Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

It doesn't matter if we're 3 points behind them, yes it would have been great if we had won but our goal is top 4 not top 2... Winning against the Manchester teams was always going to be a bonus if it happen, look at Man United they didn't win that many games against the top teams this season but they won a lot of smaller games, this is what we need to do in order to reach top 4.

We went from being 8-9th to top 4 in just a few games and now we're top 5, every game matters but we can't suddenly be so disappointed that we didn't win against the 2nd best team in the league, that's how I see it. 

Its not about top 2 but dragging as many above us into the fight for top four as possible. They were vulnerable today and we failed to capitalise. 

Just now, Nibs said:

No Problem. Football is a simple game really. Very much like yourself.

I'm thankful to have such a good kiddo here to point out that winning at home is a must at every game, no wonder it's all so simple for you...

3 minutes ago, Nibs said:

So true.

In a certain persons little world, the fact we kept a clean sheet today will still somehow be down to Jorginho!

Pulisic dribbles past 2 players and scores - team effort. Hazard does the same - carried Sarri that had nothing to do with it.

You're so trash, probably the worst person I've seen here.

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

It doesn't matter if we're 3 points behind them, yes it would have been great if we had won but our goal is top 4 not top 2... Winning against the Manchester teams was always going to be a bonus if it happen, look at Man United they didn't win that many games against the top teams this season but they won a lot of smaller games, this is what we need to do in order to reach top 4.

We went from being 8-9th to top 4 in just a few games and now we're top 5, every game matters but we can't suddenly be so disappointed that we didn't win against the 2nd best team in the league, that's how I see it. 

It’s not disappointment about not beating  them, it’s more about how we played. We gave them the first half. Second we were better but we had one clear cut chance. They probably had as few chances as we did. Our coach got it wrong again, he’s playing too safe and some choices are questionable. We should have brought the game to them, not the other way round. But I do not think it’s only the coach, as I’ve said before, this team is not that good, at least just yet.

I get he has not had enough time to work with team etc, hence he is not over-eager to change up things too much, but honestly need to see it a bit more bite in attack. There are matches this season, today included where due to the pragmatic approach it has cost us 3 points. Wolves, Southampton we should have won but I think TT choices cost us the win. Now Everton have it in their hands and on a PPG approach, they would be above us, assuming they win. Villa too. Liverpool in front now. There is not that much games left also. I like the confidence in possession and the players look a lot more assured defensively, but offensively still lacking bite.

Just now, Gol15 said:

Pulisic dribbles past 2 players and scores - team effort. Hazard does the same - carried Sarri that had nothing to do with it.

You're so trash, probably the worst person I've seen here.

Sure Pulicic did well in a number of games but he's no Hazard who scored more individual goals than you've wet your bed.

(That's LOADS by the way).

Just now, Nibs said:

Sure Pulicic did well in a number of games but he's no Hazard who scored more individual goals than you've wet your bed.

(That's LOADS by the way).

You're too simple, for you the ones you dislike can never do anything good, for you Hazard carried us only and there is where the story ends, for you not to win at home without fans and with a new manager is a huge failure. You sound like a sad kid.

24 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

We went from being 8-9th to top 4 in just a few games 

TT did have an easy start, also Jose and Klopp have done everything they can to welcome Tuchel to England and help him get back to 4th, just a shame a few other managers weren't as accommodating.

Just now, Gol15 said:

You're too simple, for you the ones you dislike can never do anything good, for you Hazard carried us only and there is where the story ends, for you not to win at home without fans and with a new manager is a huge failure. You sound like a sad kid.

No, it's simple.

I'm not unhappy with a point at home to Man Utd. It's not a bad result. Not the end of the world. A little disappointing that we didn't go for it more and didn't trouble De Gea much but I'm okay with it. Ideally you should be looking to win all your home games - especially a team like Chelsea, but it's not going to happen. What gets my goat is posters saying "oooh, 0-0 was okay when Lamps drew with Man Utd............". Just pointing out that a draw away from home is always better than a draw at home, but no, according to some there is no difference :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I'm not unhappy with a point at home to Man Utd. It's not a bad result. Not the end of the world.

As with everything, context is key.

Before the previous fixture, we had only won two of our five league games, and had only just bedded in Mendy after a couple of horrendous defensive performances (conceding 3 in 45 minutes against a diabolical West Brom side, being pegged back from 2-0 down to draw 3-3 at home to Southampton), plus a pretty questionable record in big games. Man Utd on the other hand had just come off a remarkable win away to PSG. Keeping a clean sheet was a pretty impressive feat.

Before this fixture, we were unbeaten in six league games and have just beaten and outplayed La Liga leaders Atlético Madrid away, whereas Man Utd had conceded five in their previous three league games against West Brom, Everton and Newcastle.

Plus in the first fixture Jorginho was playing, so not scoring came as less of a surprise.

21 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

For those singing the praises of TT what will your opinion be if we finish in 6th - 9th position? Which is entirely possible.

Will it have been worth the change?

If we don't finish top 4 that will be massively dissapointing I won't deny it. 

But I'll still be willing to give Tuchel another season here, his own transfer window, etc. For me to want Tuchel gone this season it would have to be something drastic, say if we lost every game from now on the bounce, or he came out and did a Conte v2 but to an even worse extent. 

Overall I think he's doing a good job. I think Frank did get a good defensive setup in this team in the back 4, but that soon faded in December, after that we looked very easy to score against. He has definitely sorted the defence out, but when it comes to the attack, not much improvement sadly. There has been improvement though, but I can see why people are dissappointed, even though I do think people are overreacting. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Frank Lampard FC, I'm only supporting the team now until Frank gets his next job elsewhere, then I'll leave this forum and you can all be happy. 

Iv'e seen a few managers come and go, never followed any of them onward from the club, and wont start any time soon. But i have backed every one of them up until the point they left the club, including the current one, so you'll always know which side i'm on.

5 minutes ago, coco said:

Iv'e seen a few managers come and go, never followed any of them onward from the club, and wont start any time soon. But i have backed every one of them up until the point they left the club, including the current one, so you'll always know which side i'm on.

Good for you mate! 

Not sure why you're needlesly quoting me with random bollocks all the time, if you've got an issue with me having a different opinion on here, feel free to ban me.. Again. 

Edited by Slojo

Just now, Slojo said:

Good for you mate! 

Not sure why you're needlesly quoting me with random bollocks all the time, if you've got an issue with me having a different opinion on here, feel free to ban me.. Again. 

Ok done, see you around some time.