Chelsea v Sparta Prague (EL) 14/02/13 KO 18:00 GMT

JoeyN

As much as its joked about there are some big teams/banana skins here.

Personally after all of Rafas bitching and moaning about the squad being tired ect this is the time to start resting those players. I'd rather get 2nd place as City are there for the taking based on their current form and focus more on the FA cup than the EL.

We should take this very seriously, we have this and the FA Cup as our only legitimate chances of Silverware this season.  there are some great teams still in this, and Athletico have already ripped us apart.

I'd expect us to play a full squad, and then a slightly "lesser" one against brentford

.......................Cech

Dave..........Cahill...Luiz.......Cole

..............Ramires....Lampard

...Moses...........Mata.........Hazard

....................Torres

We should take this very seriously, we have this and the FA Cup as our only legitimate chances of Silverware this season.  there are some great teams still in this, and Athletico have already ripped us apart.

I'd expect us to play a full squad, and then a slightly "lesser" one against brentford

.......................Cech

Dave..........Cahill...Luiz.......Cole

..............Ramires....Lampard

...Moses...........Mata.........Hazard

....................Torres

But more than the cups being in the Champions League next season is priority, and at this rate we'll slip down the pack, struggle for 4th and FSW will blame his tired squat for the cloob not making the CL.

Mata especially needs a rest, considering he had 'a virus' yesterday better to let him rest off, Marin could use a game, Bertrand the same, if were going to pay Benayouns wages 90 minutes out of him isnt much to ask,

Brentford should be a stroll over with our first team out at home, get a goal or two in front and play it around, save legs, stand down players for the second leg then we should be in good shape for Citeh~, with the mood in their camp at the minute they could be there for the taking.

After Munich the EL is going to feel like a tear drop in an ocean. IMO its a tough competition to win and wont be worth the award, the FA Cup is an easier comp to win and would mean more.

The only benefit of this wretched competition is that it gives Super Frank more games to beat the goal record.

The same wretched competition where Falcao has made himself a well known player and Courtois a world class goalkeeper, believe it or not this is actually a world class competition.

As much as its joked about there are some big teams/banana skins here.

Personally after all of Rafas bitching and moaning about the squad being tired ect this is the time to start resting those players. I'd rather get 2nd place as City are there for the taking based on their current form and focus more on the FA cup than the EL.

I think we should be more worried about finishing in the top 4 then taking 2nd place. City may well be playing poor right now but we are a lot worse i think.

Also does anyone know if the 2nd league is going to be televised anywhere ? i have looked and i can't see it televised at all. I'm kinda pissed to be honest because the 2nd leg is at home.

Was skeptical when we ended up in this competition, out of frustration of exiting early in the CL, however we are in it and there is no point saying we don't want to win it because that would be a lie. I do think we should field a strong enough team, expect give players who need a rest one i.e. Mata. Winning this could atleast bring some joy this season, as well as the FA cup and top 4 finish. 

Archived