Antoine Griezmann

If we get him and Coke? I think we should defos reconsider changing our name to Atletico de Chelsea

I mean we have like half their team inherited to ours... Coutois, Felipe, Koke, Diego Costa, Griezzman... LOL.

But in all in all reality I can't see them selling both of their star players in same window... so it's either of them.

Edited by CFCBlue12

If this deal were to go through, no matter what we pay for him it will almost be guaranteed to be successful. Class player who can player quite a few positions and brings us much more of a goal scoring threat than Willian and Oscar and maybe even Hazard tbh

I'd be delighted to get him. He's only been there a year though so I'd be surprised to see him leave. Bale apparently staying put. So will isco. So I really only see the lyon lad or the serie a players as options. Greizmann for 40m though would make my summer

If this deal were to go through, no matter what we pay for him it will almost be guaranteed to be successful. Class player who can player quite a few positions and brings us much more of a goal scoring threat than Willian and Oscar and maybe even Hazard tbh

I think he would be a good fit as well, we need that second player alongside Costa that has great off the ball movement in our attack. Shurrle was good at this, but I felt he lacked some key attributes to succeed (burst of pace, dribbling, vision). Griezmann however has it all and I think teams will find it difficult to isolate both Costa and Griezmann.

Griezmann and another central midfielder (maybe Scheiderlin) would set us up nicely. We bring through loftus-cheek and our midfield would be set, as well as our forward line. I think we could hold off on a CB for the time being, but i heard we were looking at gaya (i think that's his name) of valencia at LB. I think that would be a good idea, and let azpi go back to RB. 

He's a quality player, but 40+ million pounds? Not in a million years.

Problem is that we need a quality backup striker since both Costa and Remy is very injury prone. I also think Mourinho likes to use a second striker whenever we are chasing a goal. We also need more depth in attacking midfield,since we never replaced Salah and Cuadrado seems to be struggling to adept to premier league. That leaves us with very little cover for Hazard, Oscar and Willian. Griezmann would solve both these problems, Lacazette (£25mil+) would be another player that can do this as well. Another option would be buying Benteke (£30mil) or Icardi (£20mil+) + Pedro (£20mil+), but that would be more expensive. I also think we would have a hard time selling the idea of only beeing backup striker to Benteke or Icardi.

Why do people always say "have you watched him?" When they dont agree with the opinion on a player? Like that is some sort of winning argument.

I dont think it is either,i just asked him,sorry if i came out as arrogant

To be fair, how many people watch these players? I don't have the time to watch multiple teams/players every week, so i usually only watch Chelsea and maybe a La liga game; the majority of what i know about players is through youtube videos and other people's (people who claim to watch said players) opinions. It is like when people talk about Pogba, i don't watch him at all, so i'm very dubious of how good he really is, so i'm only able to base an opinion from videos online and people's opinions on him. I have seen griezmann play a small handful of times and he's impressed me every time, but as for others we're linked with, the jury is still out for me. 

He has had a great season no doubt. Is he going to take us to the next level ie. Champions League contenders? I'm not entirely sure. I know we need balance for Hazard and as a left footer he meets that, but at the same time 42m is a lot for someone who isn't a sure thing.

He has had a great season no doubt. Is he going to take us to the next level ie. Champions League contenders? I'm not entirely sure. I know we need balance for Hazard and as a left footer he meets that, but at the same time 42m is a lot for someone who isn't a sure thing.

We spent £70 odd million on 3 players who have pretty much failed on the wing in terms of goals and assists.

I don't think Greizmann would cost £42 million either since these figures as FC mentioned always get chucked about but they almost always come down like Costa last season.

If we were to get him he'd instantly be our second best wide player who can also play pretty much anywhere across the front lines.

To be fair, how many people watch these players? I don't have the time to watch multiple teams/players every week, so i usually only watch Chelsea and maybe a La liga game; the majority of what i know about players is through youtube videos and other people's (people who claim to watch said players) opinions. It is like when people talk about Pogba, i don't watch him at all, so i'm very dubious of how good he really is, so i'm only able to base an opinion from videos online and people's opinions on him. I have seen griezmann play a small handful of times and he's impressed me every time, but as for others we're linked with, the jury is still out for me.

Some people watch an insane amount of football. I think that goes double for people who sign up to online forums to talk to uknowns about football. I have no doubt that many on here have seen lots of games from some of the best teams in Europe.

Some people watch an insane amount of football. I think that goes double for people who sign up to online forums to talk to uknowns about football. I have no doubt that many on here have seen lots of games from some of the best teams in Europe.

This!

People who went the effort to create a account on a forum to discuss football clearly know alot about it and watch alot of football also. Wouldn't make sense that someone with very little knowledge about football would sign up to a forum to talk about it

This!

People who went the effort to create a account on a forum to discuss football clearly know alot about it and watch alot of football also. Wouldn't make sense that someone with very little knowledge about football would sign up to a forum to talk about it

There are plenty of people on this forum that disprove your point.  :wink:

I'm with you there mate, is he really much of an upgrade of Willian?

Willian and Griezmanns end product is night and day. He will end up scoring more goals this season then Willian has his entire professional career. Offensively he is a much better player then Willian, or Cuadrado for that matter, is