Random Rumours

Money

Might as well just sign Ronaldo for a few seasons, since Juve might miss out on CL football (assuming we get it of course!). At least you know he'll score.

As far as I know he hasn't been linked with us, but Matheus Pereira has impressed me every time I have watched WBA. He is excellent with set pieces and has a really good shot on him. Would be a good option for the squad on the wing.

Posted (edited)

Reports out there of Chelsea interest, and more specifically Tuchel’s interest, in Wolfsburg CB Maxence Lacroix. Don’t know much about him but from a brief video analysis I watched, he’s big, strong, capable on the ball, and won’t be overly expensive.

Edited by mwblue10

I think Bale would offer us an additional attacking ability yet he would be out for a fair time with his injury weakness.

The other point I don't see him closing down and so if we have a Lukuaku as a striker don't think Bale would be such an asset.

Now if Haaland were to join us then maybe Bale would work.

These type of considerations will be a factor in any comings and goings for me.

Maybe i'm the only one here

But I don't really want many new signings (if any). 

The team is winning and doing well and unless an incoming player is a significant and substantial upgrade over what we already have, I don't see the point in disturbing team balance and deny more opportunities to an already fairly deep squad to bring more players that are similar or only slightly better than what we already have.

If a generational player like Haaland comes available and is eager to move to us, then that would be different. But I wouldn't want Bale or even Hazard back at this point unless the finances of the deal were absolutely compelling

31 minutes ago, TheGreatestGame said:

I don't understand the interest in Traore. James is a much better CB/WB and Traore has no finishing skills as a forward. 

Just competition/back up for James. Its another player that the opposition have to think about because of his speed, he's actually not a bad crosser and can defend. He would improve under Tuchel and im sure he won't complain about being a back up. He's a good tool to have in the squad.

1 hour ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Just competition/back up for James. Its another player that the opposition have to think about because of his speed, he's actually not a bad crosser and can defend. He would improve under Tuchel and im sure he won't complain about being a back up. He's a good tool to have in the squad.

Decent option, but at the quoted price of 50 million I'd stay away. 

Also I'd like CHO to be given a go at RWB again. I feel like he could be a recent more attacking alternative to James. Curious as to why TT stopped using him there alltogether as I feel he did quite well most of the time he played there.

4 hours ago, TheGreatestGame said:

I don't understand the interest in Traore. James is a much better CB/WB and Traore has no finishing skills as a forward. 

It might be a sign that CHO is likely to move on though I also struggle to see if he is the right fit.

2 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

Decent option, but at the quoted price of 50 million I'd stay away. 

Also I'd like CHO to be given a go at RWB again. I feel like he could be a recent more attacking alternative to James. Curious as to why TT stopped using him there alltogether as I feel he did quite well most of the time he played there.

I agree 100%, i wouldnt want us to pay more then 25-30 million for him. Callum needs to go on loan and play 30 games in the PL.

On 01/06/2021 at 12:32, TheGreatestGame said:

It's like Hulk all over again. We are linked with him in every transfer window. I have made my opinions clear about Adama Traore over the years, I don't think he is good enough. He's quick and powerful, thats it. I don't see any other part of his game that makes him top 6 material. 

On 01/06/2021 at 21:22, True Blue23 said:

CHO is still young and way too good to be a RWB. This is almost identical to the decision that led to Obi Mikel becoming an average DM