Alan Davies upsets the precious.....

bonetti

Been following this on another forum and twitter, the dippers really are a bunch of utter mentalists. One even badgered him into giving a £1000 to the Justice thingy, then hammered him for doing it as PR. f**king nutters.

Exactly, they won't play on Hillsborough yet we cannot postpone our game which means we will have to play our second string for some of our games due to the crammed fixture list, possibly ruining our already slim chances against Barcelona EUFAlona. 4 Games in 11 days for Chelsea because the dippers can't play on Hillsborough, it was a tragedy but if every team did this we would be struggling to find dates we can play on.

Edited by Nonro

Love it how an actual neutral/rival talks complete common sense about the absolute farce of fixtures plus the goings on with Liverpool, Only to be riled and sensationalized by newspapers, Then sent death threats and completely harassed beyond a joke by Liverpool fans - The exact same lot who are supposedly offended by his mundane comments on a very good point!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daglish questioning the referees 'integrity' as the reason for there position in the league sums the club up for me.

Lost all respect for that club now.

Daglish took Liverpool to greatness - Now hes pulling the entire club to the graveyard.

Add in the Suarez farce plus the £130 odd million spent in one summer and it is pretty clear that club is in absolute decline.

Edited by Bigthrobberus

I totally agree with the bin dippers - in addition Sheffield Wednesday should receive a 10-point deduction and a court date for desecrating such a sacred venue by playing football there every week.

Edited by PloKoon13

That video shpws three minutes of sheer common sense! Give the man a medal!

What she said.

If the dippers are abusing him for speaking his mind and speaking sense, well, that's hardly surprising.

What is it they say? Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing?

Credit to him for saying what precious few other pundits and commentators have dared to. The avalanche of abuse he got for it was unsurprising. Hillsborough was a tragic day, yet life does go on. Rangers, United and Bradford have also been involved in similar tragedies with major loss of life and they play on the anniversary date if they have to. Life doesn't come to a standstill in Britain and the US on the anniversaries of 7/7 and 9/11. Why must Liverpool always be a special case? Interestingly, it hasn't stopped them playing friendlies on the Heysel anniversary in the past.

I think this is all a load of fuss over nothing, that he must have expected the minute he opened his mouth.

Liverpool are a ridiculous club, but I really don't think there's any ulterior motive to them not playing on the day, and as such I think it is a sign of civility that the footballing world allows them to do so. Who are we to tell them how to grieve?

I agree there should be fairness in the fixture list, but I don't for a second begrudge them keeping that date sacred.

Fair play to him for advocating fairness despite being a raging Gooner though.

Oh dear, the Scousers getting all tetchy again. Nobody is saying that Hilsborough wasn't awful but not playing on the anniversary is idiotic. If Liverpool FC had any sense they'd play on the anniversary as a way to honor those fans. These were people who loved their football, remembering them by *not* playing is just wrong.

What Davies said was in poor taste but this reaction is boarders on wanting to ban freedom of speech. Voltaire was right when he said:

“I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.â€

So take the money, use it well and stop acting as if he did anything other than act like an idiot.

After all no Liverpool supporters have EVER chanted about the Munich disaster have they? Why, if they had wouldn't that make them the worst kind of hypocrites?

I agree there should be fairness in the fixture list, but I don't for a second begrudge them keeping that date sacred.

But surely our fixtures next week show that you cannot have both? It's very likely that we are either going to go crashing out of the FA Cup, or the Champions League based on our congested fixtures.

Less than 72 hours rest before what's arguably the biggest game of the season? Sigh.

I hate Alan Davies* so this is a win win for me...He gets a scouse fatwa on him, and the dippers get to look silly all over again...

*I remember Frank Lampard writing about how he confronted him after an awards dinner yonks ago...I wish I could find the article again it was a good read...

Edited by SHELLY

He could have put his point across a bit more tactfully, but not a lot wrong with the point he was trying to get across.

Scousers hate freedom of speech if they don't agree with whats being said and are the biggest bunch of internet terrorists going. They'll make his life a misery and he will probably replace Kelvin McKenzie as their bete noire.

On a slightly different subject, Dalglish was his normal charming self during his post match interview last night. He seems to be on a mission to make Liverpool the most hated club in England.

If Liverpool FC had any sense they'd play on the anniversary as a way to honor those fans. These were people who loved their football, remembering them by *not* playing is just wrong.

Very good point. What better way to pay your respects than getting together in the stadium you love, as a family. No good banging on about how much of a family your club is if you choose to mark a day like that sitting at home.

I still stand by what I said about them being able to choose though. It's such an exception, I don't see why it can't be officially recognised and other fixtures moved.

I hate Liverp**l, their attitude just grates on me, but I'd like to think if we as a club wanted to mark a similarly traumatic event in the way we choose, the rest of the football world would do us the same courtesy. I think we're being let down as much by the inflexibility of other fixtures as we are by the dippers.

I still stand by what I said about them being able to choose though. It's such an exception, I don't see why it can't be officially recognised and other fixtures moved.

I agree and disagree.

I agree that if Liverpool wish to mark the anniversary in this way then it should be accommodated however it shouldn't be accommodated in such a way that gives them a particular advantage, or other teams a disadvantage in terms of the football season. If the reshuffling of a fixture does result in this then other fixtures should be moved to ensure it is a level playing field.

I disagree that it is an exception Yes Hillsbrough was a terrible tragedy, the death of 96 people is clearly that and nobody with any common decency would deny that.

However the other incidents (already mentioned) are equally tragic. Ibrox disaster resulted in the loss of 66 lives, Heysel 29 and Bradford 56. If Rangers and Bradford asked for games not to be played on these days then those wishes may, or may not be granted. Given the precedent set by the FA and Liverpool you would like to think those wishes would be granted however I am not convinced.

I think the reason the Liverpool one grates people somewhat is because of the number of years the club stuck their head on the sand about Heysel (and to a large extent still do).

However what none of this should do is detract from the suffering and the loss of the those who died at Hillsbrough and those who lost loved ones.

I completely agree that Liverpool's refusal to play matches on the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster is over the top. Having said that, it is only fair to point out that they won't be sitting at home doing nothing. There will be a memorial service at Anfield on the anniversary and the manager and team will be attending.

My main gripe is that we have to play on the sunday evening at 6 o'clock.

Our match ought to have been brought forward to the Friday evening.