Schurrle not? 25mil to Atlético

Veeria

I really can't see this happening and really hope it doesn't. It would be a stupid move - he's a great fit for us, offers something different, and didn't moan at all when he didn't make the matchday squad for a couple of months last season.

I definitely prefer him to Willian on the right wing. Don't think this will happen but hope it doesn't even more so. One of my favourite players.

Of all the players we have on the right, Schurrle is the last we should be selling. I'd sooner lose Willian tbh.

Me Too.

Willian is probably more a "Mourinho type" player in that he runs and runs and does a lot defensively (but lacks a fair bit in end product).

I wasn't convinced with Schurrle to start with but the more I see of him the more I like and I can only see him improving. It would be insane to let him go when we have others who offer much less. Hopefully it's all bollocks anyway.

Me Too.

Willian is probably more a "Mourinho type" player in that he runs and runs and does a lot defensively (but lacks a fair bit in end product).

I wasn't convinced with Schurrle to start with but the more I see of him the more I like and I can only see him improving. It would be insane to let him go when we have others who offer much less. Hopefully it's all bollocks anyway.

Same, I like schurrle now and after the World Cup I think It would be stupid to let him go but he put on Instagram "finally back #london" that's the one thing we have over other clubs were in the champions league and players want to live in London. So I hope he stays otherwise I won't be happy if we get rid of schurrle considering we've already got rid of lukaku who had bags of potential.

Guest RFC_CFC

Would be utter stupidity.

He is improving and scores goals...Willian might work hard but his end product is dire.

We would need to buy again if we did sell and bar Reus it would be pointless.

Rumour originated from Marca.

Say no more.

I take it they chat rubbish?

Also if Sky Sports are reporting it, there is almost certainly something about it that's true, probably that Atletico are just interested and preparing a bid.

I really, really hope we keep him.

Guest RFC_CFC

Schurrle out, Reus in? What ya say guys?

No.

Andre has done nothing to warrant being sold. He has scored goals and out of all our attaking mids (Hazard apart) he looks the most likely to score when he plays.

He played a big part in Germany winning the world cup (assist for the winner) and can only improve.

Wh sell him just to bring another player in? We should only sell if we NEED to sell or the player adds nothing to the squad.

Andre ticks none of those boxes.

It may just be speculation, but there could be some substance if there's any truth behind Reus's alleged £20 million release clause. It wouldn't surprise me if he's the long term successor to Ribery/Robben at Bayern, however.

He prefers the left if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how good he is on the right, I suspect like Hazard he's less effective there. If we were moving for Reus/Di Maria for some reason, Willian or Salah should be the one to go. Not Schurrle. I'm thinking Atletico may be interested in him but that doesn't mean we're interested in letting him go.

Reus is a very similar player to Schurrle, although some may say Reus is the more talented of the two. Like Schurrle his main position is left wing so he'd pretty much be a like for like replacement.

Liverpool may still be looking for a 'marquee signing' and City/United may be interested too... so given the choice I'd sign Reus and sell Schurrle to Atletico.  :biggrin:

Archived