Chelsea v Juventus (CL) Tue 23rd Nov 2021 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

If there ever was a must win game this is one.. we need to be assured of qualification before a cold trip to Russia.

Mendy

Christensen.  Silva.    Rudiger

James.     Kante.    Chalobah.      Chilwell

Mount.     Havertz.     CHO

Jorginho for chalobah if he is healthy

12 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

If there ever was a must win game this is one.. we need to be assured of qualification before a cold trip to Russia.

Mendy

If you need a pic that suits your name I can humbly suggest this Antonio, mainly cause Chalobah looks like a Predator there and I feel some unexplainable sympathy towards the Xenomorph:

salma hayek desperado GIF

I'm just joking, you know that 😅

Edited by Gol15

47 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

If you need a pic that suits your name I can humbly suggest this Antonio, mainly cause Chalobah looks like a Predator there and I feel some unexplainable sympathy towards the Xenomorph:

salma hayek desperado GIF

I'm just joking, you know that 😅

Thanks bro... I have been stuck between a rock and a hard place ever since Conte joined the spuds

8 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Mendy

It is only must win if we aim to top the group, a must win by 2 or more goals.

If all we aim for is qualifying then a fraw gets the job done.

Juve will park deep so we won't get much space.

Mendy

Trev 

Christensen 

Rudiger

James

RLC

Kante

Chilwell

Ziyech

Havertz

Pulisic

23 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

It's finally here, the moment we've all been waiting for, the moment the dream becomes reality.

Alex Sandro is finally playing at Stamford Bridge.

When the camera zooms in on the nut job in the crowd with an ‘Alex Sandro can I have your baby?’ sign we’ll all know it’s you…

12 hours ago, Deino said:

Dreams do come true! 

Is nice to have someone so excited for this game as this really is a glamour tie and we should be excited.

Juve are truly and elite club, up there with facing Bayern, Real, Barca etc

However they played such a boring, bland but very effective style in the first game and all they need to do is avoid losing by 2 goals that it just seems inevitable this one is a snooze fest.

They could be losing by a goal and still sit deep and counter.

27 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Is nice to have someone so excited for this game as this really is a glamour tie and we should be excited.

Juve are truly and elite club, up there with facing Bayern, Real, Barca etc

However they played such a boring, bland but very effective style in the first game and all they need to do is avoid losing by 2 goals that it just seems inevitable this one is a snooze fest.

They could be losing by a goal and still sit deep and counter.

That's the Allegri style I guess. We'll see just how much we learned from last time, I feel more confident knowing that we finally have Pulisic back, if we play more daring and run at them, we can get an easy penalty early on and then it's all up to Jorginho to not miss it, and since he missed the last penalty he took, chances are he's scoring the next one he's taking.

From that point on, we would have the confidence to get the job done. Up to you to say the complete opposite scenario now!

Edited by Gol15

Pretty sure we won't be as bad we played last time, even that we still had plenty of chances to get a point out of it.  Expect them to play the same game, bore the life out of us and try steal it on the counter, but with the options we got I think we can win this. Lukaku off the bench to win it in the 88th minute.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

That's the Allegri style I guess. We'll see just how much we learned from last time, I feel more confident knowing that we finally have Pulisic back, if we play more daring and run at them, we can get an easy penalty early on and then it's all up to Jorginho to not miss it, and since he missed the last penalty he took, chances are he's scoring the next one he's taking.

From that point on, we would have the confidence to get the job done. Up to you to say the complete opposite scenario now!

Is great having CP back, he can be a class above. Running at 2 deep sitting brickwalls gets us knowhere though. We need to be smart, well excucted movement and quick passes. Why Ziyech playing well is vital too out chances here. Ideally the front 3 would be him, Mount and either CP or Havertz. However the concern is that CP is just back from a long injury, Havertz is out of form and Mount is even more out of form. That and Ziyech is so enigmatic we just have to hope he turns it on.

45 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Pretty sure we won't be as bad we played last time, even that we still had plenty of chances to get a point out of it.  Expect them to play the same game, bore the life out of us and try steal it on the counter, but with the options we got I think we can win this. Lukaku off the bench to win it in the 88th minute.

Always nice to win, but Rom with a late winner is no better to us than a draw. We are not outscoring Juve in the last round. They host Malmo and we go to Zenit, no way we beat Zenit by more goals if Juve need something.

We need a 2 goal or more win to have a chance to top the group. Otherwise so long as we don't lose we finish second and can send all the backups to backup players and youth team to Russia.

4 hours ago, JM7 said:

Juve apparently have a lot of injuries - 5 out for them. Good time to play them. 

Who is out?

All I can find is Danilo, from Sky Sports preview:

"Danilo will miss out for Juventus having been sidelined for two months with a thigh complaint. Paulo Dybala, Alex Sandro, Dejan Kulusevski and Weston McKennie are all available, however, and have made the trip to London."

So more sounds like 1 out for them whereas we likely have No Lukaku, No Havertz, No Kovacic and Mount, Pulisic and Werner not 100%.

On another note our Sunday just got flippin ruined. I would post it there and will late but we have no game thread for united yet and that bald tw@t Taylor is ref for the game AGAIN. How is that not a conspiracy?

Edited by axman2526

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Who is out?

All I can find is Danilo, from Sky Sports preview:

"Danilo will miss out for Juventus having been sidelined for two months with a thigh complaint. Paulo Dybala, Alex Sandro, Dejan Kulusevski and Weston McKennie are all available, however, and have made the trip to London."

So more sounds like 1 out for them whereas we likely have No Lukaku, No Havertz, No Kovacic and Mount, Pulisic and Werner not 100%.

On another note our Sunday just got flippin ruined. I would post it there and will late but we have no game thread for united yet and that bald tw@t Taylor is ref for the game AGAIN. How is that not a conspiracy?

Mendy

Christensen       Silva       Rudiger

Jorginho

James                     Kante                    Chilwell

CHO                        Pulisic

Werner or Lukaku 

I want to see James and CHO continue down the right wing, they are starting to look really good and dominated Leicester down the right.

If Havertz is injured then Werner to start, Lukaku off the bench.