Antoine Griezmann

Definitely, exciting to think we could have a real quality, consistent attacking threat on that wing. Willian gives you a sense of security, though, even if it means he poses less of a direct goal threat. I know his stats are pretty shocking, but like you said, will it upset the team balance? Maybe we'll all be clamouring for Willian to play when he's out the of side, especially if Ivanovic doesn't restrain his attacking play.

I've been liking the Willian of recent weeks more and more and really appreciate the fact that he works his socks off, pressing, tracking back and that he isvable to keep the ball well.

Griezmann (LW)- Hazard (AM) - Willian (RW)

Maybe that would be the way to go forward.

(BTW, I had to double check, but rather oddly, it looks like Griezmann has been in Spain since his youth days. First season for Atletico though, and he seems to have really stepped it up at a top team.)

You have to think that atletico don't have the quality of players we do, so it's still impressive that he's got those number of goals. If he was playing for real Madrid instead of bale, I think he would have many more goals than he has already.

You have to think that atletico don't have the quality of players we do, so it's still impressive that he's got those number of goals. If he was playing for real Madrid instead of bale, I think he would have many more goals than he has already.

They aren't that far off, they can match us player for player in some positions. 

Edited by Remodez

Recently El Confidencial suggested that Antoine Griezmann had a buyout clause of just €30m and thankfully for everyone's sanity they've moved away from that claim. On Tuesday they state the clause is €65m and that Atletico Madrid wouldn't be wholly against a sale, therefore a buying club could get the Frenchman for perhaps a little less.

Chelsea are stated as being interested and all the claims of the Spanish and British media over the past few weeks are repeated. However, what's most interesting is El Confidencial's claim that Jorge Mendes has now been brought into the equation.

It's stated that Mendes wouldn't get involved unless he thought there was a chance of a deal and his close relationships with both Atletico and Jose Mourinho means the transfer becomes more likely than previously. Perhaps crucially, it's stated that Diego Simeone wouldn't block a sale, as he looks to get funds to strengthen his side for another push on the Spanish title next season.

Bookies have it as 7/4 meaning they think it has a max of 36% chance of happening (accounting for large bets changing the odds and margin for error). Obviously they want to make a profit so realistically they think it's probably a fair bit less than that.

Just a FWIW for anyone interested.

Well well well,

Another thread started and another signing likely. Just let me know the next world class player that comes along and I'll make it.

In all seriousness, it looks as done as dusted. Superb player, cannot wait.

we got our wish huh haha

One of the main signings I was hoping for as soon as I heard the link! Couldn't be happer if the dael does go through, brings much more of a goal scoring threat. This also puts someone ludicrously expensive like Bale out the window which I didn't want to happen!