mad_mac

Chelsea's next manager - evergreen post

Won't hear me complaining if it's Super Frank. However, I think it's at least a year too early. Personally I think Lampard needs to adapt to the challenges of a second season at Derby.

I'd be happier with van Gaal.

It's got to be Frank! I'm a Sarri fan and think that he did a really good job, but the thought of Lampard and Morris has got me very excited!! We haven't had an English manager since Hoddle and Lampard is a Chelsea legend - arguably our greatest ever player. 

Frank and Jody IN and a lot of patience from the board needed. Really looking forward to seeing our talented youth getting a chance next year!

Posted (edited)

Well at least we won't have to think of any new songs!

Honestly can't wait, not at all convinced it's the right appointment or that we'll be anything close to good next season, but it'll restore some much-needed good feeling and connection with the fans at the Bridge.

I personally look forward to us returning to our 90's vogue - we'll play sexy football, sign a 34-year-old Lewandowski and whoever is the current equivalent of Emmanuel Petit in 2001, get knocked out of the Europa League in the first round by some Scandinavian team no one has ever heard of, and most importantly of all, dick Tottenham twice a year.

Edited by PloKoon13

I think there's no doubt it's way too soon for Lampard, but after the division last season I think this is just what we need to reignite and unite the club and fans.

I've never been this excited about a potential manager coming in, I just really, really hope it goes well

Posted (edited)

I think many of us are of the same opinion. We all love the idea of Lamps & Jody but felt now was too soon and yet circumstances mean that now looks likely to be the time so we may as well go with it.

I'm sure he would rather have taken over with a stronger looking squad and the ability to sign players he wants but let's hope our Board and the powers that be appreciate the situation he is coming into and GIVE HIM TIME.

We will all have to accept that given the circumstances, expectations will have to be realistic and there no doubt will be hiccups along the way. but it could be exciting times and I would rather Lamps & Jody than any of the other names that have been banded about. Could well spell the end of Zola's role - unless he moves sideways, but hopefully the club will back Frank with whatever choices he decides.  

Edited by Nibs

Similar to many I'm worried about whether he has the experience. Derby didn't exactly light up the Championship this season and he had close to the best squad in my view.

But we'll certainly get behind him and give it a red hot go. He'll of course bring the fans back behind the club and I think his closer relationship with Abramovich and the addition of Pete might circumvent some of our recent challenges. 

He'll also be a huge asset when recruiting midfielders in the future. Who wouldn't want to come to play for and learn from Frank? Hope to see James, DaSilva, Ampadu, Mount all get a shot next season. 

11 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Could well spell the end of Zola's role - unless he moves sideways.

Feel bad for Zola this season. Had to endure the boos with Sarri and I didn't feel like he had massive influence or control over tactics.

I do remember Barkley for example talking about the work he was doing with him one-on-one and crediting him for his improvement so perhaps he is worth keeping around for some continuity. Frank won't be bringing a giant backroom staff with him I don't think.

Lampard Morris with JT coaching would be ideal for me.  Cech as DoF.

I dont expect a massive amount of youth to come in because the "main" squad is still good.  I think we will be looking at 3, 4 most..

Mount, James and Abraham.  Tomori doubtful

Just now, Spiller86 said:

Feel bad for Zola this season. Had to endure the boos with Sarri and I didn't feel like he had massive influence or control over tactics.

I do remember Barkley for example talking about the work he was doing with him one-on-one and crediting him for his improvement so perhaps he is worth keeping around for some continuity. Frank won't be bringing a giant backroom staff with him I don't think.

i sometimes got the impression Zola wasnt a huge admirer of Sarri, or at least some of his antics

9 hours ago, Boston Blue said:

Notice that there has been no public "hands off" comments from Derby, and no public "I'm happy at Derby" or "I have a contract at Derby" comments from Lampard.

I think that silence speaks volumes. 

exactly - add in the fact Mel Morris of Derby said he expects Lampard to manage us sooner rather than later, (as a general comment, not ITK style) and the Sarri compo is roughly exactly Lampards

I remember a time when Chelsea was a club with ambition aspiring to win The Premier League and the Champions League, it was so long ago. Now Chelsea is a club with such a small club mentality that many are fizzing with excitement that a Championship manager from the European Superpower of Derby may take a step down to the tiny little upstart known as Chelsea. 

2 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

I remember a time when Chelsea was a club with ambition aspiring to win The Premier League and the Champions League, it was so long ago. Now Chelsea is a club with such a small club mentality that many are fizzing with excitement that a Championship manager from the European Superpower of Derby may take a step down to the tiny little upstart known as Chelsea. 

Yeah, feels like decades since we broke the world record transfer fee for a goalkeeper... Oh, wait. 

If Frank comes in i’d try being back Steve Holland after the Euro’s. I wonder how that’d sit with Jody but surely having 2 assistants wouldn’t be a bad thing. Can’t see Steve leaving England before then.

3 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Wow! Someone must have crapped in your cornflakes this morning. Now calm down, smooth out your dress and straighten your tiara you drama queen.

8 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

"Mourinho's right your fans are sh*te"

Chelsea want to make a swift appointment now that Sarri’s situation has been resolved and Frank Lampard looks certain to make a dream return to west London, costing Chelsea £4 million in compensation. 

- The Evening Standard

Looking like we will actually make a profit on this manager swap. Marina is incredible. 

34 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

No offence, but this post reeks of someone who doesn't get what football is all about. 

2 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

No offence, but this post reeks of someone who doesn't get what football is all about. 

Never mind "no offence" - a post as bad as that deserves all the offence going.

40 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

I remember a time when Chelsea was a club languishing in the second division and barely surviving the top flight, it was so long ago.

Now Chelsea is a club with a big club mentality expecting to win trophies every season.

Seriously, get a grip!

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Looking like we will actually make a profit on this manager swap. Marina is incredible. 

Ignoring a small detail like the £9m compensation we had to pay to Conte ...

Edited by Sexyfootball