.

I honestly can’t get past how bad he is. He was woeful last year, often rooted to the spot as the ball went in, diving with the wrong arm or using weak wrists to palm it in. 

This season he has lowered his own standards. The mistakes are ones you’d expect once or twice a career, not once a week. This has to end. 

There's a delay to his reaction to anything but a close range strike, it's like a sprinter running out the blocks half a second after the gun goes off, it's f**king incredible. He's otherwise a decent goalkeeper who doesn't look as embarassing as the likes of Karius but lets in far more goals due to this fatal flaw.

The frustration. You can't blame him entirely for all 3 goals yesterday. The first for me looked like a foul on Havertz, but after that it seemed too easy for Ings, he could have done more but not all his fault. The second, poor pass from Zouma, but a good goalkeeper would have dealt with it easily, he just lamely let it roll between his legs, pathetic. The third, was in the corner, but a good goalkeeper would have saved it, yes it was going through a crowd of players, but it wasn't hit hard and he reacted so slowly. He made a couple of good saves but the performance was only a 2 or 3/10 in my opinion. With Mendy in goal this game was 3-0 or 3-1, when is he coming back!!

9 hours ago, sonic90 said:

There's a delay to his reaction to anything but a close range strike, it's like a sprinter running out the blocks half a second after the gun goes off, it's f**king incredible. He's otherwise a decent goalkeeper who doesn't look as embarassing as the likes of Karius but lets in far more goals due to this fatal flaw.

The sh*tty thing is even if he reacts to a close range strike, he won't save it.

I dont blame Kepa at all for the first goal, that's really reaching. That's just good finishing from a top striker, that ball was going in the net the second Ings was through. If that's Werner then no Chelsea fan calls it bad goalkeeping.

Edited by Ernie_blue

5 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

I dont blame Kepa at all for the first goal, that's really reaching. That's just good finishing from a top striker, that ball was going in the net the second Ings was through. If that's Werner then no Chelsea fan calls it bad goalkeeping.

Not his fault but a better GK could have performed better. Kepa just panics the moment Ings was in front of him but is it his fault? No

Edited by Deino

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

Not his fault but a better GK could have performed better. Kepa just panics the moment Ings was in front of him but is it his fault? No

How does Kepa react better? He gets beaten whatever IMO. I'm just giving credit to striker like Werner with McCarthy.

Need to give Kepa abit of a boost, he only messed up 2 goals and made Hitchcock look world class.

Just now, Ernie_blue said:

How does Kepa react better? He gets beaten whatever IMO. I'm just giving credit to striker like Werner with McCarthy.

Need to give Kepa abit of a boost, he only messed up 2 goals and made Hitchcock look world class.

A better GK could have jockeyed Ings aggressively to delay and drop to the floor as soon as he saw Ings' right foot moving but Ings did superbly well to score. Credit is where credit is due though.

What boost does he need? He is the 2nd highest paid GK in the league but is the worst in performance. The fact that he is even selected to be in the matchday squad is a boost!

14 minutes ago, Deino said:

A better GK could have jockeyed Ings aggressively to delay and drop to the floor as soon as he saw Ings' right foot moving but Ings did superbly well to score. Credit is where credit is due though.

What boost does he need? He is the 2nd highest paid GK in the league but is the worst in performance. The fact that he is even selected to be in the matchday squad is a boost!

I'm joking, his s***