Jump to content

Random Rumours


Money
 Share

Recommended Posts

Don't think Dortmund will sell Haaland now that Sancho has gone. They really don't want to lose both in the same window and €90m is enough cash to replace him or strengthen in other areas considering they still have Hazard and Reus.

I don't want transfers for the sake of it, realistically either we're unearthing some gem, buying an average player or over paying for someone because the market is still crazy. 

I wouldn't be opposed to going into the season with our current striking options if Tammy stays. Otherwise I can't really see who we buy Lukaku wants to stay at Inter and Kane is being valued at £200m like seriously how can Levy seriously believe its better to keep Kane than take £100m and a decent player(s) in exchange.

Think City will retaliate to this deal expect them to go in hard for Kane or Grealish I don't buy the idea they can get both both £100m each this isn't fifa although, with ffp currently suspended and the fact they didn't spend heavy last summer things could get interesting.

My choice would be if Haaland can't leave this summer tap him up and get him on side and do the same with Kylian in case he doesn't sign the psg extension. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Don't think Dortmund will sell Haaland now that Sancho has gone. They really don't want to lose both in the same window and €90m is enough cash to replace him or strengthen in other areas considering they still have Hazard and Reus.

I don't want transfers for the sake of it, realistically either we're unearthing some gem, buying an average player or over paying for someone because the market is still crazy. 

I wouldn't be opposed to going into the season with our current striking options if Tammy stays. Otherwise I can't really see who we buy Lukaku wants to stay at Inter and Kane is being valued at £200m like seriously how can Levy seriously believe its better to keep Kane than take £100m and a decent player(s) in exchange.

Think City will retaliate to this deal expect them to go in hard for Kane or Grealish I don't buy the idea they can get both both £100m each this isn't fifa although, with ffp currently suspended and the fact they didn't spend heavy last summer things could get interesting.

My choice would be if Haaland can't leave this summer tap him up and get him on side and do the same with Kylian in case he doesn't sign the psg extension. 

 

 

Sadly I just don’t think mbappe and haaland see us as a big enough club compared to Utd city Barca and real. Sad but true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

Sadly I just don’t think mbappe and haaland see us as a big enough club compared to Utd city Barca and real. Sad but true

Not necessarily bro, 100% a player needs to be convinced of the project. When you're wanted by everyone your choice has to be very smart. It's why Eden chose us make no mistake winning UCL put us in a certain bracket of clubs but we also had a good project in place and no matter how you look at it after several mangers and various trophies the project was a success.

Hazard elevated his status to one of the best in the world brought us a cool £130m basically £100m profit and we used it to start a new project that in its first year won us the very same prize that had begun the previous one.

It's important to have these success stories with not only managers and trophies but wonder kids also. Yes KDB, Salah and Lukaku didn't work out. It didn't stop Pulisic or Havertz from wanting to join us.

It's all about what we can offer them in the short and long term, is it guarantee success is it a sustainable business model and team? Will they be preferential treatment? Will they be the franchise player i.e will this be their team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Messi officially a free agent now…

Offer him 200k a week, 2 year contract, lifetime supply of pork scratchings. Sorted.

£200k/W? That is almost what he makes in a day. There are only 2 other clubs that would ever entertain those wages, thankfully we are not 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Adamrb said:

Sadly I just don’t think mbappe and haaland see us as a big enough club compared to Utd city Barca and real. Sad but true

Why? We have proven for the past 15 years now that we have significant pulling power. We are part of the elite now, have been for a long time. You don't sign young players like Robben, Hazard and Havertz and sign top names like Makelele, Crespo, Shevchenko, Cole, Ballack, Torres, Fabregas, Kante and Djilobodji if you aren't amongst the big names when it comes to pulling power. I would argue that our big name signings have been better than United's since Abramovich arrived, probably bigger than Barcelona's too seeing as most of their best players have been from their own academy.

Edited by Scott Harris
Link to comment
Share on other sites


When we buy big name they rarely work for us.

Shevchenko and Torroes breing examples.

On the other hand reasonable unknwkns like Fleck and Stton also underperformed.

This seems more like an art recruiting players.

London does not compare favourably with Milan, Barcelona or some other destinations.

Money and your manager can be an influence.

Apparently RA still thinks we can get Haaland according to some of the the press.  I hope he is not being strung along.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Don't think Dortmund will sell Haaland now that Sancho has gone. They really don't want to lose both in the same window and €90m is enough cash to replace him or strengthen in other areas considering they still have Hazard and Reus.

If Dortmund don't sell Haaland this year his buy out clause kicks in next summer when they'd be forced to accept any offers of £70m. 

Only way they can get around this would be if Haaland signed a new contract but that's unlikely. 

So Dortmund have to decide if one more season with Haaland is worth losing out on £60/70m worth of income. Historically Dortmund have shown a tendancy to spend less than their outgoing sales. The oppotnity to make £200m from selling just 2 players following a season of reduced income from the pandemic might prove too good an oppotunity to turn down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If Dortmund don't sell Haaland this year his buy out clause kicks in next summer when they'd be forced to accept any offers of £70m. 

Only way they can get around this would be if Haaland signed a new contract but that's unlikely. 

So Dortmund have to decide if one more season with Haaland is worth losing out on £60/70m worth of income. Historically Dortmund have shown a tendancy to spend less than their outgoing sales. The oppotnity to make £200m from selling just 2 players following a season of reduced income from the pandemic might prove too good an oppotunity to turn down. 


Dortmund's financial situation is somewhat precarious due to the pandemic. Were it not for the Ousmane Dembele money some years ago they'd be in crisis for sure.

On one hand Haaland is a big earner, smashing their previous wage structure, and another year of his wages probably puts the "loss" closer to  £80m. Suppose they sell both Haaland and Sancho;  that's £150m to invest in keeping the club afloat and a healthy £50m transfer budget. £200m in this market may be the difference between Dortmund being the next Schalke and securing its long-term financial future.

Haaland alone isn't going to win them a title against a Nagelsmann-led Bayern Munich. Bayern will likely be one of the first clubs knocking when that release clause activates - waiting another season could lead to a real awkward twist of fate. Dortmund's problem is that RB Leipzig can do everything they can do but with more money, and that puts them on a timer for being successful.

On the other hand,  £72m (+ bonuses, you'd imagine) for Sancho is a decent sum on its own. Sure, Haaland goes for cheaper next season, but ~ £150m isn't exactly crying poor. They could reinvest that into the club, betting that Gio Reyna and Jude Bellingham are also likely to attract mega-money transfers in a few years time. Haaland gives them a better chance of going deep in the Champions League and that's additional revenue again.

Either way you look at it Dortmund are in a winning position, which only really means one thing - we need to pay up or shut up.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If Dortmund don't sell Haaland this year his buy out clause kicks in next summer when they'd be forced to accept any offers of £70m. 

Only way they can get around this would be if Haaland signed a new contract but that's unlikely. 

So Dortmund have to decide if one more season with Haaland is worth losing out on £60/70m worth of income. Historically Dortmund have shown a tendancy to spend less than their outgoing sales. The oppotnity to make £200m from selling just 2 players following a season of reduced income from the pandemic might prove too good an oppotunity to turn down. 

I'm inclined to agree, thing is Roman is apparently involved in this deal. I think it will be a long drawn out saga I don't want to get people's hopes up or jinx it but, it should be an interesting summer one way or the other.

I believe the reports Haaland is interested in us, I'm not sure about the ones that say we have agreed personal terms. I think knowing he would be the record transfer to England would be a big ego boost for him. Also he wants q challenge and being a top striker at Chelsea is pretty much as hard as it gets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If Dortmund don't sell Haaland this year his buy out clause kicks in next summer when they'd be forced to accept any offers of £70m. 

Only way they can get around this would be if Haaland signed a new contract but that's unlikely. 

So Dortmund have to decide if one more season with Haaland is worth losing out on £60/70m worth of income. Historically Dortmund have shown a tendancy to spend less than their outgoing sales. The oppotnity to make £200m from selling just 2 players following a season of reduced income from the pandemic might prove too good an oppotunity to turn down. 

Can't help wondering if Madrid have signed a pre-contract as in they have first choice on Haaland next season and have agreed to pay x amount over his £70m buyout figure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Can't help wondering if Madrid have signed a pre-contract as in they have first choice on Haaland next season and have agreed to pay x amount over his £70m buyout figure. 

Madrid are skint, a Haaland type deal would drown them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Madrid are skint, a Haaland type deal would drown them. 

Well there is something strange happening.

Headlines that have appeared over the last few weeks:

  • Haaland does not want to go to Chelsea.
  • No offers received.
  • Haaland agrees personal terms with Chelsea.
  • Haaland's agent has negotiations with Madrid.
  • RA to personally negotiate the Haaland transfer.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Madrid are skint, a Haaland type deal would drown them. 

They always find the money and they can raise it with some of the fringe players they have, have a look who’s there.


He won’t be joining us unless we pay 120m + AND have an agreed buy out clause put into the contract (which would be resisted by the club)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Madrid are skint, a Haaland type deal would drown them. 

Doesn’t mean they won’t secure the funding which I expect them to do next season. As bad as Barca’s books are, they secured a €500m loan from Goldman Sachs in May. I expect Madrid to go the same route next year if they require funding for both Mbappe & Haaland

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More of an opinion than a rumour but we spent heavily last summer after not spending the one before.

We have a huge wage bill, no income on match day. Maybe we simply cannot afford to bring in players without significant sales first to ease the wage bill but are stuck with Baka, Drinkwater, Batman etc on big wages.

Eventually wasted money has to catch up with even us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

More of an opinion than a rumour but we spent heavily last summer after not spending the one before.

We have a huge wage bill, no income on match day. Maybe we simply cannot afford to bring in players without significant sales first to ease the wage bill but are stuck with Baka, Drinkwater, Batman etc on big wages.

Eventually wasted money has to catch up with even us.

When you win the Champions League I would expect sponsorship revenues to increase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

When you win the Champions League I would expect sponsorship revenues to increase.

You would think so. Could also be TT only wanted to add significant quality or he would rather not sign.

Maybe he really rates Lukaku, Rice and players like this but if we cannot get them he said not to bother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


38 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

You would think so. Could also be TT only wanted to add significant quality or he would rather not sign.

Maybe he really rates Lukaku, Rice and players like this but if we cannot get them he said not to bother.

Would be great if we were only looking at quality rather than settling. We should have learned from recent seasons that we have some cracking young players who can fill squad roles, we don't need Barkley, Drinkwater et al. 

For mine this summer we probably need three players 1. Striker 2. CM 3. CB. Those are centrepiece players for the next five seasons. If you only managed one that would be fine, but I'd prefer we bought one good one than three average ones who don't really improve what we have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Stumbling block on Haaland appears to be the get out clause the agent wants inserted if this has any accuracy -

https://www.football365.com/news/haaland-expects-chelsea-transfer-raiola-problem

If that were true it would follow along with what has been written before. That Haaland and his agent dont see us as a top club to stop a fair while with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Heard Goretzka is available for a cut price given his contract is up next year .. surely better option than rice!

I would love that transfer over Rice.

But he is a total different profile. Much more offensive minded and I believe they are looking now for a defensive minded player. 

Still hoping Ndidi here. Putting him next to Kanté and nobody passes our mid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!