Thoughts about the new kits and Nike as sponsor?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I much prefer Addias kits to Nike ones, I don't like Nike stuff in general, I find there footwear uncomfortable.

Same here, never got on with Nike trainers, but love Adidas. Had some Ivan Lendel back in the 80s favourite shoe ever, apart from blue gazelles, wore them everywhere in the second division...

photos stolen from internet

7307B88E-C3CD-4843-91D2-1D7477F9D576.jpeg

ED4F311E-57E8-4CFA-AC89-EDAFE1142402.jpeg

Edited by Shug

7 hours ago, Shug said:

Same here, never got on with Nike trainers, but love Adidas. Had some Ivan Lendel back in the 80s favourite shoe ever, apart from blue gazelles, wore them everywhere in the second division...

There is nothing more comfortable then a pair of Nike Air Max's. 

18 hours ago, Shug said:

classics, just bought a new pair of light blue gazelles to wear with shorts during the summer, another classic 80's trainer Puma G vilas, with a pair lois cords 

21 hours ago, Delnino said:

I dont buy any Nike gear, I think theyre stuff is awful.

As long as theyre paying top dollar to make kits for Chelsea then f**k it, I can get on board with the jersey, I still wont buy it mind you. :)

same here, always thought Nike gear was for women and rappers!

48 minutes ago, chi blue said:

classics, just bought a new pair of light blue gazelles to wear with shorts during the summer, another classic 80's trainer Puma G vilas, with a pair lois cords 

Don't know bout you but I'm at an age now where I don't often wear trainers to football anymore. Normally Red Wing boots, loafers  brogues or desert boots for me now.

Gazelles are still timeless however.

Edited by Ewell CFC

I agree with a lot of the things said here but I do like Nike in general so this design was a big let down for me and I think that such a big company name should really make long sleeve shirts too so a lot of things dont feel right, but hey the club got more money so...

6 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Don't know bout you but I'm at an age now where I don't often wear trainers to football anymore. Normally Red Wing boots, loafers  brogues or desert boots for me now.

Gazelles are still timeless however.

Funny that, I'm 50 next year (don't look it?)and I'm thinking maybe to old for trainers to games, but being of the era where you wear your finest gear to games, and still clinging hold of my youth I'm gonna buy another piece of classic casual footwear, kicker boots!

Gone off track a bit, but regarding the shirt, I personally think it's a shocker. To think some idiot designer got paid fortunes to produce that! Shame people dont just boycott it, I appreciate though shirts are for the children and they want the newest kit even if it is sh*te

• 4 weeks later...

Better an ugly home kit than another boring blue kit. In 10 years time no one will remember our shirts for the last 2 years. But they will remember this one.

In 20 years time, it will be a collectors item. 

Edited by benjsross