mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

31 minutes ago, coco said:

They'll close the market next.

yeh that is definitely about to be "betting suspended"

i think lampard might be manager by monday tbh. Dont think Derby will put up a huge fight, their owner said himself he wouldnt stand in Lamps' way if we came calling

1 hour ago, RickUK said:

It's Lampard. As far as i am concerned soon as Sarri is announced, Lampard will be done in days

Crisis club Chelsea turn to ex-City player who's won nothing.

3 hours ago, RickUK said:

It's Lampard. As far as i am concerned soon as Sarri is announced, Lampard will be done in days

Notice that there has been no public "hands off" comments from Derby, and no public "I'm happy at Derby" or "I have a contract at Derby" comments from Lampard.

I think that silence speaks volumes. 

41 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

Notice that there has been no public "hands off" comments from Derby, and no public "I'm happy at Derby" or "I have a contract at Derby" comments from Lampard.

I think that silence speaks volumes. 

To be fair to Frank he did say he was 100% focused on Derby before the final when the rumors started flying. Derby fans cant be too sour if he takes the job, too good to turn down. 

Sarri out, Frank in. Well, if something it is never boring in Chelsea. In the end sports is a form of entertainment. 

For the first time in the Roman era I feel we are not very close of being top of the pile in the Prem. 3rd is maximum and 6th is very close to being reality. 

Anyway if it is Frank and Petr comes back we can't really moan. Two legends in major roles. 

9 hours ago, RickUK said:

What a downgrade

I won't mind Lampard taking a stab at managing Chelsea but it's a 50-50 situation really. It can work out well and it can be equally disastrous. We can sit here and speculate as much as we want but the only way to find out would be to actually hire him. Although, for Lamps, it would really suck if it doesn't work out and he gets sacked mid-season. All the good cred he built up at Derby might take a serious beating if that were to happen.

The head says Allegri, Mourinho or Benitez, who are the best managers available to us without paying out any more compensation.

The heart says Lampard, who would be a hell of a risk, but how sweet if it came off. If it goes tits up, I suppose JT might be ready by then ... ?

Hopefully with the club being abit concerned that it’s a little early for Lampard, they will put some proper support and strategy in place. Having Cech come back as well should help. 

Im nervous for Frank - I just hope he doesn’t do an Ole. 

Posted (edited)

I am not confident about this. I have read opinions from Derby fans and many of them think he's not ready for Chelsea. There's a mutual agreement among them that he was tactically naive last season.

I fear it will end badly again and it will be realised why it's the club's fault for not sufficiently backing previous coaches that's put us in this position. With our rivals able to spend freely this summer, I worry we will be left way behind.

I obviously hope I am proved wrong. 

Edited by enigma

7 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Some people still want Mourinho, just let that sink in...

I'm actually quite interested to see how Mourinho does in his next job. Clear for years that he needed a break from the game ... and now he's had one ... (and seems much more like his old self based on how he comes across in the beIN sports TV studio). My personal theory is that his performance as a manager was very affected by his father's illness and subsequent death.

11 minutes ago, ducavis said:

ouch! thanks for all you did for us Jose, but your yesterdays man, saying that I wouldn't put it past a third coming one day.

11 minutes ago, ducavis said:

I would love someone who thinks reappointing Mourinho would be a good idea to truly explain their reasoning as to why he would suddenly change.

Not even prime Jose suits the direction we are trying to head in, let alone this version of who's totally lost his edge.

1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'm actually quite interested to see how Mourinho does in his next job. Clear for years that he needed a break from the game ... and now he's had one ... (and seems much more like his old self based on how he comes across in the beIN sports TV studio). My personal theory is that his performance as a manager was very affected by his father's illness and subsequent death.

He was relaxed initially returning to us and going United. He'll never change. Soon as the pressure starts he'll blow up.

We are a few years away from winning another title, no way would Jose's ego allow him to patiently build up our new generation while Pep and Klopp are running away from sight, he won't be able to handle it.

20 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Hopefully with the club being abit concerned that it’s a little early for Lampard, they will put some proper support and strategy in place. Having Cech come back as well should help. 

Im nervous for Frank - I just hope he doesn’t do an Ole. 

I hope the senior players help him, and don't become all Billy Big time, Luiz and Willian are two that spring to mind, they need to step up or ship out. Will be tough for top four but to be honest thats not the be all and end all, I just want a new fresh exciting approach, the thought of Sarri  wasn't filling me with great enthusiasm for the coming season. But fair play to him he got us top four and that great night in Baku, so respect there.

Whether Frank will be any good who knows, but to me it just seems it will be exciting going to games come the start of the season with Frank there, the atmosphere should be better.

Well I make it we have had 30 or 31 managers including temporary managers  since I started following us in the summer of 1974 !

Up until then from our foundation in 1905 we had a grand total of 6 !

I hope it is Lampard.

Hopefully the club will take into account the transfer ban and a season of integrating some youth players and adjust their expectations accordingly.

If the club looks at it this way, accepts this season as a free hit then I think somewhere within the top 6 is definitely possible and wouldn't be bad all things considered.