Ajax v Chelsea (CL) Wed 23rd Oct 17:55 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

We aren't getting a cleansheet anyway, they're lethal on the attack, but they have lost a lot of their defensive unit, I can see it being goals galore. 

I'd better prepare myself for some incoming gloating app messages then :greysweat:  Good thing I know how to dish 'em out as well ?

My sadly departed Emma would often watch Chelsea games with me, but the two new lads (Maynard & Winston) don't (unless Maynard has no other lap options, but he's typically still in bed with the missus... and Winston just isn't much for sitting still yet lol).

Think I might play this on the TV before Chelsea games to gain a few more Chelsea fans in the family :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I would take a draw, but we really could do with a win to make up for the game against Valencia. A draw or loss here could mean that the remaining games are must wins if we want to get out of the group, especially if Valencia get a win against Lille.

Fair shouts.

15 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

I remember tottenham being down 2-0 to ajax in the semifinal second leg, Poch brought on llorente and went direct and as they say the rest is history. I just hope if our slick football isnt working we dont shy away from going direct and bringing on GIROUD

To be fair, they are a much weaker team compared to last year. Their team has been gutted with several good players leaving

I've been reading reports that Ajax have actually improved from last season - the rest of the squad has stepped up after losing de Ligt and de Jong. This will be a very tough match.

Lamps won't play 5 at the back tonight, we will need the extra man in midfield against this Ajax team.

So we lose here and it is:
Ajax 9
Lille 6
Valencia 3
Chelsea 3

Next win the home game against Ajax:
Ajax 9
Lille 7
Chelsea 6
Valencia 4

Our remaining games are then:
Lille at home and Valencia away. Win Lille: 9 points, win Valencia 12 points. Even 10 points should be enough.

We can lose today. Not doom and gloom. If we don't qualify from this group it is okay too. Not our season to go long in this competition.
Screenshot_20191023-121432~2.jpg

I love the way Lampard is going on about his business, the youth revolution and our style of football.  I however think that he needs to keep things fresh.  He needs to be rotating Michy, Pulisic, Pedro into the team cause i just can't help but fear that these kids will burn out or we will simply get figured out by the opposition if we don't do some rotation and keep the whole squad sharp.  

I really hope these are just my fears and I am wrong!