Chelsea v Brighton (PL) Sat 28th Sep 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

First PL home win, calling it right here. Unlike the 1 World class and two very good teams we have faced at home already this lot are blooming hopeless on the road, no excuses. Even if VAR decides to disallow multiple of our goals we should win this one:

Kepa

Azpi

Zouma

Tomori

James

Kante

Jorginho

Alonso

Pulisic

Abraham

CHO

48 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I mentioned only about 4 times that I'm going to this match, that's not nearly enough.

Therefore: I'm going to this match :woohoo:

:bluescalf:

Can you get the VAR official gagged and locked up in the broom cupboard, scrub out the R from VAR and replace it with an L, VAL video assistant lady.:wink:

I don't think a back 3 is the way to go at home against weaker teams, particularly with Kante available and increasing competition for other spots.

James and CHO might make the bench but I don't see them starting yet. 

Mason Mount and Barkely will both be competing for a left wing spot,  which is nutty. Alonso came off against Grimsby because he will be playing against Brighton I guess.

So I think the team that finished H1 against liverpool will be our starting 11. Now we have more bench options in attack. I'd be only giving Kovacic 60 minutes and then Barkely on and maybe CHO for Mount or willian also after 60.

Anyone have a return date for Rudiger or Palmeri?

On 23/09/2019 at 15:41, axman2526 said:

First PL home win, calling it right here. Unlike the 1 World class and two very good teams we have faced at home already this lot are blooming hopeless on the road, no excuses. Even if VAR decides to disallow multiple of our goals we should win this one:

Kepa

Azpi

Zouma

Tomori

James

Kante

Jorginho

Alonso

Pulisic

Abraham

CHO

We also played Sheff Utd at home and threw away a 2 goal lead, theyre neither good or world class but ya, we should be picking up our first home PL win here.

I'd go 4-3-3 though

Kepa

Azp Zouma Tomori Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Abraham Mount

Subs :

Willy

James Christensen

Barkley

Pulisic Odoi

Michy

Kepa

James Zouma Tomori Alonso

Kante Jorginho Mount/Barkley

Willian Tammy CHO/Mount

I know it is doubtful that we see Reece and CHO feature in this one from the start, but I think we see Callum get 60ish minutes - OR - he will come on around 60/65 minute mark. Seeing Reece however, wouldn't surprise me as much since his injury wasn't nearly as severe as Callum's.

Azpilacuetta, Zouma, Tomori

James, Kante, Jorginho, Mount

Willian, Abraham, Odoi

Would that work? James and Mount would be slightly out of position and kovacic would be unlucky not to be in the team but I’m not sure him and Jorginho are both effective in the same team.

15 hours ago, Delnino said:

We also played Sheff Utd at home and threw away a 2 goal lead, theyre neither good or world class but ya, we should be picking up our first home PL win here.

I'd go 4-3-3 though

Kepa

Azp Zouma Tomori Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Abraham Mount

Subs :

Willy

James Christensen

Barkley

Pulisic Odoi

Michy

Ah letting the newly promoted tag fool you. The Blades are by no means world class for sure, but they are a good side who fight and give everything with passion for their manager and fans and they will be staying up come the end of the season. 

Of course we should be beating them at home, but we also should have beaten the foxes too, who also are not world class but are a good side. We are a work in process.

Btw Brighton are neither world class or a good side and probably will be going down or close too it.

I am not worried, home win, count on it.

Edited by axman2526

29 minutes ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Give Mount a rest and play Pulisic.  Other than that who knows who Lamps is going to pick.

I think Mount will be involved, mate. He was rested midweek - massive opportunity to pick up the 3 points against a Brighton team riddled with injuries at the moment. I think we'll play our strongest available 11 to get the job done.

I think we'll see the following line-up: 

Kepa
Dave - Zouma - Tomori - Alonso
      Kante - Jorgi - Kovacic
   Willian - Tammy - Mount

With CHO to make an appearance along with James (possibly) and either Bats or Pulisic... depending on how the game pans out. ::ChELSeAFaN::

1 hour ago, evissy said:

How about 3-4-3: Azpi, Rudiger, Tomori, Alonso, James, Jorginho, Kante, Mount, Abraham, Willian

Odoi for Willian and you've got a deal.

Thats exactly how it works between Frank and Jody. No looking at the oppo, who's trained well, any knocks from Wednesday, players natural position, subs...they dont even discuss who's in nets, kepa just turns up with his jersey on.

But seriously, stick Odoi in there and that's the team.

Having James in the starting line-ups would be a dream, but we are not dropping our captain for sure. Even with Frankie, there is no way Reece is starting it. 

I want to see Pulisic, Mount and Abraham together. They seem to have the best connection in that team. 

Having James in the starting line-ups would be a dream, but we are not dropping our captain for sure. Even with Frankie, there is no way Reece is starting it. 
I want to see Pulisic, Mount and Abraham together. They seem to have the best connection in that team. 
3-4-3 and you can squeeze in Azpi and James and we can survive the Emersonless left side with Alonso. No brainer.