mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

I have some nagging doubts this might turn out badly but I can’t deny that I’m really looking forward to the start of the season now.

With the transfer ban and Hazard‘s departure it would be understandable if the fanbase were dreading next season, but Lampard‘s appointment will lift the mood considerably. At least for the time being. We’ll see how long that lasts if he doesn’t always pick people‘s personal favourite players and/or has a run of bad results.

2 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

First pre-season game on Wednesday. I can't fupping wait! ::ChELSeAFaN::

I hope Reading is prepared for Franks first game in charge in this country in three weeks at the Madjeski because we will be invading in our 1,000's to welcome him back 

Posted (edited)

Back on the old managers for a footnote. There was terrible angst when Conte forced Costa out. It is worth noting that in the end we got a great price selling him and he’s been a flop at Athletico. Conte was right about Costa in my view. Both Conte and Sarri are great magnagers. I admire both of their systems but I probably personally liked the back 3. I thought it was very well implemented at least in the first season. If Frank can stamp an identity on Chelsea as well as those two guys each did I will be well impressed. 

Edited by ozboy