coco

Chelsea vs Liverpool (Super Cup) Wed 14th Aug 20:00 GMT

2 minutes ago, Crem said:

Did you see that yourself on the BBC website or did someone send it to you ? The reason I ask is because I’ve never seen it say that myself and I suspect it’s just a joke for some Liverpool supporter.

No - they definitely had it ... I added the yellow highlight myself after doing a screen grab. They've now changed it ... but if you read the comments on the BBC match thread you can see multiple people making reference to it.

A couple of examples:

#943 Could the BBC be more liverpool biased? Headline "reaction to Liverpools EMPHATIC victory"??? Whats emphatic about a penalty shootout?

#944: The BBC headline talks about Liverpool’s ‘emphatic win’. How biased does a reporter need to be for a 5-4 penalty shoot out to be emphatic?

#922 On the 'live' page to this result the description underneath says 'Liverpool's emphatic victory'. How can a 5-4 penalty shootout after a 2-2 draw be considered emphatic? It's barely a victory. Do the BBC understand what that word means?

Much improved performance, especially defensively with Kante back to where he belongs. It was terribly unlucky to lose in penalty, should have won it in extra time with better finishing ( sounds like a broken record now). I know there's no consolation in losing a cup game, but we played the best team they had to offer, and we had better of the match, and the improvement is obvious. If we keep this up, there's no reason we can't beat Leicester this weekend. For once, we are actually playing good football with the kids, yet some fans still complain about it like it's end of the world.

What is it with the press and pundits fecking love affair with the dippers

you would think they hammered us all over the pitch

no one mentions that adrian was a foot off his line when Tammy took the penalty but no VAR but it manages to be used for our disallowed goals ?

makes me sick

media w**k fest over one saved penalty (it's more of a Tammy miss actually) is so despicable. I still got klopps image in my head of his brazilian false teeth running ahead of him on the pitch 

42 minutes ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Well I don’t think we deserved anything from that game. 

Defensively awful. Abraham simply doesn’t belong at this level. 

And you are simply an idiot

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

he's a f**king troll, mods should delete this account

Been a Chelsea fan since 2003, when I was 7 years old. I’m just more objective than a lot of our fan base. I call things how I see them. 

The facts are Liverpool had 26 attempts on goal and Kepa made 9 saves. We didn’t defend well and some of our players can’t hold a candle to their predecessors. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

:sign0195: Troll alert

When you don’t have the intellect and football know how to refute someone. Just call them trolls and hide. 

I see how it is. 

Edited by chelsea_true_blue

1 minute ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Been a Chelsea fan since 2003, when I was 7 years old. I’m just more objective than a lot of our fan base. I call things how I see them. 

The facts are Liverpool had 26 attempts on goal and Kepa made 9 saves. We didn’t defend well and some of our players can’t hold a candle to their predecessors. 

They had 21 shots on goal and we had 20. The difference is plain in being the quality of our attacker against theirs. Defensively their fantastic defence with the majestic VVD at the heart of it. allowed us as many shots as we did them.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

They had 21 shots on goal and we had 20. The difference is plain in being the quality of our attacker against theirs. Defensively their fantastic defence with the majestic VVD at the heart of it. allowed us as many shots as we did them.

But for Kepa pool would have been out of sight. The difference in quality between the two sides was like night and day. Not one of our team would get in their first XI. Maybe N’Golo but Fabinho suits Klopp’s philosophy more.

I understand you’re frustration at the result but they’re European champions for a reason. 

Edited by chelsea_true_blue

17 hours ago, Brutos said:

This is going to be interesting expect Liverpool to swarm all over us and take a early lead then score a few.

What a lack of faith in your team. Embarrassing.

9 minutes ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

But for Kepa pool would have been out of sight. The difference in quality between the two sides was like night and day. Not one of our team would get in their first XI. Maybe N’Golo but Fabinho suits Klopp’s philosophy more.

I understand you’re frustration at the result but they’re European champions for a reason. 

Yeah, opinions are like ar$eholes mate

Nope because after the United game you could of driven a few London double decker busses through our midfield and defence that gap was so big. That wasn't there against Liverpool but let's see if it returns against Leicester

9 minutes ago, DannyVblue said:

Do you really have faith we can finish top 4 and win a trophy with Frank as gaffer, that back line and Giroud and Tammy up top? 

8 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Nope because after the United game you could of driven a few London double decker busses through our midfield and defence that gap was so big. That wasn't there against Liverpool but let's see if it returns against Leicester

You weren't as negative last year when we were getting ripped apart by Bournemouth and City - what's changed? We have a squad filled with some of the brightest prospects in Europe - I'd back us to give anyone a game!

6 minutes ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Do you really have faith we can finish top 4 and win a trophy with Frank as gaffer, that back line and Giroud and Tammy up top? 

I 100% think we have a chance. It's not going to be easy, but we have a really talented young team who will only get better and better throughout the season as they gain experience.

Outplaying Liverpool over 90 minutes and being unlucky only to draw is an extremely positive sign. Shows we can match/better anyone on our day.

8 minutes ago, DannyVblue said:

I 100% think we have a chance. It's not going to be easy, but we have a really talented young team who will only get better and better throughout the season as they gain experience.

Outplaying Liverpool over 90 minutes and being unlucky only to draw is an extremely positive sign. Shows we can match/better anyone on our day.

Are you drunk?

2 hours ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Well I don’t think we deserved anything from that game. 

Defensively awful. Abraham simply doesn’t belong at this level. 

Where's my klaxon?  Dipper alert, dipper alert.

Trolling but not even well done.

Don't you have a chicken to mourn or compo to claim or something?