Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Wed 20th Apr 2022 19:45 GMT

coco

GAMEDAY!!! 

Is there any chance for a 6-0 ?

We're coming in a good period of games, our performance against Palace wasn't really promising but we still won the game and reached the final. We have to be motivated and save our distance from Spurs in the league. No time for mistakes, play our best and get ready for a tough game tonight.

COME ON CHELS!!

On 18/04/2022 at 18:29, JM7 said:

Arsenal have lost their last 3 games in a row….so Arteta masterclass incoming. Charity FC will strike again. 

We are also in danger of losing 3 home games in a row, which has never happened since 1993. We cannot let that happen.

Edited by Mana

30 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I’ve got this Arsenal fan giving me sh*t all season saying Mason Mount is overrated, makes sly digs everytime he has a bad game. There’s nothing I would love more than Mount to put in a stellar performance with 2 or 3 goals, plus an assist or two. Please.

You and me both but not @axman2526 who agrees with the Arsenal knobhead. 

My issue with these fixtures is Arsenal almost always turn up in them, so it wouldn't surprise whatsoever if Arsenal were to get at least a point tonight. I'm not being negative, just realistic.

We have these games every season when we look poor against Arsenal. We didn't look great in the first half vs Palace, and if we do that again and Arsenal start fast, we need to be careful. 

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

You and me both but not @axman2526 who agrees with the Arsenal knobhead. 

Now now I have said that given the bog of hometown he crawled up from he has done very well for himself, could have ended up on a street corner like another pompy native we know from here 😉

cat licking GIF

Edited by axman2526

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Now now I have said that given the bog of hometown he crawled up from he has done very well for himself, could have ended up on a street corner like another pompy native we know from here 😉

cat licking GIF

@Malta Blue is from Scumhampton, you’re very confused. 

Mendy

Chalobah T.Silva Rudiger

James   RLC   Jorginho   Alonso

Mount   Lukaku   Werner

Assuming Kovacic is unavailable, team above is what i'd go for. 

Seen Kante get spun by Arsenal a few times with their quick passing. Give Lukaku a chance to bully Arsenal's physically weak back line again. Mount to set the goals up and Werner to get in behind on the good form he's currently on. Wing backs seem to pick themselves at the moment. Hopefully time to see Chalobah back in the line up too, but wouldn't be too hopeful. 

Heart says it should be an easy walk in the park, so 3-0 Chelsea on current form.

Realistically my head says we'll pinch a 1 or 2-0 or they'll end up playing the game of their life and we'll lose 4-2.

Anyone else looking forward, in a masochistic kinda way, to the Lukaku show tonight?

I mean I have @Munkworth trembling because I have been nice to Mount recently, I blasted Werner and he has turned a corner the past few games, much to Jim's happiness, I ruled out Alonso being useful in Madrid and he got robbed of a goal by a stupid rule and before that scored against saints, which made @Mod very happy.

List goes on but no matter what I say about thar useless, overweight, unprofessional, undesirable, selfish sack of ego and manure Lukaku he is useless every single time.

3 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

It's a win/win for me. 

Either Lukaku bullies Arsenal's backline to secure us 3 points. 

Or

Either Lukaku yet again gives another clown display and reason to bin him off in the summer.

It's not a win/win because the latter; Lukaku after October almost always showed a clownish display. Him doing nothing tonight will not push the board over the edge because they are at that stage already.

6 hours ago, Mana said:

We are also in danger of losing 3 home games in a row, which has never happened since 1993. We cannot let that happen.

That was part of a run of 6 consecutive league defeats. The opposition on that 3rd home game was Arsenal too.

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Don't worry, we did not have Lukaku then...

LOL. Very true. I think we had Shipperly up front. I remember Arsenal had Ian Wright at his best and we were well beaten.

Team:

Mendy

James

AC

Sarr

Dave

RLC

Kante

Alonso

Mount

Lukaku

Werner

Left disappointed Trev is once more overlooked for AC, who is half out the door, and now Sarr, who is not half the player he is.

Toni not in the squad. Not sure why, maybe covid?