Antoine Griezmann

JMaher94
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Hope its true. I would be surprised if we got Koke AND Griezmann to be honest, i think it is far more likely to be one or the other. 

Said it before but i'd be more than happy with a shopping list of Green, Cresswell, Schneiderlin and Griezmann, IF it is indeed true that we are looking to offload Cech, Luis and Drogba. 

Promote RLC and Bamford. Pretty sure we would be a fair bit stronger with those key additions. 

Sounds ideal if this is the case, would also help meet with the homegrown quota! 

Bring in these and get rid of some worthless loanees like Marin, Kakuta etc.. And it'll be another successful transfer window

Zidane was 50 Mill 17 years ago, today he would be 90 easy. I think people have forgotten how good he was, we are talking one of the top 5 players of all time

Agreed, Zidane is the best footballer of my life time. Absolute joy to watch.

okay, so koke has ruled out a summer move, so the signing of griezmann is looking ever more likely now. however, i feel like there is going to be some kind of anti climax as this is all seems too good to be true at the moment. 

Edited by enigma

okay, so koke has ruled out a summer move, so the signing of griezmann is looking ever more likely now. however, i feel like there is going to be some kind of anti climax as this is all seems too good to be true at the moment. 

I was thinking the same, but now Athletico are trying to increase buy out clause for nearly £100m which you can be assured if that goes through, we won't be getting either of them

source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/14/atletico-madrid-chelsea-antoine-griezmann-koke

I was thinking the same, but now Athletico are trying to increase buy out clause for nearly £100m which you can be assured if that goes through, we won't be getting either of them

source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/14/atletico-madrid-chelsea-antoine-griezmann-koke

They are,but if Griezmann really wants to come he wont sign the contract and we will live happy ever after

Griezmann is not going to sign that contract if he is interested in coming here, at least not until he knows what we would offer him.  Jorge Mendes has got in on this deal which tends to lead to one outcome - a deal. He brokered Falcao to Utd, Di Maria to Utd.  He doesn't tend to get in on deals unless there is some hope of something getting done

I'd not be surprised to see maybe £30m and Filipe Luis changing hands.  Griezmann will be our "main star" signing IMO

Griezmann is not going to sign that contract if he is interested in coming here, at least not until he knows what we would offer him.  Jorge Mendes has got in on this deal which tends to lead to one outcome - a deal. He brokered Falcao to Utd, Di Maria to Utd.  He doesn't tend to get in on deals unless there is some hope of something getting done

I'd not be surprised to see maybe £30m and Filipe Luis changing hands.  Griezmann will be our "main star" signing IMO

Thats what i was thinking, I could see the cash+ luis deal going through, and tbh I think if the cash sum is left relatively low, it would be a magnificent deal. 

However if Griezmann does end up signing the contract, there is no chance we are getting him

Was listening to the press pass yesterdy and Danny Kelly claims that a  "source very close to the club" has told him Jose has asked the scouts to find him 3 - 4 players all 6'2 or above. Seems a bit strange and I'm sure we are talking about talented players, not just bean poles for the sake of it and might be fictional But if true this rumor is down the drain

Was listening to the press pass yesterdy and Danny Kelly claims that a  "source very close to the club" has told him Jose has asked the scouts to find him 3 - 4 players all 6'2 or above. Seems a bit strange and I'm sure we are talking about talented players, not just bean poles for the sake of it and might be fictional But if true this rumor is down the drain

Head over to the Pogba thread folks. Nothing to see here.

Griezmann is not going to sign that contract if he is interested in coming here, at least not until he knows what we would offer him. Jorge Mendes has got in on this deal which tends to lead to one outcome - a deal. He brokered Falcao to Utd, Di Maria to Utd. He doesn't tend to get in on deals unless there is some hope of something getting done

I'd not be surprised to see maybe £30m and Filipe Luis changing hands. Griezmann will be our "main star" signing IMO

Jose mentioned in his presser that some links are legit and some guys are just fishing for new contracts. I've got a strong feeling that this is the latter. He has contributed well to Atletico's season with goals, but he would offer nothing we don't already have and nothing we need to improve our play and level of consistency.

I don't think we need him, money would be better spent elsewhere I feel. 

We do really need another attacking midfield especially after watching Cuadrado play. I want someone who is going to take on players though who is good at dribbling in tight spaces. I want someone to take the pressure of Hazard, dunno how good Griezmann is at that.

We do really need another attacking midfield especially after watching Cuadrado play. I want someone who is going to take on players though who is good at dribbling in tight spaces. I want someone to take the pressure of Hazard, dunno how good Griezmann is at that.

I was thinking the same, but you also got to think that before Cuadrado joined we all thought what he was going to do what Willian couldn't (and that was dribble past players, be more offensive etc..) and so far he hasn't impressed.. What if Griezmann ends up the same? Maybe he'll struggle in the prem

Jose mentioned in his presser that some links are legit and some guys are just fishing for new contracts. I've got a strong feeling that this is the latter. He has contributed well to Atletico's season with goals, but he would offer nothing we don't already have and nothing we need to improve our play and level of consistency.

If the story was all coming from his agent, I'd possibly think the same.  But with Jorge Mendes getting involved, which was reported by Kike Marin in El Confidencial who is regarded as reliable, then I'd say Mendes involvement is to get Jose his man, not to get Griezmann a new deal tbh.   The stuff about players being linked for new contracts I instantly thought "Sterling"

If the story was all coming from his agent, I'd possibly think the same.  But with Jorge Mendes getting involved, which was reported by Kike Marin in El Confidencial who is regarded as reliable, then I'd say Mendes involvement is to get Jose his man, not to get Griezmann a new deal tbh.   The stuff about players being linked for new contracts I instantly thought "Sterling"

Also probably a dig a Rooney after he led Jose down the garden path two years ago

Someone who's following his games, can you please explain how good he is in defence. Does he head back, covering the RB and hardworker on the pitch? I don't want to judge someone with false reasons but if he's a replacement for Willian, then I'm against it. If we chasing him as second striker, then I can't see him leaving for this position. He has good stats in the La Liga and always in the starting line, he wants to play, that's how I see it.

Someone who's following his games, can you please explain how good he is in defence. Does he head back, covering the RB and hardworker on the pitch? I don't want to judge someone with false reasons but if he's a replacement for Willian, then I'm against it. If we chasing him as second striker, then I can't see him leaving for this position. He has good stats in the La Liga and always in the starting line, he wants to play, that's how I see it.

Whilst I've barely seen him play so can't really make a judgement on him, does it matter that much at this present moment in time? Hazard didn't have much of a defensive workrate at all until Mourinho drummed it into him. Given a full pre-season and playing under less pressure now that we've won the league at last, I don't see why he couldn't be taught to add a defensive aspect to his game.