mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

45 minutes ago, Argo said:

Ungrateful for what? That we were chanting his name when he was fighting relegation or took his word over the players despite all forms of logic saying we shouldn't? The support Mourinho was given was unprecedented under the circumstances, no other manager at no other club (especially in England) would have got the same level of support through such a castastrophic nosedive.

I'm sorry but the idea that Mourinho lacked support by the fans is the most laughable thing I've ever seen, he's even been let of lightly with his comments about us since given how other's (Courtois) have been turned into a public hate figure for similar actions.

How long do you think we endured this? Half a season after he won the league? And comparing him to c**tois is night and day, mourinho built our legacy he paved the road to us being elite and he was Chelsea through and through, you don’t thibk it’s a shame that broke down? 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Argo said:

He said similar bullsh*t when he returned last time, only to give up on the evolving/long term thing the second things got tough and went all out for a quick title. No matter how much he tries he will always revert to safety first at the first sign of trouble.

This is his comments after his first loss back here (away vs Everton) in 2013.

"We have to build a team full of talented players without the experience and the football philosophy born of having worked together for a long time, going in one direction looking for an identity. The process has to end with a team, a philosophy, an identity, a style of play. If we win a match but not in the style we're trying to build, it's three points, one step up the table but one step back in the direction of our work. What we want to do is both things at the same time. If we'd gone to Everton [on Saturday], had a very bad match and, in the last minute, Leighton Baines had scored an own goal and we'd won 1-0, would we be happy? In normal circumstances, yes, but when you're trying to build something different? No."

Three months later KDB is as good as gone and (after our cup exit to Sunderland) he makes comments saying the exact opposite and how the project is off. He may come back with the intention of changing his ways and building something but by Christmas that would all be shelved. 

I fell for it once, I won't be doing so this time.

Us bringing him back to build up the new generation of KDB etc was naive but you can understand the romance towards our greatest manager coming back and settling down. It was his first shot at doing such so we so under the circumstances you can understand why we made the gamble.

United appointing him to build something sustainable after his lack of ability to do such was brutally exposed for the whole world to see was stupid and they got what they deserved by such a decision.

Us doing the exact same thing again after it's been evidently demonstrated twice (that this aspect of management just isn't for him) and climaxed in us fighting relegation when we tried it would be borderline sabotage and make me genuinely question the sanity of whoever made the decision.

Any club or country who appoints Mourinho now has to do it with the brief of it's short term and we must win now, that's his MO, patiently building clubs up just isn't in him. Even if he had the ability to do it do you really think his ego will allow him to patiently build up our next generation while Pep and Klopp are hoovering up the trophies? Not a chance in hell, he would lose his mind more than ever before.

Jose is a big part of our history and no one can ever take that away from him, but he should have absolutely no part of our present or future.

I agree he wants fast success but that’s the model at Chelsea, we as a club don’t create an environment to build anything, we demand instant success then don’t back managers after they win the league it’s bizarre.

One thing I’ll give you and you mentioned kdb is he made an arse of all the good talent we had and basically sold it off.

He knew what players to pick though, the way he came back in and got cesc and costa who immediately synced and win us the league was brilliant.

The safety first thing is true I think because he is a non footballing manager as in he didn’t play and has now built a legacy as a serial winner, he is scared to lose and lose that reputation, to build long term you have to be willing to lose in the short term, so in that way you’re right he isn’t the man to build long term. 

Edited by WalterWhiteCFC

1 minute ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

How long do you think we endured this? Half a season after he won the league? And comparing him to c**tois is night and day, mourinho built our legacy he paved the road to us being elite and he was Chelsea through and through, you don’t thibk it’s a shame that broke down? 

Point is we didn't turn against him until he started turning against us, and even then it was pretty mild compared to what any other person would have got doing similar.

It absolutely is a shame but ultimately it's his actions that caused it not ours. Given it didn't do any lasting damage 15/16 would have been an amusing side note in an otherwise great relationship if he kept his mouth shut, every single person from Chelsea who have gone to a rival in recent years has returned to The Bridge with standing ovations apart from him, there's a reason for that.

1 minute ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I agree he wants fast success but that’s the model at Chelsea, we as a club don’t create an environment to build anything, we demand instant success then don’t back managers after they win the league it’s bizarre.

One thing I’ll give you and you mentioned kdb is he made an arse of all the good talent we had and basically sold it off.

He knew what players to pick though, they way he came back in and got cesc and costa who immediately synced and win us the league was brilliant.

The safety first thing is true I think because he is a non footballing manager as in he didn’t polish and has now built a legacy as a serial winner, he is scared to lose and lose that reputation, to build long term you have to be willing to lose in the short term, so in that way you’re right he isn’t the man to build long term. 

I agree with the first line to a point but currently we don't have the resources for instant success, we have a transfer ban and even without one we're atleast two perfect windows away from catching City and Liverpool, also with our financial handicap compared to City promotion from within is our biggest weapon re making up the difference.

I don't think even his prime version would be suited to us right now if I'm honest let alone his 19 self.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

I agree with the first line to a point but currently we don't have the resources for instant success, we have a transfer ban and even without one we're atleast two perfect windows away from catching City and Liverpool, also with our financial handicap compared to City promotion from within is our biggest weapon re making up the difference.

I don't think even his prime version would be suited to us right now if I'm honest let alone his 19 self.

You think maybe the ban is a good thing in the long run? As it forces us to change that destructive approach of hiring and firing? 

We might not have a great season but what it may do is change the club culture moving forward.

I just hope when we are out of it our owner still has ambitions to be elite. 

5 hours ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

I dont get how people say we stuck with him to the end he won the trophy then got sacked half way through the next season, so half a season before for all those years of service? 

His act at Man U and his subsequence behaviour wasn’t very endearing but maybe he felt we were ungreatful, he is an arse at yikes but it’s part of his personality and in a way part of his success.

I find it hard to hate a guy that gave me so many good memories, and after winning 3 leagues the club didn’t back him, as they didn’t back conte after winning and as sarri said they don’t talk to him so he was posed off at the club and he had player revolt which got rid of him then conte, so add that to his pre existing demeanour and it’s bit hard to conceive why he was the way he was 

Did you see where we were when he was sacked? We were genuinely close to relegation. Yet still the fans chanted his name every game. 

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Did you see where we were when he was sacked? We were genuinely close to relegation. Yet still the fans chanted his name every game. 

We were never going to get relighted but yea it was a sh*t show.

Truth is he has lost his edge and football moved on and he failed to adapt, it just always bothers me and from his side as well that it broke down like that. 

Club demand CL qualification from the next manager, regardless of wether the ban is frozen.

[Mirror]

That will be tough if given the ban and the number of injuries. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

We were never going to get relighted but yea it was a sh*t show.

Truth is he has lost his edge and football moved on and he failed to adapt, it just always bothers me and from his side as well that it broke down like that. 

Seriously think he was close to breakdown at the latter stages with us.

His old man was ill I believe which may have contributed.

Edit: his career had been all cherries up to that point. When the wheels fell off he couldn’t handle it.

Edited by Ewell CFC

56 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Club demand CL qualification from the next manager, regardless of wether the ban is frozen.

[Mirror]

That will be tough if given the ban and the number of injuries. 

Where the hell would they get that I formation? 

2 minutes ago, squabble said:

Why ? It's happened before, and heading into a season of massive uncertainty he would be the kind of manager you could rely on to not let things go tits up. And don't tell me the fans wouldn't welcome him, he's proven he has thick skin, and the club do not give two hoots about the fans when it comes to managerial appointments. I'm not saying it's an appointment i would agree with, but i could see Roman going to him.

No Jose number 3 for god sake, the club needs to have her identity, not Jose's team as soon as he's available to work again. We all know the pattern, and I doubt we we will the league during his second season this time around.

After the whole Sarri situation to then go for another divisive manager would seem a shade on the odd side (not unheard of at Chelsea), he also doesn't exactly play the expansive football that we keep hearing so much about... Probably win the Champions League though :D

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Image result for drink bleach gif

He can stay the f**k away. Was bad enough the first time the charlatan. 

You should get loads and loads of likes for that :laugh2:

Pretty obvious none of us would want him, how about answering his question ? BS or not ?

1 minute ago, coco said:

You should get loads and loads of likes for that :laugh2:

Pretty obvious none of us would want him, how about answering his question ? BS or not ?

I call bullsh*t. 

The board aren't deaf to the fans.

Word was it was Michael Emenalo who pushed for Tubby to be RDM's replacement and with him gone I can't see why, unlike the FSW, we'd be going back for seconds. 

There's so many better coaches around that I refuse to believe the club would be scraping the bottom of the barrel for that waste of space. 

1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I call bullsh*t. 

The board aren't deaf to the fans.

Word was it was Michael Emenalo who pushed for Tubby to be RDM's replacement and with him gone I can't see why, unlike the FSW, we'd be going back for seconds. 

There's so many better coaches around that I refuse to believe the club would be scraping the bottom of the barrel for that waste of space. 

The board aren't deaf to the fans, but Roman is.

Roman scraped that barrel before, he may go interim again, i would not put it past Roman, that's for sure.

Hazard's gone.

Transfer ban in place.

CHO, James and RLC injured.

And now its possibly Rafa or Jose Mk.III as Sarri's replacement.

Time to become a Hazard fan instead of a Chelsea fan. #HalaMadrid. #FollowTheBooty 

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Hazard's gone.

Transfer ban in place.

CHO, James and RLC injured.

And now its possibly Rafa or Jose Mk.III as Sarri's replacement.

Time to become a Hazard fan instead of a Chelsea fan. #HalaMadrid. #FollowTheBooty 

some people will actually do that last line, and i'll be glad to see the back of them.

pre season training starts in just over three weeks and we are still non the wiser on a new manager, only frank will bring a feel good factor here, the other names being banded about are not the answer in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, coco said:

some people will actually do that last line, and i'll be glad to see the back of them.

Seen loads of them on Twitter, changing their display pictures to Hazard in a Madrid shirt. Weird behaviour.