Mario Balotelli

I disagree barak, I think he can be as good as he wants to be. When he can be arsed he is unplayable, its his attitude and immaturity that's holding him back. But I honestly don't know if I want us to sign him.

Stamford Bridge side edge closer to securing San Siro ace.

Chelsea are in advanced talks to complete an exciting deal to sign AC Milan forward Mario Balotelli.

CaughtOffside understands that Blues chief Roman Abramovich has been in extensive talks San Siro vice-president Adriano Galliani after AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi made it clear that he was ready to listen to offers for the 23 year old Italian international.

Read more Chelsea transfer news.

The Stamford Bridge side are looking to complete a deal to bring in the former Man City man within the next 48 hours, with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho keen to welcome his former Inter Milan charge in to boost his ailing attack.

Though Balotelli is cup tied from Champions League action, a fact that has lessened the striker’s value, Mourinho is still looking to seal a move for the eccentric marksman this month as he pushes to secure the Premier League title in the first season of his second spell at Stamford Bridge.

Despite the fact that AC Milan have been in woeful form Balotelli has scored at a prolific pace, netting 20 goals in 29 appearances for the Italian giants since his move a year ago from the Etihad Stadium, a move that is still being paid off in installments.

Chelsea currently sit in third spot in the Premier League, just two points off the top of the table, so with the addition of a proven goalscorer who is in-form Mourinho may well feel his chances of securing the title will be significantly increased.

Jose Mourinho’s pursuit of another Serie A target, Inter Milan midfielder Fredy Guarin, has on the other hand reached something of an impasse with the Colombian seemingly using Chelsea’s interest to help boost his chances of earning an improved contract.

The 27 year old former FC Porto man has stated his intention to remain at Inter and this may well lead Mourinho to target other central midfield targets though it appears his pursuit of a player for the role is in no way more pressing than his urgent pursuit of a prolific striker.

Mourinho’s push to land Balotelli is no surprise given that Fernando Torres, Demba Ba and Samuel Eto’o have failed to retain any level of consistency this season with the trio managing just seven Premier League goals between them from a combined total of 34 appearances.

LOL

Bookies suspended betting

Bookies have suspended all bets...

Oh dear god no...

Jose said we would sign no strikers this window, the man himself said he would be staying in Milan this window.

You would not be calling both men fibbers now would you gents?

Wouldnt mind having him at the club even with all of his antics, however a Diego Costa or a Gonzalo Higuain would seem like a more likely move that the club would make. Even a move for Chicharito would be an interesting one to make if he is unloaded by United. 

Hernandez would be bloody awful. As a striker playing up front on your own you need to hold the ball up well, Hernandez can't do this at all, it isn't in his game. He's a goal poacher, we need more than that because of how the team is set up.

Edited by Scott Harris

If Balotelli has it in his head that Mourinho can get him to be one of the best, I think he can be a hit. Remember he wasn't helped at Man City due to Mancini's poor man management skills. Mou knows how to get the most out of players and most importantly knows that on his day he is superb. Italy v Germany in Euro 2012 was one of the best individual performances of recent times. <br /><br />He has definitely mellowed at Milan from what I've seen, such as admitting he is nowhere near the level than a lot of top players. Milan are going south and are rebuilding so they may appreciate the offer if it is on the table.<br /><br />Though the media will try and bring the circus around him (remember a lot of the stories from his time at City were simply not true). But I think he is aware that solid performances would squash the rumours.<br /><br />I personally hope it is not internet garbage. Though it presents a risk, I think it is a calculated risk. By the way, there are only a very few managers in the world who I would trust to manage Mario. Mourinho is one of them

Jose said we would sign no strikers this window, the man himself said he would be staying in Milan this window.

You would not be calling both men fibbers now would you gents?

Just repeating what I see with no bias. But now you mention it.... All people in football lie

I actually hope it does happen. Lets face it our strikers cant get the job done. To win the league you have to score goals so we need a striker that can actually put the ball in the back of the net. Mario has already proven himself in the league. My only worry is the same as others that he is a bit mental.

Selling Ba and brining in Mario would be great business and would help us in the league.