Palmieri

Unless this guy great potential, it feels like another one of those average player signing. How good was he before he got injured? He only played like 15 minutes this season, so he won't be ready for a real game for a month probably. So Kennedy and Baba will go on loan and we get a player of the same age group, and probably the same skill level, how's that going to help us in the long term? We'd have 4 left wing backs if things go well, or bid for Sandro again if the experiment fails. Zapacosta played on the left a few times, Kennedy looked ok in the cup games, surely we could just give them a few more games instead of spending, when the budget is tight.

55 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Unless this guy great potential, it feels like another one of those average player signing. How good was he before he got injured? He only played like 15 minutes this season, so he won't be ready for a real game for a month probably. So Kennedy and Baba will go on loan and we get a player of the same age group, and probably the same skill level, how's that going to help us in the long term? We'd have 4 left wing backs if things go well, or bid for Sandro again if the experiment fails. Zapacosta played on the left a few times, Kennedy looked ok in the cup games, surely we could just give them a few more games instead of spending, when the budget is tight.

I don’t watch loads of serie a these days if I’m being honest, but from what Roma fans and Italian journos say, before his injury, he was one of the best left backs in the league - up there with Alex Sandro. In fact, he was touted as juve’s replacement if we signed Sandro.

So I’m happy for once to be cutting out the middle man. A bit like with Dave.

Would I have liked Sandro, of course. But signing Sandro would essentially be saying to alonso, “your time is up”. Alonso is the top scoring defender in the league over 18 months and not someone you sit on the bench for 90% of the games.

This guy should give us two very good quality (if not world class) left wing backs to compete with each other.

Given our board’s current spending habits, if it’s a choice between...

a) Sandro 50m

b) Palmieri and Dzeko 50m

...you have to go for plan B.

I personally think we need a proper world class upgrade and rwb but conte seems content with Moses.

Edited by Adamrb

6 hours ago, Adamrb said:

I don’t watch loads of serie a these days if I’m being honest, but from what Roma fans and Italian journos say, before his injury, he was one of the best left backs in the league - up there with Alex Sandro. In fact, he was touted as juve’s replacement if we signed Sandro.

I feel like they are overrating him. Every video I've seen of him on youtube has been massively underwhelming, I'm not even sure I'd rate him above Kenedy based on the "best" clips that I've seen so far.

Could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is just another backup, like Zappacosta.

6 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I feel like they are overrating him. Every video I've seen of him on youtube has been massively underwhelming, I'm not even sure I'd rate him above Kenedy based on the "best" clips that I've seen so far.

Could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is just another backup, like Zappacosta.

I only watched part of the highlight clip that was posted earlier in the thread, and it seemed like he had some good dribbling ability and pace.  Have the videos you’ve watched shown anything in regards to his defending and positioning abilities?  Curious if he will help us there.

I don't think you can compare him to zappacosta tbh. I don't know much about him, but he was considered one of the best up and coming left backs in Europe last season, and he's been linked with a few big moves. 

I've seen his You tube clips, he looks neat and tidy, decent delivery and shot, good physique, fast and athletic. Not seen much of him defensively, but it's not something I would be particularly worried about, as im sure it will improve under conte. 

Just hope the all injury doesn't hold him back. 

2 hours ago, big blue said:

I don't think you can compare him to zappacosta tbh. I don't know much about him, but he was considered one of the best up and coming left backs in Europe last season, and he's been linked with a few big moves. 

I've seen his You tube clips, he looks neat and tidy, decent delivery and shot, good physique, fast and athletic. Not seen much of him defensively, but it's not something I would be particularly worried about, as im sure it will improve under conte. 

Just hope the all injury doesn't hold him back. 

Even if he's not brilliant defensively, it's not something i am too worried about. Alonso and Moses aren't exactly great defensively either. Pace, movement, passing, delivery, link up play, these are the things that are going to determine if he is good enough or not for us.

1 hour ago, The Don Antonio said:

This guy has only played one game for Roma this season and is being benched by Kolarov. Why the fukc do people beleive every chelsea rumor. If you think we are after this scrub then we are also after Caroll , Crouch, Barnes.. Good Grief

The only reason why he has played one game this season is because he had a bad injury. He's just recently returned from it.

8 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

This guy has only played one game for Roma this season and is being benched by Kolarov. Why the fukc do people beleive every chelsea rumor. If you think we are after this scrub then we are also after Caroll , Crouch, Barnes.. Good Grief

You’re making yourself look like abit of an idiot. Emerson and Dzeko will be confirmed this week

Edited by dansubrosa

9 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

I'd say i'm pretty confident this is going to happen. Right now we are pretty thin at LWB. Conte clearly doesn't see kenedy as an option beyond cup games so we need somthing