Antoine Griezmann

JMaher94
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

JMaher94, do you think you could start a Benteke rumour thread? This one's been floating around a bit now with the Independent, Telegraph, etc.

I'd do it myself, but for reasons which don't need explaining, I'd like it to be you who starts the thread. :)

No worries, I'll get one started asap ;)

Wouldnt he be an amazing signing. Put Hazard central (his next step up) Willian right and Griezemann left.

Would Hazard be as effective centrally? He's best when he's running at defenders on the wings and he can cut inside or beat him on the outside. Wouldn't get as much space in the middle.

Would Hazard be as effective centrally? He's best when he's running at defenders on the wings and he can cut inside or beat him on the outside. Wouldn't get as much space in the middle.

Can't remember the game but I recall one of his best performances for us coming from him playing in the middle.

I dont think we will get him now, Portugese media seem to think Gaitan could be heading here this summer, and Benfica's chairman and Mendes flew to London Friday

Nah,we have been linked with him much more constantly than with Gaitan,also it said that he was going to sign for a premier league team,but they didnt said which team was

Nah,we have been linked with him much more constantly than with Gaitan,also it said that he was going to sign for a premier league team,but they didnt said which team was

Correio de Manha in Portugal, no idea how reliable, seem to be hinting it is us. Saying how Mourinho spoke with Mendes few months back about Gaitan. The deal will be around 20-25m euros, and the final aspects were being sorted out on their visit to London.  Although in a sense you are right they dont say it IS Chelsea, but the article doesn't mention Utd apart from "Chelsea could now be about to sign Gaitan, a player Man Utd watched for 3yrs"

Correio de Manha in Portugal, no idea how reliable, seem to be hinting it is us. Saying how Mourinho spoke with Mendes few months back about Gaitan. The deal will be around 20-25m euros, and the final aspects were being sorted out on their visit to London.  Although in a sense you are right they dont say it IS Chelsea, but the article doesn't mention Utd apart from "Chelsea could now be about to sign Gaitan, a player Man Utd watched for 3y

I doubt we will sign him,jose is not stupid enough to keep wasting money on average players (he is average),we desperately need more goals,this guy doesnt give us that

Jose would be mad to spend another 20-25m on another average RW. We have already spent like 80m on Schurrle, Willian, Cuadrado and none of them has worked so far.. so if we get Gaitan for 25m we'd cross over 100m mark on average wingers at best.

For that money we could have even got Cristiano Ronaldo or Gareth Bale!! JESUS.

I seriously hope Jose don't waste another 25m. We should try to buy marquee players who can improve our first XI rather than stockpiling average players who won't help at all.

Edited by CFCBlue12

Jose would be mad to spend another 20-25m on another average RW. We have already spent like 80m on Schurrle, Willian, Cuadrado and none of them has worked so far.. so if we get Gaitan for 25m we'd cross over 100m mark on average wingers at best.

For that money we could have even got Cristiano Ronaldo or Gareth Bale!! JESUS.

I seriously hope Jose don't waste another 25m. We should try to buy marquee players who can improve our first XI rather than stockpiling average players who won't help at all.

Willian has worked he may not scored the goals but his performances this season have been good.

I doubt we will sign him,jose is not stupid enough to keep wasting money on average players (he is average),we desperately need more goals,this guy doesnt give us that

Not sure what Gaitan you've been watching, he's not average at all. 

Willian has worked he may not scored the goals but his performances this season have been good.

Yup, that's why we've bought Cuadrado and are still looking for another wingers who can hold right position on his own.

Willian is good undoubtedly, but he's not a world class player, more like a squad player.

For 30m pounds you get players like Eden Hazard, Marco Reus, Antoinee Griezzmann, Alexis Sanchez.

Willian isn't at his best as a right winger, I think he will be much more central next season so many new winger will be to play alongside him rather than instead of him.

Willian isn't at his best as a right winger, I think he will be much more central next season so many new winger will be to play alongside him rather than instead of him.

Surely that would spell the end of Oscar ?

Not sure what Gaitan you've been watching, he's not average at all.

he is pretty average,certainly not good enough for us,we need a player like Griezmann and if we dont sign him,someone else will due to his release clause

Giatan is 27, and he's playing in a 2nd-rate league, and saying that, he's never been an impressive player. 

I think we need to stop signing average wingers and just go on and push for a quality winger like Griezmann, who has regularly delivered for Atletico in the league and the CL.