Man City V Chelsea (PL) Sun 10th Feb 16:00 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

He makes us weak by protecting our weak defenders with SUPER WEAK Jorginho. A coach with a brain will play kante to protect the defenders but sarri is too dogmatic

That wasn't the point being made and we were doing well at the start of the season with this same team, the only thing I have seen change is the players ability to execute a plan whether intentionally or unintentionally. 

4 minutes ago, Sing the Blues said:

We've been bleeding goals at the back and been impotent up front in attack. Today's defeat was humiliating  but if we can somehow pull out a cup win it would lessen the nightmares of the  horror show we've been subjected to. 

After a 6:0 loss you expect someone from our squad to actually have confidence in that final? Sarri himself doesn't have the confidence he sees Pep as some figure miles above him like he expects to lose every game against him.

I watched this from1.32 and was pleasantly surprised to see us camped in City’s half.

The pleasure did not last long as we gifted them a goal from the freekick due to mis-communication from Alonso and Hazard if the commentators are right.

Aguero’s second was subline though he should have scored a sitter earlier.

Tactics – you are facing a team who are the league champions and deciding to match them in style even though they have the better and fitter players. Two of our front three cannot close down quickly.

…………………Madness!

I don’t blame the players they did not stop running and challenging and trying to create something but it was too slow and City read the danger.

Barkely’s header was unfortunate though I was surprised he started over Kovacic, despite this he tried, won a meaty challenge and had a shot.

Not sure if Azpi’s challenge warranted a penalty or Sterling won the penalty and also didn’t think Alonso deserved the card.

On another day both Higuaín and Pedro with slightly better finishing might have got us two first half goals.

Hazard was not clinical either and generally Hazard and Higuain did not link up!

A couple of occasions it was a crime that Kante did not run through the City defense almost as though he was scared he would not know what to do once he broke through their lines.

We seriously lacked midfield attacking runners today while City have a number.

I also think our version of Sarri ball is just too predictable for the EPL.

I don’t necessarily think Sarri will be sacked today though I think he is just one league defeat from that possibility.

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I don’t necessarily think Sarri will be sacked today though I think he is just one league defeat from that possibility.

It's hard to tell how the club will react. Malmo offer some light relief but on current form United could well take us apart next weekend and after that it's Malmo and City again. I think he's got to win one of those games against the Manchester clubs or he's a goner. 

In my view, the trouble is I can't see us adjusting in response to who we are playing it's just groundhog day game after game after game

Last season under conte we had our worst back to back games in epl history.

This season we have had our worst back to back away games under Sarri.

Can't blame DD, Baka, Morata.........

Can't blame our forwards really, they dont have anything to do with us shipping 10 goals in two away games.

So that leaves us with a core of players who are simply not up to the task.

Defence, despite the opposition not having much of the ball most games, when they do get it our defence looks like one of the worst in the league.

Midfield, not sure the point of our midfield other than to win the ball and pass it in any direction, as long as we keep the ball, thats all that matters.

The only sure answer is to make wholesale changes to the defence and midfield, Kante is the only player good enough to wear the badge, Rudiger could be kept if we find a WC center back to pair with.

It's going to take money and faith, money to buy quality, faith in the youth.

8 minutes ago, Brutos said:

That wasn't the point being made and we were doing well at the start of the season with this same team, the only thing I have seen change is the players ability to execute a plan whether intentionally or unintentionally. 

Give it a rest. Your constant posts defending Sarri go against everything we are seeing on the pitch

5 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

And fast forward to our next league game in 2 1/2 weeks, home again to Spurs. Only 3 days after playing City again, when if the unthinkable happens, no doubt it will be because the players are tired after 7 games in 21 days?.

Just now, Slojo said:

Did you really predict 6-0 though? 

We've never lost by that scoreline for a very long time. 

no i didnt, neither did you :laugh2: cricket scores go like 0/10, which is more or less what we got.:slap_face:

8 minutes ago, coco said:

It's going to take money and faith, money to buy quality, faith in the youth.

Faith in the youth, patience and money. But not Sarri. He's not the right man for the job and this game proved it.

Edited by Gol15

Sorry but this what everyone wanted. I distinctly remember most fukers on here wanting to see possession and attacking football and would be quite happy to lose trying. You got what you wanted so fck off.

Sarri is not a winner, he played good football with Napoli but they didnt win anything. Conte on the otherhand was a serial winner..4 leagues..3 Italien and then PL on the trot. At the same time

Conte was not stupid..he knew he couldnt play attacking football with these sh!t players..so he adapted and pulled a miracle winning the league and fa cup. If he was backed in the tfr market im sure he would have made the style slightly more expansive. 

Any manager who has ever won anything is able to adapt..has different strategies for different games..changes tactics. Sarri hasnt changed once..in fact ive never seen a coach this stubborn. Hence, why hel never win anything. 

Sarri has repeatedly criticised the players in public in the last month. The only other coach whose done that is Morinho..but as a player youd rather take that criticism from one of the most successful managerd ever. Not a former banker smoker whose never won anything. 

Sarri has had the worst start then all managers in last 16 years..including scolari and AVB. 

He is playing the greatest defensive midfielder weve ever seen out of position. Its because of Kante Leicester, Chelsea and France won the fcking league and world cup. What do you do? Start playing him right wing ahahahaha.

But its ok everyone wanted lovely attacking football. 

He is out of his depth on so many levels..tactics, ability to change a game, player selection, motivating, handling press..endless list. 

Chelsea have never looked this spineless..he has singlehandedly taken away the identity of Chelsea FC. 

Give him time? For what ..hes never won anything. Klopp and Guardiola at least won so they were working towards something and always demonstrated competencies in key skills that Sarri has failed miserably in already.

Just now, coco said:

no i didnt, neither did you :laugh2: cricket scores go like 0/10, which is more or less what we got.:slap_face:

Weird thing to pick an argument about Coco if I'm being honest. 

After being 2-0 down that easily and frustrated I said to myself this will be a big scoreline, of course that's not a given, it turned out to be right. Now I'm gutted, I hate the fact that we've got absolutely smashed like this and showed little fight or prowess to even trouble City. 

I'm upset, that's all I can say. 

37 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Looking at the first goal alonso looks like he couldn't give a sh*t

I know what you mean but I think we've gone beyond that. An average left back or any single player doesn't explain 4-0, 6-0 and games we've won but look like we're going to concede every time we lose the ball.

Said before xmas we look like the Arsenal of 5-10 years ago. 

We're not far off but need to change a few things, hopefully Sarri gets it right. His faith in 1 or 2 players is commendable but worrying when we have to dig in.

Bring on Malmo & Utd.

1 minute ago, Oli said:

Didnt take a genius to work it out. Think we all knew we were getting a hiding.

Really? When was the last time we lost by that scoreline? How often do we lose like that? 

By the way, I'm not having a go at Sarri, it's mostly the players I'm angry with. 

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Weird thing to pick an argument about Coco if I'm being honest. 

After being 2-0 down that easily and frustrated I said to myself this will be a big scoreline, of course that's not a given, it turned out to be right. Now I'm gutted, I hate the fact that we've got absolutely smashed like this and showed little fight or prowess to even trouble City. 

I'm upset, that's all I can say. 

two lauging emojis and you think im arguing. come on dont be depressed and miss the emojis.