Sky Sports employ another unintelligible moron

PloKoon13

My Facebook status this morning was:

Jamie Carragher has joined the Sky Sports punditry team for next season.

So between them and the BBC we will have him, Redknapp, Sourness, Hansen and Lawrenson... Ex-Liverpool player overload!

No wonder I now prefer streaming my matches from Fox Soccer.

Subtitles all the way. Gillett soccer Saturday has Thompson and fowler, super Sunday have souness redknapp and now carragher. What do we have to fight our corner nobody. Arsenal have Quinn and Smith even merson and Nicholls. Talk about the media being red. It's a joke.

I have to say that I had much the same thoughts when Neville joined Sky.

He may turn out to be really good, but somehow I think he's more likely to be another Redknapp rather than Neville.

I've seen him a couple of times already, possibly on ITV... He wasn't particularly insightful and mostly I was just annoyed by his Scouse accent.

Neviille, although about as big of a mind up merchant as you could find when playing for United instantly showed a deep understanding of the game and he is clearly a fairly clever guy. He has his UEFA coaching badges and outside of football he is clearly a passionate person person as well apparently he is very environment conscious and he has also been making property investments such as funding a hotel near Old Trafford.

Jamie Carragher meanwhile was the guy who retired from England because he wasn't a first choice pick and found himself a country mile behind JT and Ferdinand in the pecking order. He's also, not sure I have mentioned this, an annoying scouser.  

I am lucky here in the U.S., we have Fox Soccer Channel with former U.S. international  Eric Wynalda, who seems to be a bit of a closet Chesea fan, and Warren Barton, who speaks very clearly (that is, without a cockney or scouse accent) and also seems unbiased with respect to the top clubs (but he does have a soft heart from the Barcodes, since he used to play for them).

I bet he'll be good. not as good as neville but far better than jamie redknapp, who seems to have turned being ignored by gullit and souness into an artform.

Now that's damned with faint praise saying he will be better than redknapp. I can never understand carragher though. sounds like a radio being tuned in.

I must be the only one who doesn't rate Neville much.

I think he's the best one out there, I'm sure people will disagree with me on that one! Redknapp is by the far the worst - just atrocious.

I was actually expecting to come in the thread and see a lot of neville bashing but glad to see people put bias aside - he is a brilliant pundit, puts united alligiance to one side, offers decent professional insight and doesnt try to brown nose. Redknapp however seems intent on not criticising anyone so he can come off air and go have a nice chat with them.

I also quite rate Roy Keane who really doesnt give a **** who he criticises, but also offers decent insight. He clearly cant stand the muppets that are Dixon and Southgate next to him though. 

Archived