Jump to content

Random Rumours


Recommended Posts


5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Can we not just sell a player? Emerson, Baka, Batman, Zappa etc etc seems every single player we want to move on is either a loan or we are stuck with them.

Who would buy them? The market is dead. 

I imagine all of them have loan deals lined up but we are pushing hard to see if anyone buys them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Who would buy them? The market is dead. 

I imagine all of them have loan deals lined up but we are pushing hard to see if anyone buys them. 

Exactly. We're not the only ones struggling to sell players.. And it's not like it's a bunch of world class footballers we're looking to move, everyone knows the likes of Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater etc don't have a chance in hell of getting back into the squad so loan is often the best we can hope for because even if it's just removing their wages from the payroll for a season it's still better than nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

A loan fee and wages completely off the books is good enough at this point. Though I do think we will sell at least a couple players.

Yep the bonus is a lot of clubs will be desperate to sign players on loans so it's just getting their massive wages down that's the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Deino said:

Let's stop signing players now and start selling to build for next year's window.

Heard Mbappe wants out of PSG by the end of the season. He'd be massive for us

No chance. He would cost waaayy too much money and unlikely to sign for us. He’s a Real Madrid/Barca type signing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Martinez was decent cover for Leno but he was never going to be a no 1 for a club like us, no disrespect. The difference is only 4 mil, and 20 mil overall isn't really a gamble for Mendy.

Edited by Malcolm9
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, driller97 said:

These 2 shouldn't though, they are pretty poor on the wings.

Werner and Havertz can both play wings if need be, and thats more than enough

Mount isn't a natural winger but I think he done well playing on the left of a front 3 at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2020 at 08:50, Malcolm9 said:

Mount isn't a natural winger but I think he done well playing on the left of a front 3 at times.

Mount is not a forward. He has horrible finishing skills. Another example yesterday where he bottled two prime scoring chances missing the net entirely on both of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2020 at 18:45, chiefBlueCFC said:

Don't see many 'random rumours' going on in here right now lol

How about Houssem Aouar lot of clubs after him, don't know much about him myself but arse tried and failed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/01/eduardo-camavinga-most-exciting-teenager-football-rennes-france

Plays for Rennes, overhead kick goal for France last night, 17. Can play as a 6 or an 8. 

Surely this is who we should be trying to line up next Summer instead of Rice?

 

I admit, I have not watched a second of him play 

Edited by bisright1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/01/eduardo-camavinga-most-exciting-teenager-football-rennes-france

Plays for Rennes, overhead kick goal for France last night, 17. Can play as a 6 or an 8. 

Surely this is who we should be trying to line up next Summer instead of Rice?

 

I admit, I have not watched a second of him play 

He looks superb. Not enough time to seriously judge but an amazing goal on the link in the Guardian article. He looks more like an attacking midfielder than a box to box. Maybe he has it all. At 17 he looks big and strong. 

I don't get the Rice rumours completely. If Ampadu has a good season at Sheffield he can easily play the defensive midfield role. Maybe Lamps needs to take a closer look at Amps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andy North said:

He looks superb. Not enough time to seriously judge but an amazing goal on the link in the Guardian article. He looks more like an attacking midfielder than a box to box. Maybe he has it all. At 17 he looks big and strong. 

I don't get the Rice rumours completely. If Ampadu has a good season at Sheffield he can easily play the defensive midfield role. Maybe Lamps needs to take a closer look at Amps.

Apparently he's played as a 6 all season for rennes but he prefers to play as an 8. 

That sounds like the right type of profile for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...