Ajax v Chelsea (CL) Wed 23rd Oct 17:55 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Be interesting to see how Lamps sets us up for this one. Is not like our most recent games, they will want the ball and want to attack us.

Back 3?

As you say it will be interesting, Lille are lethal on the counter so the back 3 made sense. Spurs played with a back 3 against them last season and were 2-0 down at half time.

Not sure who is fit but I'd go with;

Kepa
Azpi - Zouma - Tomori - Emerson
   Kovacic - Jorginho - Mount
      Pulisic - Giroud - Pedro

Rest Willian, CHO, Alonso, Tammy, Kante (?) for Burnley

Edited by the special one

One line up is

james Dave Zouma tomori alonso

jorginho kova

Willian Tammy cho/mount

but if Kante is fit

Dave Zouma tomori alonso
Kante Jorginho kova/mount

willian Tammy cho/Mount

ajax are a good side now van Der beek is playing again  

If we go with a back 3:

Kepa

Azpi 

Zouma

Rudiger/Tomori

James

Kante/Kovacic

Jorginho

Alonso

Willian

Abraham

CHO

If a back 4

Kepa

James

Zouma

rudiger/Tomori

Azpi

Kante/Kovacic

Jorginho

Willian

Pulisic

CHO

Abraham

On 20/10/2019 at 22:00, the special one said:

As you say it will be interesting, Lille are lethal on the counter so the back 3 made sense. Spurs played with a back 3 against them last season and were 2-0 down at half time.

Not sure who is fit but I'd go with;

Kepa
Azpi - Zouma - Tomori - Emerson
   Kovacic - Jorginho - Mount
      Pulisic - Giroud - Pedro

Rest Willian, CHO, Alonso, Tammy, Kante (?) for Burnley

Like seriously? Rest your best player (CHO) in a must win match? Nobody knows what will happen in any of our remaining fixtures, we just must win this one. 

Edited by hephzibah

This will be a good contest. Ten Hag is a quality manager and his Ajax team play a good brand of football.

Our last month has been very good, so we're a chance. I'm predicting a draw, but would love to see us win our sixth consecutive match in all competitions.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Huge game, really difficult, I won't be too upset with the team if we lose this one, it's going to be an absolute battle and big European games like these are new to a lot of these players. 

So if we do end up getting outplayed and beaten, it's not the end of the world, keep that in mind. 

Yes it is if you work in an Amsterdam office like I do! I  NEED those bragging rights.

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

Huge game, really difficult, I won't be too upset with the team if we lose this one, it's going to be an absolute battle and big European games like these are new to a lot of these players. 

So if we do end up getting outplayed and beaten, it's not the end of the world, keep that in mind. 

A draw on Wednesday and three points on Saturday, for me Saturday is the more important game. Champions league is a nice bonus for our young team.

On 19/10/2019 at 23:11, Valerie said:

A win, pleeeeaaase :beg:

I won't lie, a draw would be a great result for this young team - Ajax were last year's semi-finalist - I am sure they still have some vets that will school our youngsters on the pitch

btw, Ajax are taking the match vs Chelsea very seriously

translation: Erik ten Hag: Ajax not a favorite against Chelsea

Edited by robdog

1 hour ago, robdog said:

I won't lie, a draw would be a great result for this young team - Ajax were last year's semi-finalist - I am sure they still have some vets that will school our youngsters on the pitch

btw, Ajax are taking the match vs Chelsea very seriously

translation: Erik ten Hag: Ajax not a favorite against Chelsea

The old "we're not the favourites" chestnut again :face_palm:

9 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I know I'm a lucky charm :brunette:  but not lucky enough to get a ticket :sad:  

I'm gonna have to watch it from the comfort of my sofa. Or from behind it more accurately :sofa:

We aren't getting a cleansheet anyway, they're lethal on the attack, but they have lost a lot of their defensive unit, I can see it being goals galore.