Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think most of us thought it was heading for row z.

Thinking back to it his was the real surprise of the lot for me.

I just knew Mata would miss. Great player he is he is mostly poor at pens. Frank we knew would score, ash I was 50/50 on, with the drog you dared to dream and believe it was meant to be.

I think most of us thought it was heading for row z.

Thinking back to it his was the real surprise of the lot for me.

I just knew Mata would miss. Great player he is he is mostly poor at pens. Frank we knew would score, ash I was 50/50 on, with the drog you dared to dream and believe it was meant to be.

I was absolutely sure that Cole would score, and probably the best penalty of the lot too.

Eden was good last year, but he wasn't amazing. There were players just as good. This season he's proving he is nowhere near good enough to get close to ronaldo or messi numbers, hell even neymar and bale. I don't even think he's as good as we all thought he was.

Edited by enigma

Sanchez was great considering arsenal's injuries, and also kane. Hazard was part of a team with top quality (supposedly) so he had other dangerous players around him, whereas tottenham and arsenal didn't have that quality.

But neither kept up the consistency that Eden did. I agree we had a better team that those two but Eden carried us at times and continued to play well throughout. Hazard was easily the best player in the PL last season.

Lots and lots of unsavory rumours going around regarding Hazards plummeting form.

They range from possible but deeply disappointing (wanting to sign for Madrid)

To less likely but more anger inducing that he's made a "him or me" ultimatum.

Then there's "not going to dignify this BS by repeating it" rumours.

Media has their spotlight on him now and are going to go all out with speculation. If his form is purely confidence and fitness, this is going to make things even tougher for him.

Or the most likely,
Under a lot of pressure to succeed followed by a lack of confidence.

He doesn't seem to have that ego of a Ronaldo or an Ibrahimovic that allow you to think you are the worlds best even when things aren't going well.

It will turn around though you can't take away class he hasn't just had 1 great season he has had many. He will get back to his best, it's just a question of how long.   

Hazard was pivotal in our title charge last season especially after the turn of the year. He almost single-handedly dragged us past the finish line during that period (obviously the team made valuable contributions too).

Sanchez just happened to be the most outstanding player in a team of selfie-taking babies and it's pretty easy to be the best in Spurs.

On a serious note, both Sanchez and Kane are really good players. However, they lack the talent and consistency (as Bobby just said) that Hazard has.

He's still not as good as guys like Bale and Robben though.

I thought it was a poor decision to take him off early on the weekend,  took the last bit of confidence out of the players on the field. Too take off your best player when the score was level is pretty confidence shattering for all. It's a series of mistakes, he shouldn't have played against Stoke, of course no one would predict how the game ended. Given we have so many players out of form, it's likely Jose will start him again tomorrow, so what's the point of subbing him on the weekend when the game is there to be won? He needs confidence and freedom to do what he's capable of, I would play Matic/Mikel together, give Hazard the free role and tell him to do his thing. I swear it worked wonder on FM :biggrin: