Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Long time lurker, took me ages before even registering. I like to read the football/chelsea forums to get my 'fix' until the next game.

No fkn clue why I'm posting at this late hour but...

1) I've seen this quite a bit "Tuchel has done no more than should be expected (Atletico result apart)" and also something  along the lines of won the games expected when commenting on if he's better than FL or not. I'd say he's done really well coming in half way through a season, and wasn't lamps fired because he wasn't winning as expected!
Also, this bit is just for my sanity but, I don't know why that sentence really bugs me. Unless you have some window to an alternate reality where the team actually win all the games as expected then it makes no sense to actually play them. This is the premier league (I know, dramatic purposes, go with it). "The Premier League, anyone can beat anyone on the day."

2) I love super Frank. Love the work he did in his first season, especially with the ban and losing hazard. But it was obvious there was still alot more to learn, hopefully one day he will be back. The only way I could possibly love Frank more for everything he has done (including his loyalty to the club) is if he actually quit when he realised he couldn't take chelsea farther, but if he did that then he wouldn't be super Frank! He never came across as the type to give up and thank fk for that. You can't say anything other than he did an amazing job in his first season at Chelsea.

3) It's the era of Titty Tickle, and if someone thinks that's derogatory then I can't even explain how much you are missing out!
He's our manager now and I can honestly say I like what he's done so far. He may hit his threshold or he may take us a long way...its still early days.

4) we may have most of the possession and to some it may seem we do nothing with it (understandably) but that also means that they don't have the ball, they can't get "lucky", can't get a shot off, can't have that moment of brilliance, etc.
Yes it's boring to some but it's also tactical, and again he's been here for such a short time. I havent been to my barber for longer than he's been at the job (fker needs to open soon, starting to think amazon drivers are really aiming for my head).

5)

I can't even remember any other points as it took me fkn ages to type that out on my phone...and thats one of the reasons I don't post.

Edited by Simplymo

On 27/02/2021 at 03:35, Simplymo said:

Long time lurker, took me ages before even registering. I like to read the football/chelsea forums to get my 'fix' until the next game.

No fkn clue why I'm posting at this late hour but...

1) I've seen this quite a bit "Tuchel has done no more than should be expected (Atletico result apart)" and also something  along the lines of won the games expected when commenting on if he's better than FL or not. I'd say he's done really well coming in half way through a season, and wasn't lamps fired because he wasn't winning as expected!
Also, this bit is just for my sanity but, I don't know why that sentence really bugs me. Unless you have some window to an alternate reality where the team actually win all the games as expected then it makes no sense to actually play them. This is the premier league (I know, dramatic purposes, go with it). "The Premier League, anyone can beat anyone on the day."

2) I love super Frank. Love the work he did in his first season, especially with the ban and losing hazard. But it was obvious there was still alot more to learn, hopefully one day he will be back. The only way I could possibly love Frank more for everything he has done (including his loyalty to the club) is if he actually quit when he realised he couldn't take chelsea farther, but if he did that then he wouldn't be super Frank! He never came across as the type to give up and thank fk for that. You can't say anything other than he did an amazing job in his first season at Chelsea.

3) It's the era of Titty Tickle, and if someone thinks that's derogatory then I can't even explain how much you are missing out!
He's our manager now and I can honestly say I like what he's done so far. He may hit his threshold or he may take us a long way...its still early days.

4) we may have most of the possession and to some it may seem we do nothing with it (understandably) but that also means that they don't have the ball, they can't get "lucky", can't get a shot off, can't have that moment of brilliance, etc.
Yes it's boring to some but it's also tactical, and again he's been here for such a short time. I havent been to my barber for longer than he's been at the job (fker needs to open soon, starting to think amazon drivers are really aiming for my head).

5)

I can't even remember any other points as it took me fkn ages to type that out on my phone...and thats one of the reasons I don't post.

That's a point that isn't raised enough, it's possible to have wanted Lampard to stay and still be excited by Tuchel (or want Lampard out and not really rate TT) it appears that many seem to be it subconsciously or otherwise be far gone in the "can only rate one or the other" train of thought.

Even if I was fully on the Lampard in train I'd have still been excited by Tuchel's arrival because simply he's one of the best coaches in the world. Even the Mainz board who he had a major bust up with couldn't deny that. 

10 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

I don't recall Pirlo ever being misunderstood. Mikel on the other hand, definitely.

I remember Milan got battered by United around this time a decade ago and many were banging on about him "being found out against a team in a 'proper' league who don't give him time on the ball". From what I remember the rumours that Carlo wanted to bring him here were meet with little enthusiasm at best and utter contempt at worst. 

It wasn't until Euro 2012 at 34 years old that he finally started getting the credit he always deserved on these shores, and even then it only happened because of the Spain/Italy match (not the final the first group game) where he outperformed Iniesta and Xavi and then the England match where he made our "proper midfielders" look like schoolchildren.

Edited by Argo

5 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Mikel always looked like a different player when he was playing for Nigeria, he played like Riquelme.

Weird he never replicated that form here. The only glimpse we got was that backheel assist!

You want your dm to be more conservative with their passing. Coservative does not mean pasaing backward to attract more pressure though

4 hours ago, Argo said:

That's a point that isn't raised enough, it's possible to have wanted Lampard to stay and still be excited by Tuchel (or want Lampard out and not really rate TT) it appears that many seem to be it subconsciously or otherwise be far gone in the "can only rate one or the other" train of thought.

Even if I was fully on the Lampard in train I'd have still been excited by Tuchel's arrival because simply he's one of the best coaches in the world. Even the Mainz board who he had a major bust up with couldn't deny that. 

TT is not ‘simply one of the best coaches in the world’ he’s a good coach, but definitely in tier 2 of the worlds coaches!

2 hours ago, Wearyourcolours said:

TT is not ‘simply one of the best coaches in the world’ he’s a good coach, but definitely in tier 2 of the worlds coaches!

Wow I'm surprised at this take tbh. Even if you disregard the fact that PSG is built to win the ligue 1 every year. The guy still built a system to accommodate Neymar and Mbappe in which they thrived. Which sounds easier said than done.

He took a burn out Dortmund after Klopp left and repackaged them as an exciting attacking team. Beat some of the best teams and coaches in the world with PSG during his two and a half year stint in the ucl. Real tactical masterclasses like against Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Unbeaten at home in the league with Dortmund, that's 2 whole seasons pretty mad if you ask me. His win rate is insane at both Dortmund and PSG 63% and 75% respectively rounded up.

Although the format was unusual he also got to the finals of a champions league.

I don't think we can really say he's tier 1 or 2 until he has a full season in the prem. 

3 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Wow I'm surprised at this take tbh. Even if you disregard the fact that PSG is built to win the ligue 1 every year. 

There's an easy counter to that.

While it is ofcourse undeniable that Paris have the advantage in that league he was the 4th manager appointed since they were took over by their Qatar owners and his title success rate was 50% higher than two of the previous three and he's gone two rounds better than any of them in the CL.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/man-citys-gundogan-says-chelsea-boss-thomas-tuchel-is-one-of-best-coaches-in-club-football/

Man City's Gundogan says Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is one of best coaches in club football

Gundogan: “The fact is that with Pep [Guardiola], [Jurgen] Klopp, and Thomas Tuchel, I’ve had pretty much the best coaches in club football so far.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/aubameyang-thomas-tuchel-arsenal-arteta-23224556

“He’s one of the best coaches that I’ve had,” said Aubameyang.
"I can’t deny his talent. He’s someone a bit crazy, a little like me."
Tuchel has been compared to Manchester City tactician Pep Guardiola in the past - a comparison Aubameyang can’t say he disagrees with.
He added: ”You could say that his style is a bit like that of Guardiola. In any case, they play with the same spirit.

Well, there are many arguments to tell that Tuchel is one of the best coaches in club football.

On the other hand Tuchel did not win the champions league yet. So there are arguments as well to say that he is one level under Guardiola and Klopp.

Time for Tuchel to close the gap to Klopp and Guardiola 😉

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

How so?

They are above us in the league and we were the home side so the onus was more on us to win but bar 1 or 2 moments, we looked totally toothless again.

We just stopped the highest scoring team to score a single goal against us. Tuchel is doing amazing work in record time, we still haven't lost a single game and we had plenty of tough games so far.

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I bloody hate our play style. We attack, then pass it back to Azpi, Mendy. Start the attack again, nah pass it back.

Just take more risks, play quicker. I hate this slow passing the ball around play. We’ve had this problem since Sarri.

Yea well Ole had a few season to work with his team, Tuchel had a month or so - clearly he can't make it all in such a short time period.

He's for the most part made the defense a fortress and that is very important, we're not conceding so we're not losing.

I refuse to blame him for our struggling attack. Just as with Frank and Sarri to a certain extent they have tried to get us playing a certain way in attack and for some reason the players don't respond.

Hope we get top 4 so Tuchel stays, would really be interesting to see Tuchel's chelsea. What that formation and playing staff would consist of and how we attack after a pre season.

Every opposition team has a better attack pattern than us. I don't put this on Tuchel but he needs to sort it out quick because we're in the business end of the season now. 

So many times our attacking movements are so out of sync. It's like these players don't train attacking patterns together.

When you add this to the fact that our finishing is woeful af, goals become really really hard to come by. 

Just now, Gol15 said:

Yea well Ole had a few season to work with his team, Tuchel had a month or so - clearly he can't make it all in such a short time period.

Well I hope for one thing - Tuchel need to ERADICATE everything Sarri has taught the team. Sarri is massively overrated and we only did as well as we did thanks to Eden Hazard.

No more passing back (not as often), try more risky balls forward, play with a higher tempo and pace.