Thibaut Courtois

Krc-fan
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Courtois,  I think he is an average and unchallenged goal keeper.  It's like teams know to try and go for dodgey shots and Courtois wont be there to save us.  He is not a top class goal keeper as most people and Jounos make him to be.  Very rarely does he keep us in games this dude and I wish chelsea could get another keeper to challenge him and improve the level.  He just f**king concedes and people rip into our defense all the time and spare him.  Courtois is average and this annoys me cause the impression is that we are perfect on this position and yet we are not.  I really wanted Chelsea to get Pickford!!!  

Edited by dhidza
N/A

7 minutes ago, dhidza said:

Courtois,  I think he is an average and unchallenged goal keeper.  It's like teams know to try and go for dodgey shots and Courtois wont be there to save us.  He is not a top class goal keeper as most people and Jounos make him to be.  Very rarely does he keep us in games this dude and I wish chelsea could get another keeper to challenge him and improve the level.  He just f**king concedes and people rip into our defense all the time and spare him.  Courtois is average and this annoys me cause the impression is that we are perfect on this position and yet we are not.  I really wanted Chelsea to get Pickford!!!  

How can you moan about Courtois being average and then say we should've gone for Pickford?

13 minutes ago, dhidza said:

What a load of tripe.

1 hour ago, dhidza said:

Garbage.

Contrary to what anyone might be thinking, I don't hate him. I just want him to improve his game and be consistent because whenever we are playing a top team in the league or in the champions league I get worried about him more than any of our player (especially those times when the opposition prefers to shoot outside the box rather than inside the box). If he can turn things around and be a consistent player he will be one of my favourite player.
But with no real competition for him, the fans thinking he is a top player, I just can't see him improving his game. It will only end up the same way as Matic.
And anyone who thinks Real Madrid might be interested or ever sign him should wake up! Aside from Athletico Madrid, I can't see any top team paying to get him, the rest are just paper talk.

8 hours ago, wallosh said:

They finished 7th but ask anyone, he was still among there top 3 best player that season.
Now that's what I call a WORLD CLASS PLAYER.

So that's made Demba Ba bona fide world class for being the best player in the Newcastle side that finished 5th? Thanks for clearing that up.

So that's made Demba Ba bona fide world class for being the best player in the Newcastle side that finished 5th? Thanks for clearing that up.

If he is a goal keeper, then YES he is world class. Only world class keepers can be outstanding in a sh*t team. I still remember Jussi Jaskelainen.

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

The City, Liverpool and PSG games, he made great saves, the sort I will expect consistently from a goal keeper of a top 4 EPL team. But you can put your money on Courtois as he is seriously prone to conceding embarrassing goals immediately after being impressive the match before. And the others on that list are normal saves you will expect from average keepers like Hereulho Gomes.

Which embarrasing goals are you referring to?

Are they similar to these that you're idol let in?

1 minute ago, wallosh said:

Try again bro, those ones are also inconsistent goal keepers. I thought you will come up with the likes of Shay Given.

You said Demba Ba would be world class if he was a keeper for playing in 5th place Newcastle.

PS: I'm still waiting for these mad mistakes he supposedly constantly makes, i hope they are worse than the one's De Gea made above.

Edited by Argo

19 hours ago, wallosh said:

Contrary to what anyone might be thinking, I don't hate him. I just want him to improve his game and be consistent because whenever we are playing a top team in the league or in the champions league I get worried about him more than any of our player (especially those times when the opposition prefers to shoot outside the box rather than inside the box). If he can turn things around and be a consistent player he will be one of my favourite player.
But with no real competition for him, the fans thinking he is a top player, I just can't see him improving his game. It will only end up the same way as Matic.
And anyone who thinks Real Madrid might be interested or ever sign him should wake up! Aside from Athletico Madrid, I can't see any top team paying to get him, the rest are just paper talk.

We have a wing back that can't run and a wing back that can't defend yet you worry about our goalkeeper more? Strange. 

20 hours ago, wallosh said:

Even before the penalty miss, he isn't consistent and not a world class player.

Why you still going on about this bollox, why did we replace cech with him? He was brilliant at athletico, Real Madrid now want him from us, he is paid a stupidly high fee for a keeper, he is the Belgium number 1 unchallenged, where in your mind is he not a world class keeper?

He makes mistakes so do all keepers, his starting postition needs work at times but he is 25 that's very young  in goal keeper years, most decent keepers play late into their 30's he has up to15 years left in him.

Point is he has natural ability and pulls off unbelievable saves, these mistakes can be worked on that's why you have a goal keeping coach.

Otherwise he would just show up and say "I am goal keeper" and robotically perform his duties precisely and be perfect without mistakes like what I think you assume happens with other top keepers. 

The argument is going to completely wrong direction. Don't give us retrospection of matches he saved us. There are facts and no argue about that. But he has conceded cheap goals, has never been confident at crosses or saved a crucial penalty. The one against Sunderland is the only moment that showed some piece of character. And that's it. He has to prove a lot, he is not there where most of you think he is. Yet, I hope. But he is not a champion in my opinion. Gifted, but not a champion, not a cold blooded killer. 

1 hour ago, Pendergast said:

The argument is going to completely wrong direction. Don't give us retrospection of matches he saved us. There are facts and no argue about that. But he has conceded cheap goals, has never been confident at crosses or saved a crucial penalty. The one against Sunderland is the only moment that showed some piece of character. And that's it. He has to prove a lot, he is not there where most of you think he is. Yet, I hope. But he is not a champion in my opinion. Gifted, but not a champion, not a cold blooded killer. 

I keep hearing about these cheap goals, but apart from a mini spell under Guus i can't remember many and none of these posters that seem to think they happen mention any examples.

2 hours ago, Pendergast said:

Which cheap goals has he conceded?

For every keeper out there you can find and make clips with their mistakes. It`s happen. De Gea make unbelievable saves, something that Courtois doesn`t do. Still Thibaut is a great keeper, but Dea Gea to my eyes is better.

Some of his saves are just unreal.

And Courtois in the air is not so good.