Karim Adeyemi

1 minute ago, Mod said:

Here's all you need to know @Simplymo

Screenshot_1.jpg

The thumbs up emoji is for sharing the info bud, cheers...but wtf!

Can't be for chels, must be one for the sell later market as he's maybe going cheap now. I think i'm starting to get used to this game of trying to figure out which kid is for us and which is a "commodity" for later.

3 hours ago, Brigadeiro Mk II said:

I wonder how the heck do they calculate 3 expected assists out of 32 chances created... what were the other 29 chances then? 

xA is the probability of the shot that happens after the assist attempt. It is more a measure of quality than frequency. "Chance created" refers to both assists that end in a shot, and those that do not (eg crosses and cutbacks that are missed by attackers).

The way you look at it is the ratio between the two (eg how many xA from total chances created?) - of Mudryk's 32 chances created, just 3 resulted in a shot that should have been a goal. In fairness to him, one could argue that the other 29 chances were possibly excellent crosses or cutbacks that were missed by our other attackers, which probably isn't untrue either.

Long story short, both these players have a 1/10 chance of making an assist and a 9/10 chance of being a waste of money.

Edited by SydneyChelsea

Karim Adeyemi (LW/S) 22 year old --- Versatile forward who has not regained his form since moving to Dortmund and has been rather inconsistent.

On 4 February 2023, he was recorded as the Bundesliga's fastest-ever player at 36.65 kilometres per hour (22.77 mph) during a match against Freiburg.  

Some news outlets are reporting we are in ‘talks’ with him. BVB are said to value him at a relatively low €30m (£25m). So at this point i think the most attractive thing about him is the price. He is relatively cheap by today's standards.

5 hours ago, TheCeleryKing said:

Karim Adeyemi (LW/S) 22 year old --- Versatile forward who has not regained his form since moving to Dortmund and has been rather inconsistent.

On 4 February 2023, he was recorded as the Bundesliga's fastest-ever player at 36.65 kilometres per hour (22.77 mph) during a match against Freiburg.  

Some news outlets are reporting we are in ‘talks’ with him. BVB are said to value him at a relatively low €30m (£25m). So at this point i think the most attractive thing about him is the price. He is relatively cheap by today's standards.

He isn’t better than Murdyk so we are effectively just adding more dross. Our business this summer has been weird, we have signed 6 players and spent £78m but haven’t improved the squad. 

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

He isn’t better than Murdyk so we are effectively just adding more dross. Our business this summer has been weird, we have signed 6 players and spent £78m but haven’t improved the squad. 

Yeah,I am not sure that we need him at all.  But I think we have improved the squad a bit. . .maybe?

19 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Long story short, both these players have a 1/10 chance of making an assist and a 9/10 chance of being a waste of money.

Lmao...

11 hours ago, TheCeleryKing said:

That's what I'm saying...I don't think he's for us, he's a "commodity" to make a profit off later. 

I think we have to separate the rumours and accept that their "traiding" stock is mixed in with potential players for the club.

15 hours ago, ducavis said:

Might be unpopular but i don't actually think we need to upgrade the squad that much, so long as we sort out the injuries issue. 

4 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Lol, this dude seems like the most unpopular transfer target of recent times.

Not that I disagree!

Lets be honest, on here we could be linked to Vini Jr and a large chunk would say he isn't strong enough to hack the physicality of the premier league or some other tripe

7 hours ago, Ukraine Bolt said:

Might be unpopular but i don't actually think we need to upgrade the squad that much, so long as we sort out the injuries issue. 

Agreed. LW being an alleged priority is strange considering the options we have there. Excluding Mudryk and Sterling, we have Jackson and Nkunku who can play there in various roles (Touch line winger & Inside forward). There is also Tyrique George who I am hoping gets a decent run this preseason. 

Think the only thing that is necessary is LB. 

From what I know... In the 2021-22 season, Adeyemi excelled for RB Salzburg, emerging as their best player by scoring 23 goals (19 in the league and 4 in the Champions League) and making 6 assists. He also played 4 games for Germany, scoring once and providing an assist.

In the second half of the 2022-23 season, he became one of Borussia Dortmund's key players, scoring 9 goals and providing 5 assists.

Last season, 2023-24, he was slightly less effective due to injuries, but he played a crucial role in Borussia's Champions League campaign. Overall, he scored 5 goals and provided 3 assists. He did miss nearly 14 Bundesliga games last season due to ankle and muscle injuries.

At only 22 years old, our Sporting Directors likely see great potential in him. He has the potential to explode and start overperforming, although, as with many young players, it is a bit of a gamble.