mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

9 minutes ago, coco said:

Lampard certainly isnt my first choice, but just seeing him Drogba is making me optimistic. 

I think i would be more supportive of the idea of Lampard, if Holland was coming back in to be assistant with Morris. I think Lampard and Morris need some experience, because they will be going head to head with some of the best coaches in world football.  Holland knows the club inside out, he knows the youth, and he also knows what it takes to coach winning premier leagues sides, so i think he would be invaluable. 

Whether he would be interested or not is anyones guess, but i think he might be tempted back with Lampard as i can see their philosophies and vision, being more in tandem than they ever were with conte and Jose.

Yeah I think it would be good to bring Holland back and an experienced man. However he may not want to give up his england job. 

It does seem that the club are trying to make this Lampard thing work and put a proper strategy in place. Clearly with the ban and aging squad, we do need to be clever and smart. Certainly having cech on board will hopefully help. 

7 minutes ago, Sparkz said:

But there's no way our fans turn on Lampard IMO don't forget, Mourinho had us almost in a relegation battle and the fans still chanted his name

Difference is Mourinho is/was one of the most successful managers of all time, unlike Lampard who is just starting out as a manager.

Not that I wouldn't back him to the hilt personally.

26 minutes ago, Dixons said:

Pat Nevin wants Emma Hayes.  I can't see a woman managing a Premiership club any time soon.

wont ever happen IMO.

The difference in level, ability alone is gargantuan

Playing devils advocate, what experience are we expecting Lampard to have and were does he achieve it? 

I'd argue that although they carry the same job title, managing a Championship Club, A lower Premier League side and a top 6 Premier League side are different jobs and require differing skill set and being good at one doesn't necessarily mean you will be good at another. Hence why Warnock is seen as a good choice in the Championship, Allardyce in the lower reaches of the PL  and why Jose couldn't handle the pressure when the rails came off in 2016. We could just be surprised with Frank, I would think that some at the club will have seen something in him to suggest he may be able to do a decent job for us.

I think its fair play to Lamps that he has been prepared to put his head above the parapet instead of taking the easier route into media punditry, fingers crossed he succeeds be it with us or elsewhere. One thing that is certain no matter where he manages,the sack is just around the corner and he will be only as good as his last match. 

I really dont think the fans would turn on Lampard given poor results - but they will turn on someone. The players? The board? Each other? Roman? 

I think this is a real problem for the decision makers in the club, and is why they might be hesitant to make the romantic choice.

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Lampard certainly isnt my first choice, but just seeing him Drogba is making me optimistic. 

I think i would be more supportive of the idea of Lampard, if Holland was coming back in to be assistant with Morris. I think Lampard and Morris need some experience, because they will be going head to head with some of the best coaches in world football.  Holland knows the club inside out, he knows the youth, and he also knows what it takes to coach winning premier leagues sides, so i think he would be invaluable. 

Whether he would be interested or not is anyones guess, but i think he might be tempted back with Lampard as i can see their philosophies and vision, being more in tandem than they ever were with conte and Jose.

Good shout.  In Major League Baseball, managers have what is called a "bench coach", essentially an assistant manager.  The inexperienced managers hire a highly experienced bench coach, often someone who has experience being a major league manager at some point.  The theory is that this experienced bench coach offers the inexperienced manager some guidance, someone to bounce ideas off of.  The manager still makes all the decisions, but there is always some guidance there when needed.  Holland might be the perfect guy for Frank.  The question is, could Holland be an assistant to someone he previously coached, would he want to go back to Chelsea, and would England let him go?

14 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

No way Holland joins as assistant.

The euros are next summer. He will not leave England before that tournament. 

Could he not do both? Im sure he juggled them for a season before he left for england full time.

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Any takers for Mourinho as manager with Lampard as #2 ? Frank learning the ropes from Jose for 2/3 seasons and then taking over ?

This isn't fan fiction. This is real life. 

2 hours ago, big blue said:

Could he not do both? Im sure he juggled them for a season before he left for england full time.

Yes and then tottenham kicked up a fuss and he had to quit Chelsea 

Bringing in Lampard right now is not what I was hoping for. This is clearly to do with him playing for Chelsea, bit like Ole at United although Frank has no history of failing in the PL so there's at least a chance it works. 

It’s safe to say that whoever gets the job, it will be a tough job for them with the ban and poor/limited options. 

13 hours ago, coco said:

The demographics has changed for all clubs. Way more females attend games than back in the day, more kids, more minorities, and noticeably more global fans (some call them tourist fans). 

Eeeww, females :biggrin:

I remember stories from my now very old mother about her standing on terrace of the Amsterdam Olympic stadium watching Blauw Wit Amsterdam. Even then....

49 minutes ago, Jonty said:

Can't believe my eyes, the FSW second favourite for the gig according to the bookies?

Surely he wants to stay at Newcastle for the Arab money!

1 hour ago, Jonty said:

Can't believe my eyes, the FSW second favourite for the gig according to the bookies?

I did not see that coming [shudder].

I hate Benitez and would prefer just about anybody else but he’s a decent enough coach.

I have mixed feelings about Lampard. We’re in a difficult situation with the squad and impending transfer ban, and the manager’s job is a poisoned chalice at the best of times. 

Appointing Mourinho for a third time would be f**king insane, so we can’t rule that out.

Has Sarri officially left the club then now? I’ve not been reading the news and 99% of it’s bolIocks anyway. Out of all the possible options, keeping Sarri would be my preference.

11 hours ago, bisright1 said:

This isn't fan fiction. This is real life. 

Yes and then tottenham kicked up a fuss and he had to quit Chelsea 

What's was the story behind this? Never heard of this 

Juventus-Sarri announcement expected by Thursday (tomorrow). [SportItalia] #CFC

#Chelsea must first agree with Frank Lampard to free Maurizio Sarri - Juventus will pay compensation to free him from the Blues. [Di Marzio] #CFC

On 11/06/2019 at 13:09, squabble said:

And St Harry is free mate, well when he's not making bloody Roly Poly adverts. If these are the answers I'm dreading somebody asking the question.

David Moyes or Fat Sam ??:slap_face:

51 minutes ago, robdog said:

not sure if many of you peeps go on the Chelsea reddit forum, but someone put up this post up

hmj3ubst2o331.png

I would gladly take that return :Troll_Face:

it would kill me off.