Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

19 minutes ago, RMH said:

We won 6 in a row in PL and CL scoring scoring 18 and suffering 2 goals. Yo may argue that it was an easy streak of matches, but just like those we've played until At Madrid and we did not score half the goals we did back then. If that's not good enough for you to see what the ex-coach was capable of achieving, then at least do not argue that we are having wet dreams at present.

Actually I defended Lampard against the argument of them being easy fixtures and I gave him a free pass for the poor results/performances upto and including Old Trafford, for similar reasons as to why I am with TT currently (well his results aren't even that poor but I digress).

It's all there on my posting history if you don't believe me, infact i've just gone and looked at some of my posts back then and some of the 'likes' I got are interesting to say the least, let's just say many haven't followed suit this time.

Edited by Argo

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

I don’t see anyone bashing Tuchel? Could you kindly show me some quotes?

I cant be bothered go back and pick out quotes as I'm not sure what pages they are now on. I didn't say bashing but if you want to call it that then okay. But 100% I've seen people saying and/or alluding to the fact that we are nothing is different than it was under Frank and that TT had an easier run of games. Pretty much saying we shouldve just kept Frank. All I can say is from my point of view, I am not going into games under TT expecting to lose or thinking we are going to lose during.

Can't understand all the negativity. United played a very good game - especially the first half and we still got the only threatening attacks on our side, bar that one free-kick and the following non-given pen situation. It'll be a bumpy road no matter what to secure the top four placement, and most likely because WestHam and Leicester can't keep up til the end. The defence looks overall superb so overcoming Atleti is not unlikely at all too. This season is pure congested covid-madness - in all the leagues - so one should keep their expectations rather in check regarding exciting and beautiful football.

13 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I cant be bothered go back and pick out quotes as I'm not sure what pages they are now on. I didn't say bashing but if you want to call it that then okay. But 100% I've seen people saying and/or alluding to the fact that we are nothing is different than it was under Frank and that TT had an easier run of games. Pretty much saying we shouldve just kept Frank. All I can say is from my point of view, I am not going into games under TT expecting to lose or thinking we are going to lose during.

I’ll go on the record and say 100% we should have kept Lampard, sacking a club legend after a 7 week poor run was about as embarrassing as it gets, and shows exactly why all other fans dislike us & take the piss out of us!

Do I think certain things have improved under TT, defensively yes, but playing essentially a back 7 I’m hardly surprised at that, but without a doubt we are amongst the worst teams to watch in the league, if not the first 2 divisions.

Yes it’s a results based job, however entertainment is also extremely important, if it weren’t then Sarri would still be in charge, but nobody wanted to put up with that borefest for to long!

7 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

I’ll go on the record and say 100% we should have kept Lampard, sacking a club legend after a 7 week poor run was about as embarrassing as it gets, and shows exactly why all other fans dislike us & take the piss out of us!

If rival fans are upset about us sacking Lampard then there's only one reason that's the case and it's not because some faux moral code has kicked in.

Scolari and AVB were also sacked after a similar "short" poor run (the former after giving us some great entertainment for the first few months), did you have the same energy for them?

10 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

Yes it’s a results based job, however entertainment is also extremely important, if it weren’t then Sarri would still be in charge, but nobody wanted to put up with that borefest for to long!

Sarri chose to leave us, he left by his own will and this is why Lampard even got a chance in the first place... Tough.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

If rival fans are upset about us sacking Lampard then there's only one reason that's the case and it's not because some faux moral code has kicked in.

Scolari and AVB were also sacked after a similar "short" poor run (the former after giving us some great entertainment for the first few months), did you have the same energy for them?

Neither of those were club legends, don’t just read the post, understand the context.

Last season Utd were doing much worse than us, they didn’t sack their club legend & look where they are now.

Just now, Wearyourcolours said:

Neither of those were club legends, don’t just read the post, understand the context.

Last season Utd were doing much worse than us, they didn’t sack their club legend & look where they are now.

2nd, miles behind the title, kicked out of Champions League, League Cup and likely FA Cup again. So another trophyless season? 

Just now, Slojo said:

2nd, miles behind the title, kicked out of Champions League, League Cup and likely FA Cup again. So another trophyless season? 

Playing football we can only dream about, steady as a club and building season on season.

Whereas we are in our traditional turmoil, playing like a bunch of strangers, with a manager that has fundamentally a year left on his contract, having only just joined.

I don't understand why people are complaining about the slightest criticism to TT, it has nothing to do with Lampard etc. ALL managers get criticized after a poor result especially one in which the Manager got things wrong.

I think TT got things wrong with the starting lineup, against Maguire and Lindelof we needed pace in behind and TT went in with Ziyech, Giroud and Mount. This was the one game where we needed Werners pace in behind and in my view he came on very late when United had dropped back into a low block. Having said that I don't think it was a case of TT got things so wrong that we dropped 2 points because of him because it was a decent performance and had it not been for a decent save from De Gea we couldve walked away with all 3.

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

No secret Tuchel is playing safe, at least for the rest of the season. I don't see us losing many games, but definitely will draw lots , and likely getting edged out in tight cup games by a small margin. We must beat those teams outside the top 6 in remaining games to clinch a top 4 spot, have the feeling we will get another 0:0 against Liverpool, which normally not a bad result, but will hurt us comes end of the season. In earlier games against weaker teams, it's poor finishing. Last night we just didn't create much, and to be fair United didn't park the bus like spurs or Atletico. 

Getting draw a lot is very2 bad for league table it is better to lose a lot and win a lot rather draw a lot.

1 minute ago, Wearyourcolours said:

Ok so you want to do down the club legend route, did you have the same energy when we released Frank as a player and replaced with a Gooner legend who prior to that point never hid his dislike of Frank or us? 

2 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

Playing football we can only dream about, steady as a club and building season on season.

Whereas we are in our traditional turmoil, playing like a bunch of strangers, with a manager that has fundamentally a year left on his contract, having only just joined.

United are playing football we can only dream about? I think a lot of United fans would disagree there lmao

6 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

Sarri left us instead of getting sacked, we all know that fortunately we worked the Juve situation to our advantage.

No we don't know - you're just projecting and assuming random things now.

3 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

United ? Nope. This united team is good, a top 4 team but not title contender

1 minute ago, Imran_CFC said:

I don't understand why people are complaining about the slightest criticism to TT, it has nothing to do with Lampard etc. ALL managers get criticized after a poor result especially one in which the Manager got things wrong.

I think TT got things wrong with the starting lineup, against Maguire and Lindelof we needed pace in behind and TT went in with Ziyech, Giroud and Mount. This was the one game where we needed Werners pace in behind and in my view he came on very late when United had dropped back into a low block. Having said that I don't think it was a case of TT got things so wrong that we dropped 2 points because of him because it was a decent performance and had it not been for a decent save from De Gea we couldve walked away with all 3.

I can't speak for anyone else but the only reason I'm "complaining" is because I think aspects of his critisism is wildly over the top and is being unfairly held to different standards to pretty much all our previous managers. I defended both Sarri and Lampard when I felt their critisism was too much (my posting history will attest to that) the only difference is I didn't have to do it as often, not even with Sarri.

Regarding yesterday I agree to an extent but at the same time would Ole have pushed up as high with Werner/Puli playing? I can't help but feel it was a last minute reaction to the team sheet by Ole.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

I can't speak for anyone else but the only reason I'm "complaining" is because I think aspects of his critisism is wildly over the top and is being unfairly held to different standards to pretty much all our previous managers. I defended both Sarri and Lampard when I felt their critisism was too much (my posting history will attest to that) the only difference is I didn't have to do it as often, not even with Sarri.

Regarding yesterday I agree to an extent but at the same time would Ole have pushed up as high with Werner/Puli playing? I can't help but feel it was a last minute reaction to the team sheet by Ole.

I think they woud've pressed us high regardless due to how vulnerable we looked against it in recent games, I think they switched tactics once they realised they were not getting much joy from it. A gameplan such as the high press takes days on the training ground I doubt it would've been the tactic decided in the last hour of an away match. 

9 minutes ago, Argo said:

Ok so you want to do down the club legend route, did you have the same energy when we released Frank as a player and replaced with a Gooner legend who prior to that point never hid his dislike of Frank or us? 

I was disappointed, but also realised that Lampard had come towards the end of his playing days.

United for me is a completely different ball game. They haven't realistically challenged for a title since Ferguson retired, that was 8 years ago. And I don't count that Jose Mourinho season, they were 16 points behind in like January, that's not a title challenge. 

They've went through process after process since Ferguson left, brought in core players, youngsters integrated through the ranks. Their fans know they should be doing better, that's why so many are still critical of Ole and want a better manager. United for all the money they've spent, should be challenging for the league by now, not just comfortably sitting 2nd while being miles behind, that's not a title challenge. 

With us, we've had more setbacks, but we've won two league titles since United last won one. For United the standards have to be different, considering they've spending just as much as the other top sides but haven't achieved anything in so long. I would genuinely be shocked if they managed to win anything under Ole, and I can't see that United side challenging for the title under him next season, I'll eat my hat if he does. 

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

No we don't know - you're just projecting and assuming random things now.

So you think Sarri would have been in charge at the start of last season if Juve hadn’t come calling?

Take into account we had already been discussing getting Lampard in for about a month at that stage!

1 minute ago, Wearyourcolours said:

So you think Sarri would have been in charge at the start of last season if Juve hadn’t come calling?

Take into account we had already been discussing getting Lampard in for about a month at that stage!

Uhm yes... Why wouldn't he be? He won a Europa League and finished 3rd. 

Sarri did a good job. 

1 minute ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think they woud've pressed us high regardless due to how vulnerable we looked against it in recent games, I think they switched tactics once they realised they were not getting much joy from it. A gameplan such as the high press takes days on the training ground I doubt it would've been the tactic decided in the last hour of an away match. 

Not sure about them but Tuchel said that we changed our tactic at half time to a 5-3-2 and because of it we had a better second half. CHO had a small injury but that was also a tactical substitution as well.

There was a lot of things going on out there but the reaction here is overwhelmingly about how we look so disappointing because didn't win the game or because we didn't make the game more entertaining... Some games are just tight and less entertaining, Man United isn't exactly the opponent that offers exciting games either from our perspective, in the last 10 matches we faced them I don't even think we won more than twice yet suddenly so many fans feel so entitled that we simply must win at home against them, I'm happy we didn't lose!

5 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

Who is "we" ? I never discussed that with you back then :laugh2: