Ashley 'They Do Now' Cole - Goodbye & Good Luck

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Guest Sindre

Put some effort into it?

Title should be something like "Thanks for everything Ashley Cole". Chelsea legend and a massive part of our CL-win. Best left-back ever in the premiership, one time the best in the world. Wish he stayed on another year but best of luck wherever he goes.

Guest Sindre

I am weighing up my options for playing next season with my agent and sadly it does not look like chelsea will be one of them.

Thank u Chelsea FC for making my 8 years there a pleasure to work all the staff and players, we've been through a lot, good and bad

What an absolute legend of a left back. Not sure we'll see many better than him to be honest, at Chelsea or in England. Best of luck to him whatever he decides to do next.

Best left back of this era imo. And still is among the very best, can't believe we're letting him go and he didn't get a place in the WC squad.

Thanks and the best of luck to him in his future endeavors. 

Edited by Saru

Huge huge loss. Losing Ashley makes it essential that we buy an English player who can give us the same level of service that he has. The only 2 youngsters capable of that right now are Shaw and Barkley.

What a servant Ashley has been. Gutted he's gone. He'll show us wherever he goes next that he still has a couple of years left in him yet

^Good timing IMO, no doubt he was a class act but he offers nothing going forward (maybe because of the way we are set up). However I agree that he will flourish in a system like the one employed by Liverpool.

Still one of the best defensive left backs in world football.Should be going to the world cup and think we should have kept him for at least another year.However its not to be .Good luck Ash in the future (just dont join those horrible bin dippers)

Gutted that he's left us, I knew it was coming but I had that little bit of hope for another year.

Thanks for everything Ash, we definitely got his best years. He's definitely the greatest left back in Premier League history. The 2009-10 season was his best for us and who can forget that stunning pen in Munich. Best of luck Ash.

For me, i hope he goes abroad, (i'd hate to see him in a dippers shirt) he's been an absolute star for us over the last 8 yrs or so.

Timing wise i think it's perfect, as long as we get a top class YOUNG replacement, obviously Luke Shaw is the name on everyone's lips, but it looks like manure could have pipped us to that one. Only time will tell of course.

Good luck Ash, and thanks. 

Been brilliant for us and I believe he's been the best in the world. I do think its the right time to be leaving, I don't think he can handle regular top level football any more.

But thanks Ash for providing some great moments and incredible consistency for us, and what a great attitude this season.

Good luck for the future.

Gutting, when he played he was rusty but still looks like he can do a season?

I remember him saying a few years ago that it was getting harder and harder to get up and train every day etc, maybe time has caught up with him.

Can only have faith that this is the right move, because if someone like Utd or Liverpool pick him up on the cheap and he gets back to his best we will feel very stupid indeed.

Dumb decision letting him go and we'll definitely be regretting it if he joins another English team.

One of the greatest left backs of all time, a true legend.

And still the best left back in the league for me.

Edited by Jonty

Guest RFC_CFC

Saddened to see another of the Munich boys leave, theres hardly anyone left!

We still have Cech, Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Mikel, Lamps, Betrand and Ivan..

Granted we could lose a few of them soon!

Guest RFC_CFC

I'm still holding out hope we will sort something out, nothings set in stone.

No point letting Ash go when we will need to replace him, how do you replace the best left back in English football in 20 odd years?

I'm getting too old