• Lampard (c)
    • Oscar
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Ba
    • Moses (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Ferreira (sub)

I thought Cahill was very important at crucial stages of the game, even though Anichebe tormented him and Jelavic to an extent, thought he was important, as was Cech, it was a throw up between the two of them.

Mata played very well today too, was very important, and Nando scored that very valuable goal.

Special nod to Ake. Very refreshing to see such a young lad so comfortable in that position, very good today.

I thought the 3 clear candidates were Ake, Cahill and Cech.

Out of the 3 I'd go with Ake. Solid defensive performance, although caught out of position a couple of times. But his tackling and anticipation were extremely good and he was good on the ball. His control was particularly impressive considering some of the passes he received.

Cahill had a very good second half. First half he was pretty good, but made a couple of mistakes in the first half hour.

Cech was solid as f**k once again. Courtois is awesome but should be loaned out for another season. Let him stay at Atletico as he seems to like it there. Keeps him happy and in a high quality team competing for major honours, while we get to keep a keeper who is pure world class.

Giving it to Ake for a tidy and assured performance.  He made some great interceptions and tackles and distrubuted the ball well.  Hopefully our next academy product for promotion.  

Does anyone know Mata's season total for goals and assists in all competitions?  Everything he touches turns to gold. 

Giving it to Ake for a tidy and assured performance.  He made some great interceptions and tackles and distrubuted the ball well.  Hopefully our next academy product for promotion.  

Does anyone know Mata's season total for goals and assists in all competitions?  Everything he touches turns to gold. 

20 goals and 32 assists in all comps

20 goals and 32 assists in all comps

You just reminded me, I put a bet on Boylesports for Mata getting most assists this season last August. He just won me 150 quid. Yet another reason to love that man.

I should have put more on!

Archived