How far we will go in the CL this year?

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

If we play with the same passion and drive as we did vs Bayern in the super cup and yesterday against City, how far you think we'll go? 

I don't really expect to get to the final of the CL or even win the EPL, but if either of those things happen, it would be a pretty awesome season. 

Edited by enigma

Depends as ever on the luck of the draw, however most of the top teams seem to be winning their groups so we should hopefully at least reach the quarters, and from there on who knows.

I'd prioritize the league over the CL at this stage though.

With Jose at the helm anything is possible. I fear Bayern and Real the most. I think PSG are looking strong too. I would be surprised if we didn't make quarterfinals especially since we look to be seeded top teir.

Yep was going to say wouldn't wanna face PSG this year either,very strong team.Cavani,Ibra up top gives them a great chance to win it.

I think the manager lets down PSG. They barely got a draw at the weekend against a team they should be spanking.

As for us, i think the CL is a lottery, it depends on who you meet, who gets knocked out by other teams. If you get a good ref or not. We have seen it time and time again that a team will go through who really shouldnt have *cough* Liverpool *cough*.

I think as long as we have a good go at it i will be happy. Winning the league is the most important thing for me.

After seeing us against Bayern I think we can take anyone over 2 legs.  We won't be the better team, but we can dig in and hit them hard on the break.  I'm not entertaining dreams of winning it this year, maybe next year we'll be closer to our ~2005 powerhouse, but we've got the best chance of the English teams IMO.  This season I want domestic success and we're well on course for that.  Making it to the quarters or the semis and going out with a fight would be nice to make up for our poor showing last season.

Don't think PSG have that special something though. Ibra is good, but I don't think him and Cavani can win them the CL. We have Jose, Real have Ronaldo, Barca have Messi and Bayern, well, they just have a strong all round team. 

Quarterfinals would be a realistic expectation for me. We could even reach the finals if we manage to avoid Barca and Bayern

I'd say we'd be in with a good shot even if we met them before the final. Barcelona hate us and we have always given them a real fight and we drew with Bayern not very long ago.

Don't think PSG have that special something though. Ibra is good, but I don't think him and Cavani can win them the CL. We have Jose, Real have Ronaldo, Barca have Messi and Bayern, well, they just have a strong all round team.

We have more then jose. We have players who won it not so long ago. I fear nobody in this competion.

After 2012 I don't believe anything is beyond us, to be honest.

If we can avoid Barca or Bayern in the earlier stages, we can reach the final of the CL. Then we can take that game from there. But I genuinely believe we can win the CL. Why not? We have a fantastic manager, a pretty solid defense and a striker whose hitting top form and confidence- and if the rumours are true that Mourinho is going to go in with a 35 million bid for Rooney in January, even better- we stand an even bigger chance of success.

I would prefer us to win the EPL though, if I had to choose one or the other. It's been four years since we won that, or at least it will be next May. Time to celebrate with the trophy again.

After 2012 I don't believe anything is beyond us, to be honest.

If we can avoid Barca or Bayern in the earlier stages, we can reach the final of the CL. Then we can take that game from there. But I genuinely believe we can win the CL. Why not? We have a fantastic manager, a pretty solid defense and a striker whose hitting top form and confidence- and if the rumours are true that Mourinho is going to go in with a 35 million bid for Rooney in January, even better- we stand an even bigger chance of success.

I would prefer us to win the EPL though, if I had to choose one or the other. It's been four years since we won that, or at least it will be next May. Time to celebrate with the trophy again.

Rooney has already played for Man Utd this season in CL.