The Chronicles of Brendan 'Cringe Worthy' Rodgers

Zola
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

From today's Independent.

"Raheem Sterling's brilliant pre-season form has Brendan Rodgers comparing him to Barcelona No 10 Lionel Messi."

Haha, great stuff. I guess Brendan is going to try and fill the global void of funny lines that Robin Williams would have provided.

Think Neville summed it up best with his assessment on Liverpool when he said they desperately need depth. They may have gotten that but they lost Suarez. They needed both! Cannot see them and their thin squad up to the challenge with as many matches they may have to play.

Brendan Rodgers believes Liverpool's summer transfer business shows they are capable of attracting Europe's top talent.

Rodgers has been able to lure Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Rickie Lambert, Lazar Markovic, Emre Can, Divock Origi and Javier Manquillo to Merseyside, while a deal for Sevilla full-back Alberto Moreno is close to completion. 

Ok then....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9421236/transfer-news-brendan-rodgers-feels-liverpool-are-a-top-draw

I've seen this on twitter, a quote from the Make Us Dream book (yes it's a separate book from They Dared To Dream).

Yeah, they had just beaten City but he knew the title was gone because Henderson got sent off :rolleyes:

There were a few of us after that game that were concerned about how we were going to replace Henderson. He had become a pretty vital member of the side.

So I understand what he means when he says that about where it went wrong.

There were a few of us after that game that were concerned about how we were going to replace Henderson. He had become a pretty vital member of the side.

So I understand what he means when he says that about where it went wrong.

Yea, but to say he knew the title was gone, at that point, is ludicrous.

I'd agree with that. Maybe he's trying to take some pressure off Gerrard? If he came out and said "it was right there when Gerrard cocked it up" it wouldn't help ease the nightmares as far as Mr G is concerned.

Poor little stevie me, well when he visits other ground this season, twenty thousand people are going to tell him the truth, slipped up, fed up & Ba took your hope away.

I'm not so sure on that. I think his miss-control and slip has had a huge effect in him, I don't think he's the same player since, and doubt he will be. Was equally poor in Brasil

Just thought he was very ineffective in Brazil as opposed to being actually poor.

I honestly don't think the crowd will get to him that much. He's had a lot of crap from most grounds for years now.

I do think though that the whole thing will be troubling him inside his own head. It's likely to have come too late for him to have a chance to win the league again, and that will be how he possibly remembers things when he retires. Had it been three or four years ago or earlier then he would maybe have the chance to turn things around, but I think it will weigh heavily on him in his own mind.

However, at the end of it all he owes us nothing. Had to carry the club on his own for far too long before any decent quality like Torres was signed, then Suarez.

He's delivered plenty in return, and I think you'd struggle to find one of us going overboard on last season's mishap. And that isn't a cue to trawl the net looking for quotes from gobsh*tes.

The latest comment on Scouse signing Ballotelli.

"People who know me well will tell you I look to try and develop the player and the person. Thankfully we have that culture here. I’ve shown before that as long as players care and want to learn, we can give them the opportunity to develop."

The latest comment on Scouse signing Ballotelli.

"People who know me well will tell you I look to try and develop the player and the person. Thankfully we have that culture here. I’ve shown before that as long as players care and want to learn, we can give them the opportunity to develop."

priceless.....