Random Rumours

Money

14 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Personally I think both Gallagher and Ampadu should be involved with the first team for at least the first half of the season. 

Allow TT a good look at them and to decide whether he feels they are good enough to remain squad players, have potential but need more loan time, or are just not likely to arrive e at the level we need and should sell them.

Ampadu gives us a cover for Jorgi, and an option in the back 3 as well having played for shelf United in both positions and also fro Wales as well in both.

Gallagher gives us a box to box midfielder to learn from, and gives breaks to, both Kante and Kovacic.

Amps, Gallagher, Guehi, Broja will all be looked at during preseason. So exciting to see the amount of talent just waiting to break through. I would prefer if they hold on to Gallagher and send Billy on loan for some consistent game time. 

34 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

Hahaha I'd forgotten all about that.

You're obviously not the only one. Sarri did too.

On a serious note, if the rumour is true, it just shows what a kind and professional guy Sarri is. Maybe a bit baroque, for the lack of a better word, but extrmeley like- and relatable imho.

15 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

Kepa had a decent season under Sarri. It was the following season when it all went titts up for him.

Maybe despite that final misunderstanding Sarri knew how to give him confidence.

Will be amazing if Sarri takes some of the wider squad, yet no mention of Jorginho this time.

11 hours ago

Chelsea ‘lead race for £100m Grealish'

Chelsea are reportedly the favourites to sign Jack Grealish this summer.

Aston Villa face a stiff battle to keep hold of their star captain, currently on international duty with England at Euro 2020, who is also attracting significant attention from the likes of Manchester City and Manchester United.

However, reports from Spain cited by The Mirror suggest that Chelsea are now leading the race for Grealish, who will command a massive transfer fee of around £100m.

:huh2:

#Chelsea are interested in Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic as an alternative to Harry Kane and Erling Haaland. It would take a bid of £35M  to secure his signature, with Manchester United also interested in the forward. 

[via @DExpress_Sport]

Jovia’s seemed to be hot property before his Real Madrid move. Hasn’t seemed to work out. If we can’t get Haaland or Lukaku, is he worth a punt for £20-30m?

16 minutes ago, JM7 said:

#Chelsea are interested in Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic as an alternative to Harry Kane and Erling Haaland. It would take a bid of £35M  to secure his signature, with Manchester United also interested in the forward. 

[via @DExpress_Sport]

Jovia’s seemed to be hot property before his Real Madrid move. Hasn’t seemed to work out. If we can’t get Haaland or Lukaku, is he worth a punt for £20-30m?

As far as I'm concerned if we don't get first choice striker don't bother on anyone else, we will be making a mistake if we think overwise. 

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

[via @DExpress_Sport]

Please don't. He's basically another Werner. 

2 hours ago, Deino said:

Please don't. He's basically another Werner. 

Don't trust anything express says bro, especially unconfirmed transfer rumours. That said he is a different type of striker to Werner. Werner is very much able to play inside fwd and on the wing. Luka is a number 9 through and through.

Similarities would be they can both work well with a target man but Luka is much more comfortable through the middle by himself than Werner.

£35m isn't a bad price, if we can't get Haaland until next season I wouldn't mind a loan with an option to buy if we lose Giroud. I'd be happy going into the next season (assuming we can't get in our primary targets) with Tammy, Timo and Kai alongside a loan option like Jovic.

Is it amazing maybe not but, the guy was looking like a top striker prospect 2 years ago and whatever happened with Zidane must have really got to him.

3 hours ago, Gentian said:

Aleksander Isak has being impressive. Has the physicality, pace, skill and can score goal. Not to mention he is still young. 

Has a 70mill euro clause at Sociedad

23 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Don't trust anything express says bro, especially unconfirmed transfer rumours. That said he is a different type of striker to Werner. Werner is very much able to play inside fwd and on the wing. Luka is a number 9 through and through.

Similarities would be they can both work well with a target man but Luka is much more comfortable through the middle by himself than Werner.

£35m isn't a bad price, if we can't get Haaland until next season I wouldn't mind a loan with an option to buy if we lose Giroud. I'd be happy going into the next season (assuming we can't get in our primary targets) with Tammy, Timo and Kai alongside a loan option like Jovic.

Is it amazing maybe not but, the guy was looking like a top striker prospect 2 years ago and whatever happened with Zidane must have really got to him.

Is he really that different? He plays primarily on the left feeding off Haller's knockdowns.

I know have this caution when Bundesliga players come to the PL. Can't afford another dud at this point

3 hours ago, Deino said:

Is he really that different? He plays primarily on the left feeding off Haller's knockdowns.

I know have this caution when Bundesliga players come to the PL. Can't afford another dud at this point

Timo's not a dud though? You know how it is smaller build strikers always play that role with a bigger target man but he can play through the middle no doubt. His game isn't as reliant on his pace as Timo.

I wouldn't write off Jovic who came into a weirdly balanced Real squad. They paid much too much for him, seemingly had no idea how to integrate him into the system (did they even have one bar their individuals?) and he got a huge backpack coming in after Ronaldo left + Benzema put on his goalscoring shoes.

If not too pricey I think he can be a good, rotating squad player. Imho a better fit than Tammy for Tuchel which would help already. Of course Haaland's qualties are in another dimension but if that Norwegian dude ain't available it's not that bad a shout (maybe even on loan?).

10 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Timo's not a dud though? You know how it is smaller build strikers always play that role with a bigger target man but he can play through the middle no doubt. His game isn't as reliant on his pace as Timo.

Timo is 50-50 at best right now. Maybe it's me but Jovic doesn't even have the benefit of good stats, he had 1 season in the double figures. 

1 hour ago, Deino said:

Timo is 50-50 at best right now. Maybe it's me but Jovic doesn't even have the benefit of good stats, he had 1 season in the double figures. 

My only issue with Timo has been his lack of confidence and thereby poor finishing. Everything else he's been great. Jovic I'm not specifically convinced he is the answer to our issues but, looking at the market getting him in for a loan (which we haven't even be linked with doing) would be a decent shout imo only if we can't get any of our primary targets.

I have to say Lukaku is proving a few wrong on here that didn't want him, sure we all want Haaland but, if we can't get him surely Lukaku and Kane are the next best thing. The only issue is their age imo since they've both in their prime now and command a fee similar to Erling who is several years younger.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

You're early with the doom and gloom :biggrin:

It is very early but I must admit, our key targets seem very difficult to attain this summer. So I know what mojo is saying. Probably not helped by reading Utd have a good chance of getting Sancho and Varane/Pau Torres, while City are pushing hard for Kane.   

I could see Grealish coming here, imagine him and Mount swapping sides mid-match.

Also could see the right back Hakimi coming and Gerard Moreno of Villa Real.

Of course until it happens all just speculation.

On 22/06/2021 at 18:53, LongtimerLurker said:

My only issue with Timo has been his lack of confidence and thereby poor finishing. Everything else he's been great. Jovic I'm not specifically convinced he is the answer to our issues but, looking at the market getting him in for a loan (which we haven't even be linked with doing) would be a decent shout imo only if we can't get any of our primary targets.

I have to say Lukaku is proving a few wrong on here that didn't want him, sure we all want Haaland but, if we can't get him surely Lukaku and Kane are the next best thing. The only issue is their age imo since they've both in their prime now and command a fee similar to Erling who is several years younger.

That's fair on Jovic.

For Lukaku, he added one trophy after a successful transfer window for Inter. I don't see how he is proving anyone wrong.