Robbie Di Matteo Appreciation Thread

robdog

To add to this, he's seemingly interested in bringing Eddie in as his assistant manager.  I think Eddie is currently employed by the club in some capacity in the youth set up, but I may be wrong

Best of luck to him anyway

Aaaaargh. I wish he'd taken the job a month earlier so we can do this again at the Bridge:

Absolutely love Robbie, I hope he does well and takes Schalke out of the group (behind us, mind) and into top 3 in Germany.

Edited by Virosh

• 2 weeks later...

I had Robbies lot in an accumulator including Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham, Celtic, Sothampton and Barcalona...£3 brought me in £96...Half time Barca was still 0-0 and I thought the team with the shortest odd were going to let me down.

Glad Robbie's back in the game and wish him luck.

• 7 months later...

I love Robbie, as a player for us, and of course Munich.

But, i don't see Premier league clubs coming in for him, his overall record in the Pl is pretty poor. I'm sure his Cv will always keep him in managerial work, but i don't think he's at the top level tactically.

But, i don't see Premier league clubs coming in for him, his overall record in the Pl is pretty poor. I'm sure his Cv will always keep him in managerial work, but i don't think he's at the top level tactically.

Same.

Great bloke, Chelsea hero and will forever be the man who landed us the CL as manager.

However I don't think he's going to ever be a top manager, Avram Grant was one kick away from the same feat and he was pretty poor too.

Edited by Chelsbear

Similar to Zola, great person but simply not good enough as a manager.