PL or Champions League?

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

PL title or Champions League, which would we prefer? Since Jose insists our ambitions for this season is a Champs league spot i.e top 4 finish, it is therefore wise to suggest that winning the Champs league is a sure guarantee to automatic qualification for same. Shouldn't we then concentrate on winning it considering that we have just four matches to play to get to the final? The PL is a trickier proposition with the current forms of Manc and Liverpool and our lethargic away form occasioned by lack of lethal, world class strikers.

CL title provided that City win the league not Liverpool.

If City bottle it i'd rather win the league to ensure that the dippers don't.

Taking the two trophies out of that context though, I think the CL is a bigger prize and I would also love for Jose to overshadow Paisley's 3 European Cups by doing it with 3 different teams.

Also the fact that it is much more difficult to win in Europe than domestically. 

Liverpool have 18 PLs and 5 CLs

Bayern have 24 Bundesligas and 5 CLs

Barca have 22 La Ligas and 4 CLs

United have 20 titles and a "mere" 3 CLs. :P

CL definitely,

Also the fact that it is much more difficult to win in Europe than domestically. 

Liverpool have 18 PLs and 5 CLs

Bayern have 24 Bundesligas and 5 CLs

Barca have 22 La Ligas and 4 CLs

United have 20 titles and a "mere" 3 CLs. :P

CL definitely,

Hmm, I don't know. I think it's harder to win the PL.

Liverpool have 0 PLs and 5 CLs

I have corrected that.  Liverpool have precisely ZERO PLs.  Granted they have won the old division one championship.  But I take great delight in the fact that they have no Premier League titles.  And long may it stay that way.

That is true, but to be named the "Champions of Europe" is a pretty sexy title to have.  :156:

Also, the reason I say this is, because the sheer number of top drawer players you can attract to the club purely through winnning the CL. The reputation of the club would also be sky high. 2 Champions League cups within 3 years would be pretty damn spectacular. I don't think it will happen mind, but it's good to dream  :smile:

Edited by enigma

Most "traditional" top teams have won four to five times the number of domestic leagues compared to CLs. I don't know about that.

But again, it is a matter of personal preference. If you ask Real Madrid they'd kill to win the La Decima, if you ask Liverpool they'd kill to win the League after so long. Personal choices.

In terms of global recognition as well as economically, winning the CL makes so much more sense. Also I'd much rather Chelsea be European champions than domestic champions. 

Premier League, we have the Holy Grail now and while I wouldn't be disappointed if we win the Champions League and not the league this season the Premier league for me shows you're the absolute best in your league so definitely the Prem this season.

100% agree

I'd prefer the Champions league, simply because then you dont have the likes of Uli Hoeness (among many others) spouting off about you being inferior because the premier league doesnt provide teams as strong as the likes of Bayern, Real and Barca

It is critically important that all football fans, (except dippers), whatever their creed, colour or football supporting persuasion are able to sing "have you ever seen Gerrard win the league", at the end of May

If we cannot do so, a little piece of us all will die.

Edited by just

It is critically important that all football fans, (except dippers), whatever their creed, colour or football supporting persuasion are able to sing "have you ever seen Gerrard win the league", at the end of May

If we cannot do so, a little piece of us all will die.

This did not improve my mood, Just!

Always the same answer for me = the League and its not even close. Always want us to do well in the CL of course but i just find it all a bit of a circus to be he honest.

So league for me, and ill speak for pretty much all of the Chelsea fans i know well when i say that too.